Sign in to follow this  
TheMcs

when/where are you most vulnerable?

hi all

i live in IN,here company parking lot's included,restricted or not,can't stop gun carry.only federal bldg,air ports we can't.i use to have a drywall company.had some gangbangers working for me.(best way i could think of to pump them for info)they all said,that they would watch the house to see when they ate supper.they would hit then,they figured everyone was @ the table.(not in the bedroom or room with guns). they said that most people didn't lock there doors @ this time. so if you live,in this enviroment locking doors might be a good plan also.but then that was 25 years ago.

My doors are always locked. If I happen to find that someone has left a door unlocked, it's a punishable offense.

The best safeguards for your slumber time are layered noise alerts. House alarm & a dog.

Good replies everyone, it's good to think across scenarious.

Most vulnerable; in a crowd.

When a crowd spooks it becomes a free for all. You can't stop it or control it. No one is rational and become as scared sheep breaking ranks when running from the wolf. I really don't like large gatherings of people anyways, it's even worse when they panic or get excited ( rock concert, mobbing the field after a big game, going after the last ****** pokemon before Christmas, etc...)

Most vulnerable; in a crowd.

When a crowd spooks it becomes a free for all. You can't stop it or control it. No one is rational and become as scared sheep breaking ranks when running from the wolf. I really don't like large gatherings of people anyways, it's even worse when they panic or get excited ( rock concert, mobbing the field after a big game, going after the last ****** pokemon before Christmas, etc...)

Good post, sir. My personal idea of hell is me and 50000 of my closest friends in a sports stadium. To the best of my ability I am NEVER in a crowd. All it takes is for one person to panic and the crowd becomes a mod and that can get you very dead, very quickly even if nothing is wrong.

Swimming. More exposed than the bathroom, except the shower, as I've got my EDC in the can. The Detroit Municipal building, I got through the TSA like check point fine after I 'pulled my teeth' but they still gave my flashlight, surefire lx2, the hairy eyeball. The 60 yo woman behind me was not as lucky, she had nail clippers, tweezers, and a tiny pencil sharpener.

tweezers....man....

JohnM1911,

Yeah, the Federal Reservation crap really frosts me but since it is a Federal Offense and given Holder's Justice Department it isn't worth the risk. If you go there often could you get a storage shed of some kind? I get nervous over the 15 min. from home to work. Two hours each way would drive me nuts.

I have thought about it, but luckily I'm not down there that often. I've also considered parking off base and walking on, but I struck that idea down too. I've usually got a fixed blade and 2 folders on me, so hopefully that's enough. I don't stop anywhere except maybe a drive through for lunch, to cut down on chances of something happening.

They taught us in the police acedemy to always sit at the back of the resturant, always lock your home doors no matter what time of day, never go to the mall unless it is at dead time hours, never carry anything in your hand on the side that you carry your gun on, never pull up so close to the car in front of you at a red light that you can't turn and pull away, determine which hand people are when ever you talk to them (you can tell by where they carry their wallets and such), always wear a hat to throw in someone else face if they charge you and a million other things.

I can usally spot a cop that went through my police acedemy by the way he carries himself out in public. It's funny cause I have been out for 10 years now and if one of the instructors catches you preforming bad OpSec in public they will sneak up on you and exploit you.

I had one get the drop on me at a Wal-Mart last year, he came up from behind me and I was holding my wifes hand. He reached in and grabbed my gun in it's holster. By the time i broke away from her he had let go and moved out of my swing area. I saw him right away and knew I had been had. We talked for a few mintues about things and I walked away pissed at myself because I knew he could have killed me if he was a bad guy.

The good thing about beign a cop is that Homeland Security passed a law awhile back giving us the right to carry anywhere in the USA and that includes airliners. All you have to do is call the airline and they will hook you up. I have carried 3 times over the last two years on Southwest. Twice they had me sit with the air marshal which was pretty cool we traded stories and I learned alot about defending an airliner.

I have thought about it, but luckily I'm not down there that often. I've also considered parking off base and walking on, but I struck that idea down too. I've usually got a fixed blade and 2 folders on me, so hopefully that's enough. I don't stop anywhere except maybe a drive through for lunch, to cut down on chances of something happening.

The other thought that came to me is to rent a car for the day - there is probably a car rental near the base, drive to that, pick up your rental, go to your car and "check the trunk, leaving your weapon there" and then go on base. Repeat in reverse order leaving. Probably under $30 for the day, depending on rental rates. Of course that is paranoid on my part, you are probably quite safe as you are. I guess it is all on your comfort level.

Carbon fiber and poly carbonate plastic MAN

sometimes you got to make your own rules and your own weapons serrated works best for plastic and fiber

and a wood sling shot and marbles an umbrella sharpened Ferrell a cane these Items can not be seen unless

you are x-rayed and even then these others are innocuous and can be left at work.