Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Bushcraft USA

A site 101matt found for a book he recommended but they have hundreds of downloads, from bush medicine, to how to cure your game animal after harvesting, to basic woodcraft, through advanced. Plus reviews on firearms, ballistics, etc.

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/downloads.php?

I am not sure if anyone else posted it on a thread, but it is free to join and offers another location to gather knowledge on much needed skills. Plus it has the 1910-1920's Boy Scout manuals for download.... free.

I have two questions.

1. Does this site allow the 2 free downloads without joining?

2. Is it wise once downloading any e-files such as these to print them out instead of keeping them on an e-reader or whatever?

I ask the second question because I was thinking, what happens if SHTF actually does happen, the battery on my iPad 2 only lasts for so long and no grid means no recharge which means no way to access potentially helpful files in times you may need them.

Jace, you will have to join; it is free tho. I personally am printing hard copies, but others have solar chargers and such to recharge their electronics. One thing about a pdf file, you can print only those pages you want a hard copy of. I've actually been getting 3 downloads a day lately. I think it goes by the size of the files.

Yeah. I've been considering making a "survival/tactical binder" for a bit now filled with anything and everything I can find online that can be printed and separate it all in category's. Only thing preventing me from doing so is the thought of the amount of paper I'm about to use lol.

Yeah. I've been considering making a "survival/tactical binder" for a bit now filled with anything and everything I can find online that can be printed and separate it all in category's. Only thing preventing me from doing so is the thought of the amount of paper I'm about to use lol.

I posted the same thing on CCSir's thread on his link for free downloads. It has a TON of info and covers a huge amount of topics. I hope to get a bulk discount from Staples...lol. My wife is going to kill me.