Sign in to follow this  
Rod

Hunter: After The Fall

Hunter: After The Fall was written by John Backus. The book is a post-apocalyptic action-adventure story set in the Rocky Mountains, fourteen years from now. While I enjoyed the book there was very little to learn from a "prepper" standpoint.

There is a detailed description of a large compound built in three nested squares and designed for defense. However, having secret exits and entrances is both it's downfall and eventual salvation. I did learn not to have these "secret" ways in and out as they are just too much trouble! :) I guess they were just there as a plot device.

The author does deliver some good reflections on various ways to manage/rule a large group of people. There is no perfect way and each approach seems to rely heavily on the quality of the people involved.

One thing I did learn was to identify bad men early on and kill them. Of course if you did that there would be no real plot development. But I guess that is the case for most books.

This is the first of a series of books and while I enjoyed the read I won't be reading the next in the series as I found it a bit predictable.