Sign in to follow this  
bob leeper

my tomahawk made by shrew hawks

my tomahawk is one of my most used tools when it comes to just about anything. it is a SHREW tomahawk and they have a page online. they also make archery equipment. it is a versatile tool and weapon . last fall i was hunting and my fifty caliber rifle (BP) misfired and

the rabbit froze for long enough for me to hit it with the hawk ensuring i had a meal in the making that evening. and i 've opened a can of beans with it when i broke the can opener

(which i do not recommend ) and i ve cut wood for the fire when the saw burdens the arm,B)

Bob- Thanks for the mention of the Hawk. I certainly forget from time to time some of the most basic tools. In fact something like a good hatchet or like tool maybe can take the place and space of several other tools. I just got in from an annua work day at escape camp and a couple team members laughed at me bringing my sledgehammer. That is until some metal framing got bent by a windstorm from Tropical Storm Lee. My hammer straightened all that talk out.

its amazing what all the tools out there that can be used. i try to keep it so simple and get so much more out of life . i have a maul on a short handle and it weighs a ton , the hawk was used by my ancestors as a multi tool. i use what werks for me, as it werked for my great great grandfathers and their tribe

like the tomahawk good idea

I use a cheap Chinese muti-tool hatchet nail puller hammer hatchet pry bar am considering lengthening the

handle.

I also like the cold steel Vietnam tomahawk.

but what I really want is Leatherman, Ruger Swiss army and Cold steel to combine ideas and come out with

the ultimate survival weapon tool camping accessory

choppin' cuttin' grippin' shootin' killin' tent pole / spear with a a crank led flashlight,hacksaw, monocular,

magnifying glass, socket set, tooth pick and a pair of tweezers and an unbreakable compass with a whistle

with a usb am fm weather band and short wave cb radio receiver transmitter music player maybe if it has

room a distress pen flares for the gun and as a main spar for a hang glider and the material could double as a hammock blanket jacket or poncho and the support cables as snares add a shovel and a brandy flask and

Wahoooooo

My tribe were the survivors

part Apache Indian Irish Spanish and French probably others as it seems like the men in my family tree were

not particular any port in a storm and were soldiers sailors and fighters and are buried from one end of the

earth to the other as far back as some can recall the Irish insurrection to the recent unpleasantness.

We are opinionated and willing to fight for what we think is freedom with anything from a bow and arrow, jack knife, pitchfork,sword, musket, bayonet and entrenching tool whatever.

Some got medals long Obituaries some praise some were hated but none to my knowledge were ever

considered yellow crazy but never yellow

guess if you watched Frankenstein one of my kin was wielding a torch.