Sign in to follow this  
John

Interesting Reading-Guns Magazine-March 2012-Odd Angry Shot

Doing my usual weekend horde of reading I ran across an interesting column in the March issue of Guns Magazine written by John Connor. Hmmm, isn't that the guy from.....naw.

Especially for folks just now considering some philosophical reasons why they should join the "prepper" movement, Connor has some good precautionary thoughts on how to approach the situation and why. He has some good thoughts on buying cautously and not always the heavily marketed "package" deals.

Connor makes an interesting statement about "wise sharing creates allies." There is room there for plenty of discussion pro and con. Good allies are certainly worthy to have around. He also makes a good point about practicing with our gear to build confidence in its use especially under stress.

Anyway, thought I would share this. Good reading and good prepping. Oh, National Geographic TV is running the first issue of "Preppers" this Tuesday night. Could be interesting, but can't really imagine anyone wanting to expose themselves like that. Hope it is not a fake show like the Moonshiners.....

John,

thanks for the heads up. It is available on line as well although I don't have the link at hand. Connor is one of the big reasons I subscribe to the Guns and American Handgunner. Both have good stuff (I like Tappan and Connor). Connor wrote the piece on "why I carry" about Little Lizzy. If you haven't read it, you should. It is priceless and for the sheeple who won't understand, it is the last, best hope of making them see something of the truth. http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/10198-why-do-you-carry-gun-john-connor-guncrankdiaries.html

Odd Angry Shot and Gun Crank Diaries are both spot on 99.999% of the time.

Always good to keep an open mind and read all kinds of sources. Guns and Amer. Handgunner don't seem to be as prone to give 100% evaluations because of advertising. Plenty of other gun magazines do that. If you read an article on a gun or other product and then find an ad nearby a couple pages, then recognize a potential red flag. Connor is usually a good read. Makes me curious who he really is?