Sign in to follow this  
inkspotdw

dooms day prepers tonight

Guest kevin

nat geo did down play the odds of each of the shtf possibilities those preppers were expecting and nat geo is probably right. i'm not prepping for any ONE thing. that narrows my adaptability. i dont have a clue what is coming, but i feel SOMETHING in the air, and hey if im wrong who am i hurting. i just dont see how being prepped for anything is a bad idea. fema even suggests having 3 days worth of prep in a bug out bag, we have seen how slow they are to respond with a small scale disaster, instead of wait for fema to come to our rescue we feel we can fend for our selves better.

I agree Kevin... they did down play the odds alot... my 2 cents says the imminent crisis is an Israel/Iran conflict which will bring about the oil situation. NatGeo was quick to point out about our oil reserves.. But since we would most likely be pulled into the war... The oil reserves would first be allocated to the military. 8 dollar gas will shut down the trucking industry alot. Which will leave us with gas AND food shortages. Hello Chaos.

Guest kevin

thats a good 2 cents id say. it wouldnt take anything too serious to start the dominos falling. when all things are inter connected (think the phrase is globalization) then if one thing becomes weak it weakens the rest. how many things are going on to weaken the governments of the world? with the currency? energy? food? water? population 7,000,000,000. ......its not when is it going to happen that i question, its why hasn't happened yet. my thanks to God it hasn't, my prayers it does not, my God given right to prepare how ever i see fit.

Just got both episodes watched off the DVR. It's like any TV show and targets the most extreme individuals on each end of the spectrum to get shock value and ratings. Still there are worse shows, and the people they showed didn't come off like total idiots as in most reality shows. I don't completely agree with anything I saw but every situation is different, and my preps aren't as advanced as most of theirs. I personally don't see any of them being able to defend their food stores especially after the show that gave their location. With the possible exception of the first family, none of the places looked defensible at all. That's my biggest fear of my location and something I'm working on. The greatest pantry in the world does not good if you lose it or die defending it.

I also thought it interesting that they had percentage odds for most of the situations, but then said that "most economists" don't believe that the financial collapse is going to happen within 25yrs. They also said 51% of americans believe it will. Doesn't sound like anyone is to confident in our dollar supporting our infrastructure. I agree, I feel that our spending is out of line, and to many US citizens feel like they are entitled to a living and don't need to earn one. The rest of us can only support that for so long before something breaks.

This show is a jinx for those on it.

So far, the rather robust gentleman in Tennessee was declared mentally incompetant, and all his weapons were removed.

Then last night a fellow was out in the desert with his two sons getting in some shooting practice and blew off a rather large portion (entire middle section) of his thumb.

Find it interesting to watch so far...I've just wached the first episode so far but I've already realized I've got a lot to learn. We had a power outage that lasted a week and that triggered me into starting to look into being more prepared...glad I found this site

This show is a jinx for those on it.

So far, the rather robust gentleman in Tennessee was declared mentally incompetant, and all his weapons were removed.

Then last night a fellow was out in the desert with his two sons getting in some shooting practice and blew off a rather large portion (entire middle section) of his thumb.

I know! how the hell do you put your flesh over a loaded barrel like that, really .

well i watched and over all i enjoyed the show. even found a few nuggets of prepping i can use. i am so f-ing jealous of the first couples shipping container set out i can't stand it......or afford it. a few loons in the show(as every where) and some good law abiding folks who are doing what the feel is best for them and theirs. hope that the new england couple isnt just prepping for someone else who does have a gun. the if they show up we will feed them and hope they move along" tactic isnt very sound. when the news gets out about the "free food" how many a day do you think will show up? how many would chose to leave and try to tuff it out on their own again? you can feed the world threw a new england winter

That couple should rethink their strategy. We already have a system like that. It is called WELFARE and we all know how that is working out..... and they want to do some of the same in an environment such as that? Incredible!!!! I can see maybe using the food to lure the others in and then.... But to hope that the others will just move away. Maybe my religion is broken but I can not dig that deep. Hell, that is how i got my last two dogs and one of my ex-wives. What is wrong with people and/or maybe with me? Correct me if I am wrong. I don't put walkers in the barn!!!

Really? The guy shoots off his thumb on camera? Does he know which end of the tube the round comes out of? He would be the one to look down the bbl. of an 81mm as he dropped the round in.

Well now, where would that guy be if he did not have a camera crew to do first aid and medivac him to the hospital to re construct his thumb. In a survival situation he would have been toast. Under those circumstances at best he would have lost that thumb, and that was not even a firefight. Was he prepared?

Edited by VIS 9

Really? The guy shoots off his thumb on camera? Does he know which end of the tube the round comes out of? He would be the one to look down the bbl. of an 81mm as he dropped the round in.

Well now, where would that guy be if he did not have a camera crew to do first aid and medivac him to the hospital to re construct his thumb. In a survival situation he would have been toast. Under those circumstances at best he would have lost that thumb, and that was not even a firefight. Was he prepared?

I think it was a statement. The truly prepared don't need thumbs.

I hope that in his prepping he includes a very well stocked first aid kit and most importantly, the medical knowledge to be able to use it. Band-aids would not have cured that. We can all stock up on medical kits but we forget to learn, sometimes, how to use our tools.

Let me tell ya something, the retired truck driver from Nashville, Tn, don't let that give you guy/gals a bad impression on the rest of us Tennesseeians, some of us is a lot smarter and in much better shape than he is. When I saw him in his shorts, t-shirt, hiking boots and kavalar on dancing around with his assualt rifle, I thought oh well here goes tennessee's reputation right down the drain. But trust me guys/gals we are all not like that. I just wanted you all to know that.

And for the guy that shot his thumb off...well all I can to that, is some of the money he is using to prep with, maybe he should take some of it and attend a firearms safety class. Just think what would have happened if that would have been a large caliber weapon and he was there alone with his 2 boy's, and do I think he was prepared, No he was not.

My biggest question is, where are these people getting their money from to spend 60 grand or more to prep with, I would love to know there secret and It's my goal someday to prep full time

Let me tell ya something, the retired truck driver from Nashville, Tn, don't let that give you guy/gals a bad impression on the rest of us Tennesseeians, some of us is a lot smarter and in much better shape than he is. When I saw him in his shorts, t-shirt, hiking boots and kavalar on dancing around with his assualt rifle, I thought oh well here goes tennessee's reputation right down the drain. But trust me guys/gals we are all not like that. I just wanted you all to know that.

And for the guy that shot his thumb off...well all I can to that, is some of the money he is using to prep with, maybe he should take some of it and attend a firearms safety class. Just think what would have happened if that would have been a large caliber weapon and he was there alone with his 2 boy's, and do I think he was prepared, No he was not.

My biggest question is, where are these people getting their money from to spend 60 grand or more to prep with, I would love to know there secret and It's my goal someday to prep full time

Firearms safety class is a great idea, but sadly it doesn't cure stupid. Don't worry about Tennessee's rep, without your whiskey this country would be a very dull place.

And I hear ya, I want to know where this money tree they found is.

These clowns are on national TV showing off and telling thier plans. What happened to "being the grey man"? The family stocking up on booze as a barter item plain told the cashier why they were buying so much. AS far as the guy shooting his thumb off why in the h#ll would you have your thumb over the muzzle to start with. "You can't fix stupid, here's your sign, and you might be a redneck" all rolled into one. And yes i want to know where that money tree is growing too would love to be a full time prepper.

Ok I'm done ranting and raving sorry guys

A have a theroy on the money tree thing. I think that these people have let prepping overwhelm thier life. I bet they have maxed out thier credit cards prepping with the thought that the SHTF event will happen before they have to pay it back.

A friend of mine just started prepping about 6 months ago and everyday he would call to talk about his preps and stuff, he is so convinced that the economy is going to crash tomorrow that once he started prepping he let himself become overwhelmed with fear and he started buying everything he could beacuse he felt like he was in a race with the clock. He truly paniced and let his fear overcome him. He told me last month that he had put $15,000 on his Visa card prepping.

The problem is I dont think a prepper is ever done prepping so how long can he keep burying himself like that. I tried to tell him that finacal security (ie. having no debt) is the number one priority in prepping (at least I think so, am I wrong there?)

Guest survival101

Nobody should put their preps on their cc, IMHO. Listed some ideas to think about where the money comes from in a healthy prepper situation on the other thread. Just IMHO.

Nobody should put their preps on their cc, IMHO. Listed some ideas to think about where the money comes from in a healthy prepper situation on the other thread. Just IMHO.

no matter how bad shtf - taxes and creditors. wont go away.

ive been "closet" prepping for 5 years. each week i get a little of this and that, never more than 50-100 bucks. and certainly not on credit card. if you save a little at a time, it builds up. yes i have the urge to go out and buy everything, but i know what priorities are. some need to think things through a bit more. i would love to have the cash to drop on a missile silo, and outfit it in style for teotwawki but hey, at the end of the day there are still bills to pay, and mouths to feed. ive done shtf before. dont wanna go back there. but living in fear gets me nowhere. some of these people need to walk a mile in my shoes. try being pregnant and homeless, jobless and living in the woods with a four year old. that is hell. maybe they should do a show called trading preppers where they trade places with another prepper and try to actually live off the resources they get handed.

Guest kevin

we have been prepping goods for seven years. skills for a life time( thanks mom and dad) and your right jessie a little bit at a time does add up, our prep goals as far as goods is nearing completion. the skills of course go on and on. we dont prep for any one thing like they do on tv. the odds of each shtf possibility are low.....but there are so many possibilities, odds start growing with each added danger.

Edited by kevin

I watch that show and just shake my head. Even the folks who have good preps show a distinct lack of intellect by posting their faces on cable television for everyone to see and outlining what all they have done in the name of prepping.

One episode, there were a couple of guys who had gone in together and, along with their families, were sharing a farm. The guy shows all these tripwires he had set up and that he had all these caches. The guy was even careful to ask that they not show anything but the cache so it would be difficult to find. He understood OPSEC...and here he is on television. Does he think that he wouldn't be recognized?

Every now and then, someone takes a bullet for us all by going public to talk about prepping. They discuss the need to do it, what is required, all those things. They all run a risk if they put their faces out there of being compromised. These people though, they know they're not going to be prepping spokespeople. They're just on one episode, and that makes me question their intelligence.

The need to be famous is more important to some folks than it is to be safe and secure apparently.

Last night was the 1st time I brought myself to watch the show, and, ummm, wow?

I saw a few good ideas out there, but overall, about 2 hours was all I could stomach.

The lady and her husband with 7 YEARS of food stored?!?! Her quote, "when the SHTF, I'll be the only one who needs to loose 100 pounds" NEWSFLASH! You need to loose 100 # NOW.

The lady and her neighbors that are "relying on the good nature of people" and the guy w/ them who thinks he'll be able to slit the marauders throats while they sleep. I appreciate her "moral objections" to firearms, because her house will be the 1st place to go for easy food.

And lets not get into "Mrs. Clean" and her Utah sanitarium.....

Overall I think the show gives preppers a bad name and trivializes the need to get your stuff together before whatever may come. I doubt I'll be watching next Tuesdays new episodes, but then again, Nat Geo is doing all my easy target recon for me, soooooo. LOL (Just kiddin there folks)

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information.

• here is the survival coupons codes to get a amazing material of survival struggling 
    • Hey all, This is sort of cool (okay really cool) and maybe some of you have heard about it because it's been plastered over FOX and mentioned by POTUS as well as other conservative-leaning news people (Huckabee, Diamond/Silk, Candace Owens, Mark Levin, etc..) and politicians. #walkaway is a movement based mostly on social media. Started last year, by Brandon Straka (pronounced Strawk - like "straw" with a "k"). He's a former 2016 HRC-voting hair stylist, from NE, now in NYC, homosexual, liberal who began to question the MSM and what he was hearing. He got really frustrated as he began to do his own research. Anyway, after having his own awakening to the lies of MSM he had been following, he began an online testimonial campaign in which former liberals can post their #walkaway stories, written or video. Many are now on the "Trump Train." Many have simply left the Left. Still, others have always been non-Left and are members in support. The amazing thing is how many different people from all walks of life are beginning to wake up. Lots are not conservative on all issues, but all have a love for the USA and dislike the demonization of open political and social thinkers and speakers. This group gives solace to people scared to voice their conservative opinions or views for fear of negative professional or personal responses. It now has budding smaller groups in all 50 states and an online discussion group where people discuss current topics or issues (WITH no vitriol, gasp).  Here's the original video from Brandon.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk This man, Brandon has a unique, stylish, well-articulated voice to help move people "in hiding" out into the open and not be silenced. Pretty much any video Brandon does is great. Here is the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALwalkawaycampaign/ As I see fights erupt online, I simply leave #walkaway in the comments. Brandon has a goal of 1 million members! The liberal media has called this campaign "Russian Bots" and "paid actors." It's not!!!        
    • thanks to all who  have served or are serving our great country....243 years in the making....   Trump did a good job today thanking each branch of our military and a long time coming salute to the coast guard too....
    • I can imagine food prices going up this Fall or Winter. Corn is used for live stock feed, & us humans consume a lot of corn based products, as well as corn based biofuel. I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the mid-west of America, which is flooded by water. Where corn  & other crops are normally grown there. Farmers are quite worried about this years growing season. Time to stock up on extra food if you can, if you haven’t already. Stack it high, stack it deep. Store the foods that you normally eat. What ever the  amount of food you’ve stored,  try to double it if possible. Better extra safe, than sorry.