Sign in to follow this  
inkspotdw

dooms day prepers tonight

Mr.Wayne and his cousin will definately be going to jail, to stand there and say something is illegal and then do it on T.V. is just plain &%$#@ stupid! I bet the producers from the show were just eggin them on.

The part where the guy was selling his bike to prep was good,I have had the same Harley for 18 years,I couldn't think of selling it now ,they were really commited to the cause, I did not realize those shipping containers cost $4400!

I felt bad for the last guys wife, she seemed pretty loyal to him though.

Oh I am sure they were egging it all on. The ratings it is all about the ratings I would expect this kind of crap from most of the other networks but not from Natgeo how far they have fallen. My second peave is where are they finding these people there is prepping and survival but most of us are prepparing within reason. bibleguns, you brought up that last clown who is destroying his marriage and family as well as he stated his children could become a liability to him. What is the point of prepping or your life if it isn't for the future generation. I have to say I am seriously disturbed by the direction the show has gone and even more so that it is actually having people start to prep it makes me wonder what kind of people they are and how realistic their preparedness is my biggest fear is a bunch of dangerous morons who buy guns and junk as well as making improvised explosives, who's kids die because of said improvised explosives or disease, malnutrition,or any number of other things because they are taking this show as gospel or preppering exclusively for one Doomsday scenario whith out realizing that you start with the basics. For all of you just startimg out there is a nearly inexaustable list of crap that can happen but there are events that accure very regularly floods, tornado's, blizzards, hurricanes and wild fires prepare for those first then just add to it start with a 72 hour bag thats easily mobile then a mobile 7 day kit then add defense then add a 7 day bug in kit ect. ect.

Edited by warrior7r

For those who did not catch it. A not so inteligent individual calling himself Mister Wayne demonstrates what you need to build a pipe bomb then how to make a pipe bomb then detonates it all on national television all the while nat geo's voice box talking about how it is a federal crime to do precisely that. Then to prove his utter lack of intelligence he shows where on his land he is placing them and his fields of fire. So dangerous and stupid.

Probably got some sort of loophole in that the filming is a "dramatization"

I thought the same thing about the moonshiners show where the guys are looking for the ABC agents while the other is canning his product.

Guest kevin

fluff?....redundant fodder?......childishly simplistic garbage?....CRAP?....

answer........still beats dancing with the stars(aka any crap talent show) and you MIGHT i repeat MIGHT just find a nugget you can use. .....true enough so far its been more what not to do.....but hey i do wanna build a methane generater......oh wait, i already have a septic tank......ok its all crap.

Oh I am sure they were egging it all on. The ratings it is all about the ratings I would expect this kind of crap from most of the other networks but not from Natgeo how far they have fallen. My second peave is where are they finding these people there is prepping and survival but most of us are prepparing within reason. bibleguns, you brought up that last clown who is destroying his marriage and family as well as he stated his children could become a liability to him. What is the point of prepping or your life if it isn't for the future generation. I have to say I am seriously disturbed by the direction the show has gone and even more so that it is actually having people start to prep it makes me wonder what kind of people they are and how realistic their preparedness is my biggest fear is a bunch of dangerous morons who buy guns and junk as well as making improvised explosives, who's kids die because of said improvised explosives or disease, malnutrition,or any number of other things because they are taking this show as gospel or preppering exclusively for one Doomsday scenario whith out realizing that you start with the basics. For all of you just startimg out there is a nearly inexaustable list of crap that can happen but there are events that accure very regularly floods, tornado's, blizzards, hurricanes and wild fires prepare for those first then just add to it start with a 72 hour bag thats easily mobile then a mobile 7 day kit then add defense then add a 7 day bug in kit ect. ect.

You said it bud! But hey, let them be on TV with all thier gear and attitude and address! It'll just give other people in the area a better chance at being incognito. And the dude calling his family a potential liability... WTF!?! THats just cold. SOmeone with a family but thinks like that is probably an egotisical abusive ARSEHOLE that should be thrown to the dogs. i feel sorry for his family, because he obviously doesn't have thier well-being as a fore-thought. My wife, I can't say i trust her with a firearm , simply because she's a bit clutsy. But I wouldn't call her a liability! She still has a keen sense of Urgency and Situational Awareness.

As I have stated before I watch for the rare nugget in the mostly comedic fodder but it also allows you to see the popular perceptions on prepping in the scuttlebut around you about it. But with what I saw last night the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up between Mr. Wayne and the nutcase parading as a father calling them prepper or even survivalist is nauseating to me and there is a nagging feeling there that I get when I am about to get into a firefight I have that gut wrenching pucker factor of 10 going on about the whole thing. Maybe it just paranoia but......

Am I the only one feeling this like we are being baited and set up???

I trust my instincts and I am firmly entrenched in logic I see the logic and the framework and instinctively feel a trap I really do

Warrior7 is correct.

I am of the mind that we are being set up and baited also.

I NO Longer talk to people about preping!!Im staying as grey as I can and keeping my opions to myself in public!Im putting as much food in the garden as I possible can and things that will be easy to can and keep.

It is a gut feeling..ooo Im glad Im not the only one.

Like watching the show mostly for a good laugh althought i sometimes what lunitic assylum they get some of the people from, did hate seeing the guy sell his ride for prepping. but i agree with warrior7 that people should start small 72 hr pack and up from there although i went to a 1week pack to start, im still a newbie prepper and like Navy vet i dont trust my wife with a firearm either but she has a good green thumb.

While I absolutely agree that weapons should not be the prime and overwhelming feature of the forum, defense does play a critical role even in regional and local disasters. Looters, thugs and rapist love a good disaster Katrina and the LA riots bear that out but like I said earlier in the thread you need to grow into your preps that is especially true of weapons you do not go from playing a video games to purchasing an arsenal overnight for any reason you buy a basic weapon get some training and move up and everytime you get a new class of weapon you get more training but all the weapons in the world will not keep you from dehydration, starvation, septisemia from injuries or deadly illness from lack of hygiene. All of these require knowledge training and balance so trying to cut out those discussions on weapons is not feasible but, those that are just starting do need to be taught how to the balance works and to put it all into context.

I have come to the conclusion that it a is government plot. These types of shows are designed to marginalize us. The next step is large yellow "P" 's will be handed out that we have to wear. That makes it easy for the government to then run a confiscation program. After we have been stripped of possessions then we will be asked to take a "shower".

Just one man's warped sense of humor. :rolleyes:

I agree. The show is going some what down hill and while nat geo is able to find these people so you know there out there, its not representative of the majority of us.

I feel there always 2 perspectives people are writing from TSHTF and TEOTWAWKI. While it if pretty clear after you have been here for a while there is easily a decent amount of ambiguity to newbies. To survive most of the disasters you could face the standard 3 gun +22lr arsenal is less help then a well stocked pantry and stored water. Yes there is the need to keep whats your and your kin safe but we don't really reach demands for 3 gun versatility until the disaster has put you pretty deep into your food stocks.

Can wee all agree to steer conversation on the forum away from the Mad Max, fighting for your life, etc type conversation and focus more on regional, localized disasters, or wilderness survival type stuff and shelf the TEOTWAWKI at least until the 2012 crap blows over? That or stick to self reliance aspects. With all the new members were getting I would prefer to kill any anarchist cookbook type stuff or the "we're going to war when TSHTF" conversation just of the premise of keeping the forum focused on survival.

I guess what I am asking is when people ask for advise or feedback it would be beneficial to the mind set of the forum if we were uniform in advocating the well stocked pantry, water, medical supplies/training, basic tools, etc are more important then 10,000 rounds of ammo and a full arsenal.

Very well said. I agree completely.

Watching it tonight like what the guy said in the Deadwood compound episode Dont laugh at me then come knocking on my door when shtf YEP

Hey. If they fist fight over electronics on black Friday then they will kill you for food.

The North Pole is actually moving about 30 miles per year toward's Russia. 2013 should be the Peak of the current Solar Flare cycle. St Malachy predicted 112 Popes and we are on 111. There are a lot of strange indicators in the wind. People are going crazy with fear. The numbers of mass shootings is way up. Will 2013 be the Year of Insanity?

It's always the time to ask, "What more can I do to be prepared?" As one is the "Doomsday Preppers" (S1E9 & 'D.P. Bugged Out' S1E7) - who risked revealing ourselves to encourage our neighbors to wake up and get ready, I ask, "What can I do to alert our communities to the dangers before us?" Every One-More-Person who is prepared is one less we'll have to deal with later.

Since D.P., I've been given the handle "Survivor Jack™". My wife and I are older, we don't mind speaking out publicly even though we realize the target it makes us. IF you know of any Radio, TV or blog Casts where I can get the message out (Survival Preps & Universal 1st Aid Training), Please feel free to contact me. Bless you all!

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• here is the survival coupons codes to get a amazing material of survival struggling 
    • Hey all, This is sort of cool (okay really cool) and maybe some of you have heard about it because it's been plastered over FOX and mentioned by POTUS as well as other conservative-leaning news people (Huckabee, Diamond/Silk, Candace Owens, Mark Levin, etc..) and politicians. #walkaway is a movement based mostly on social media. Started last year, by Brandon Straka (pronounced Strawk - like "straw" with a "k"). He's a former 2016 HRC-voting hair stylist, from NE, now in NYC, homosexual, liberal who began to question the MSM and what he was hearing. He got really frustrated as he began to do his own research. Anyway, after having his own awakening to the lies of MSM he had been following, he began an online testimonial campaign in which former liberals can post their #walkaway stories, written or video. Many are now on the "Trump Train." Many have simply left the Left. Still, others have always been non-Left and are members in support. The amazing thing is how many different people from all walks of life are beginning to wake up. Lots are not conservative on all issues, but all have a love for the USA and dislike the demonization of open political and social thinkers and speakers. This group gives solace to people scared to voice their conservative opinions or views for fear of negative professional or personal responses. It now has budding smaller groups in all 50 states and an online discussion group where people discuss current topics or issues (WITH no vitriol, gasp).  Here's the original video from Brandon.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk This man, Brandon has a unique, stylish, well-articulated voice to help move people "in hiding" out into the open and not be silenced. Pretty much any video Brandon does is great. Here is the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALwalkawaycampaign/ As I see fights erupt online, I simply leave #walkaway in the comments. Brandon has a goal of 1 million members! The liberal media has called this campaign "Russian Bots" and "paid actors." It's not!!!        
    • thanks to all who  have served or are serving our great country....243 years in the making....   Trump did a good job today thanking each branch of our military and a long time coming salute to the coast guard too....
    • I can imagine food prices going up this Fall or Winter. Corn is used for live stock feed, & us humans consume a lot of corn based products, as well as corn based biofuel. I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the mid-west of America, which is flooded by water. Where corn  & other crops are normally grown there. Farmers are quite worried about this years growing season. Time to stock up on extra food if you can, if you haven’t already. Stack it high, stack it deep. Store the foods that you normally eat. What ever the  amount of food you’ve stored,  try to double it if possible. Better extra safe, than sorry.