Sign in to follow this  
Guest kevin

what do you watch

Guest kevin

Tonight is the first show of 'dooms day preppers'. i'm interested to see how they present it. that made me wonder what are my fellow preppers are watching. give me your top 3

1. best show on tv

2. best survival show

3. favorite show EVER.

I don't know about 1 and 3 but for me 2 is Survivorman with Dual Survival a close second. I like Les Stroud because he does everything himself (even the camera work). You can tell it's legitimate when he gets irritated when he's trying to do his various tasks.

I caught an episode of Doomsday Preppers tonight. Nat Geo really made preppers look kind of crazy. I'll keep watching though. Maybe it'll get better.

As for my favorite shows.....

1) best show on Tv? No clue at all. I don't watch enough to know? Maybe Good Eats.

2) i get a kick out of Survival Man and enjoyed what I saw of Dual Survival. Watching Dave get frustrated with Cody is always fun.

3) MASH, Magnum P.I., and the new Battlestar Galactica are all pretty good. Don't care for much of the new stuff.

Dont have cable anymore, but:

1. Psych, pay attention but relaxing.

2. The Colony, it always had me yelling at the screen.

3. The Dukes of Hazzard, and Boston Legal. Unrealistic but always fun.

Last night was crazy because I wanted to watch Doomsday Preppers, and The River started at the same time which seems like it might be pretty good - but I had to record both of those to watch The Biggest Loser. :) Hubby and I are creatures of habit and that is just what we watch on Tuesdays. LOL. Other than that - I look forward to The Walking Dead, Survivor and Alcatraz.

I recorded 'dooms day' to watch later; from what little I saw, it was OK. Same format as last year - what are you doing, what our experts think about it. I was a tad disappointed in the little bit I saw. "Share my preps with the MZB and poison them or stab them in their sleep"? REALLY? Like I said, only saw a short clip but I don't hold great expectations.

#1 - 'The Big Bang Theory' - OK, not a survival show (but the lead, Sheldon Cooper, is a prepper; it figures in several episodes) but I laugh myself sick watching it. My wife looks at me and says things like, 'My God, I'm married to one of them!" About a group of genius PhD and one Master degree (always pointedly addressed as 'Mister' when everyone else is addressed as Doctor) geeks trying to live 'normal lives' in California. If you were ever a geek, you'll appreciate the humor. If you weren't, you'll appreciate the waitress next door trying to get along with these clowns.

#2 - This is tough. Survivorman or Dual Survival and I'm just not sure. It changes from day to day. I think it's Survivorman but it is so close I could change in a heartbeat.

#3 - Probably 'Jericho'. I didn't like the Colony because THEY were the MZB as well. They got away with too much that should have gotten them killed, they built an 'eye in the sky' for crying out loud! Didn't like it. Jericho had the right mix of luck, skill and small town pulling together to get things done and when they did it wrong, people died. A lot of truth there; including be careful how far you trust the government. Besides I loved the fighter jock's line:"I hope you're carrying something important because I think I just declared war on Cheyenne." Classic.

Edited by Capt Bart

Guest kevin

i havent started watching the big bang yet but i hear it is a gem. dual survival is great( wtf was dave doing cutting himself and then black power searing it? he could just give instructions) but les will always be my favorite. hey he was the first. guess ill have to net flix jericho as well. never did give my three. here goes:

1.justified

2. survivor man

3. firefly

Football. College and NFL.

Jerico was great and getting cancelled despite the outcry for more episodes, sucked

And I gotta go along with some others, The Big Bang Theory is hysterical.

3 of my favorite (fictional) survival themed shows -

1.Jericho - it seemed to address human nature and how we might react in such a situation, I think it would have been on longer if they would have skipped the whole "secret agent with the nuke in his shed", and just stuck to the survival aspect of the show.

2.The Walking Dead - I know it is pretty far out there, as far as being possible, but it addresses alot of the problems survivors would encounter in the aftermath of a pandemic, I don't know, I just like it.

3.I don't know, I'm suddenly drawing a blank....hey maybe...? Gilligan's Island?

3 of my favorite (fictional) survival themed shows -

1.Jericho - it seemed to address human nature and how we might react in such a situation, I think it would have been on longer if they would have skipped the whole "secret agent with the nuke in his shed", and just stuck to the survival aspect of the show.

2.The Walking Dead - I know it is pretty far out there, as far as being possible, but it addresses alot of the problems survivors would encounter in the aftermath of a pandemic, I don't know, I just like it.

3.I don't know, I'm suddenly drawing a blank....hey maybe...? Gilligan's Island?

Sorry, I got 1 and 2 switched around.

16 replies and no-ones mentioned Lost? I don’t watch TV but every time I’d buy a season of Lost I’d just plan on not getting anything done for about 3 days, lol.

1. I’m kinda out of the loop now but Scrubs used to be good.

2. Survivorman – Les was trained in part by a teacher and friend of mine so I may be a bit biased but he’s the real deal. I like that he shows failure as well as success. You can actually learn something from his show.

3. Lost – Such a great show! And Jericho was great while it lasted.

16 replies and no-ones mentioned Lost? I don’t watch TV but every time I’d buy a season of Lost I’d just plan on not getting anything done for about 3 days, lol.

1. I’m kinda out of the loop now but Scrubs used to be good.

2. Survivorman – Les was trained in part by a teacher and friend of mine so I may be a bit biased but he’s the real deal. I like that he shows failure as well as success. You can actually learn something from his show.

3. Lost – Such a great show! And Jericho was great while it lasted.

I want to change my no.3 to Lost!

i havent started watching the big bang yet but i hear it is a gem. dual survival is great( wtf was dave doing cutting himself and then black power searing it? he could just give instructions) but les will always be my favorite. hey he was the first. guess ill have to net flix jericho as well. never did give my three. here goes:

1.justified

2. survivor man

3. firefly

Oh, yeah, Firefly. An interesting study in living on the edge of the rule of law. Also dealing with corrupt law; a touchy topic is what you do if the law is corrupt or just wrong. How far can/should you go is always an interesting discussion. For instance is it wrong to smuggle medicines into a country that is rationing them? It is illegal but is it wrong?

Dave cutting himself may have been decent TV but I thought it was just plain dumb. There was a film crew and a way out, but that was one of the few things I saw them do that I considered just beyond the pale.

Northern Exposure on DVD...

That was pretty good for the first few seasons. I thought it got kinda weird at the end but the conflict between the Eskimo culture, the frontier culture and the New York(?) culture of the doc was interesting.

That was pretty good for the first few seasons. I thought it got kinda weird at the end but the conflict between the Eskimo culture, the frontier culture and the New York(?) culture of the doc was interesting.
only have first two seasons i find them entertaining and really funny ive probly watched them 3 if not 4 times...

Guest kevin
only have first two seasons i find them entertaining and really funny ive probly watched them 3 if not 4 times...

i agree with you. the old bar tender guy (can't remember his name,....getting old) who's married to shelly is classic.