Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

where in the world is ricksconnected???

I'll see (catch up) y'all in a couple weeks. I get to start my 2 week hiatus from what I love (family and friends here) to earn my 2 nickels. Spread the word; "Preppers Unite".

Be Safe, Regulator5

And now Rick will have another partner for long outings...lol.

Rick, you shouldn't have said "air" tho; it just concreted the picture Tinder created of you on his post about your full blown dress rehearsal and being held up under a bypass....LMAO.

your full blown dress rehearsal ????? Ricks in a dress????? I leave you guys unsupervised for four days and THIS happens!

Looks like everyone likes the name so I'll leave it.

Quick report on CTD and the new Cabela's in Dallas.

CTD had some really nice folks but their supplies of most things not AR or .223/5.56 was limited. They're selling stuff as fast as they get it in. Even for Texas that seems a lot of buying. You can order on-line while in their storefront and they ship it without shipping fees so that is a plus. I was disappointed in what was in stock. It was a much smaller store than I thought it would be but it was a friendly place and you could order on line with no shipping. I wouldn't make the trip from Houston just for that storefront thought.

The new Cabela's (been there less than a year) was a surprise. My lady saw it from the freeway as we were leaving going north. It is only about a mile from the CTD store but on the opposite side of the highway. A little convoluted after leaving the highway to find it but not bad. They told me it was smaller than the store outside of Ft. Worth, it ONLY has a little over 100,000 sq. feet of space! NICE store, good arms library, plenty of everything I was looking for although they allowed as to how their inventory was hard to keep up with all the buying. I found everything I needed/wanted there although I did not have time to do a full recon - I wanted to beat Dallas rush hour. Great staff, very helpful and, at least in the gun section, the folks knew what they were talking about. I'll be back to that store. It was worth the 5 hour drive.

I'll be gone until Sunday Night/Monday Morning. I got invited to a party/shooting day with the guys. Not that I think I'm a big deal or anything lol.

"Windage and elevation, sir, windage and elevation" Have fun and stay safe - I know you will (the folks on this site are too level headed to get stupid with a gun) but I don't know your shooting buddies.

Oh, I agree with Ricks, there is no one on this forum that is not a big deal!

Oh, I agree with Ricks, there is no one on this forum that is not a big deal!

yes sir indeed. the powers to be have given us a nice "play ground" to come and take part in.

to them we are extremely greatful. the true magic of this site is the people bart, as you too know im sure.

together we all count, we all matter. together wth the the site we all are one. when one comes or goes it effects us all and i hope everybody realizes that too, from the newbie to the seasoned forum user and prepper. so in one famous mans theory, if two is one and one is none, we are many sir and we are strong.

(oh crap, there goes my back again, please help me off my soap box capt bart) ROFLMAO.

Thanks guys, it's nice to be part of a forum group like this.

Shooting was safe for our part, but there were a couple of high dollar shooters on the other end of the range that wouldn't stop flagging us with their "tacticool" rigs. Tried talking to them, but they got a bit heated about it, so we took an early lunch and came back when then left. Found out I'd lost a step after taking an unusually long break from shooting, so I'll be logging more trigger time now :)

Yeah I used to be a pretty active guy then I stopped because of losing a Laptop or two and being lazy, also my keyboard was broke for a month and the on-screen one sucks. Then I thought I forgot my password but figured it out. DEFINATELY LIKE THE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job moderators.

Well, since the site wasn't closed down this morning I guess you guys more or less behaved. :P

Good to be back. Cabela's in Dallas had some good prices on ammo in bulk. You guys might want to take a look and see if there is anything there you could use.

Had a good trip and it's good to be back.

"That's our cue to bust open a case of grain alcohol and swap raunchy jokes and bad ideas "

How did I miss this???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

oh thats right I was working.PM me next time please.

"That's our cue to bust open a case of grain alcohol and swap raunchy jokes and bad ideas "

How did I miss this???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

oh thats right I was working.PM me next time please.

i missed out too.