Sign in to follow this  
Rod

LDS Preparedness Manual

Since this manual was reviewed and recommended on the Survival Cache web site, I took some time to download it. The manual looked interesting so I started to skim through the 220 pages to get a feel for what it contained. Way back on page 184 I stumbled across a section called “Thoughts on Disaster Survival, Post Katrina…”

Whew! This section read like a post-apocalyptic book! It consisted of 38 points that were compiled via several emails by a guy writing to his friend. The guy was heavily involved in the New Orleans disaster of hurricane Katrina. Many of the comments were LIVE to that moment in time.

If you want validation for being prepared, you have to read these nine pages! What shocked me was the attitude of some of the “rescuers”. I suppose I should not have been surprised, but not having been in that situation myself I had no experience to draw on.

If you read nothing else in this manual, I consider this to be a “must read” section.

I too printed the LDS book because of the reviews on this site and from Southernprepper1 on his YouTube channel. I can tell you I belive it is the best prepping book I have read so far. I have gotten several friends who are prepping and on the edge of prepping to print the book and they all love it too.

I knew the book was really good when it came to the section about Hurricane Katrina. It was dead on and I know because I was one of the law enforcement officers sent down there by my department and I saw it from the third day after the hurricane cleared until about 14 days later and I am here to tell you it was alot worse then you could ever imagine.

The news media could not get in so there is not alot of photo or written documention about those first post storm days. Just think the show "The Walking Dead" and you would be pretty close to what it was like. If you guys are intrested mabey I could write something up about it on here and how crazy it was.

Edited by wolfpack21643

wolfpack, I appreciate your validation of the article. When I read something of that nature I am always concerned about it being legitimate. I try to be very careful about coming to conclusions based on only one source.

I for one, would be deeply thankful for your observations of the events after the hurricance. The implications to us all are enormous. That article really drove home to me the importance of being prepared.