Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

military blanket.

If its 100% wool don't wash it will shrink I do know that. Mom used a brush of some kind on hers. otherwise she took them to the dry cleaners. That's all I can remember about taking care of them. OH don't take one outside and use as a tent you get your azz beat for that one.:rolleyes:

It funny that collectively we could found a small village, hold out against the zombie apocalypse and navigate a harsh wilderness with our combined knowledge and resources but were not quite sure how to wash wool blankets.

OMG! dude that just wasnt right. now i have to explain to the g.friend why her laptop has mountaindew in the key board. thats to damn funny right there.

Hey Rick speaking with 26 years of service with the Army, when it came time to wash those blankets, we just threw them in the washer with some soap powers and then made a clothsline from locker to locker and let them dry at room tempture....thats how I always done it

Ok ricks I called the sarge (my sister, 19 yrs. older than me can bark orders like a DI) on this one for ya. Machine wash cold, use mild detergent (baby shampoo works best). To dry either lay flat, hang over double clothes line. You can use the dryer on air only no heat suggests you run it through a second spin cycle if you do.

note; It was one of her blankets i used for the tent and YES she did the azz beating.

awake

My dad had a saying " an impression on the backside leaves an everlasting impression in the mind". Funny thing is he was right.

talking with co workers the other day about childhood whoopings (southern slang for azz beating). One guy told us that he had knocked his brother out cold with a brick. His dad told him to go to his room and pray to Jesus. 30 minutes late which seems like hours he heard he dads walking on the steps and a clunk clung as dad drug the belt buckle up after him. He said that sound is still in his head 50 years later.

Ok ricks I called the sarge (my sister, 19 yrs. older than me can bark orders like a DI) on this one for ya. Machine wash cold, use mild detergent (baby shampoo works best). To dry either lay flat, hang over double clothes line. You can use the dryer on air only no heat suggests you run it through a second spin cycle if you do.

note; It was one of her blankets i used for the tent and YES she did the azz beating.

lol tell sis i said thank you and i promise to not use mine as a tent. nothing like taken a azz whoopin from a strange woman not really ever knowing if you diserved it or not. (yep been there recieved that lol)

LOL... well I doubt Rick can complain; Lord knows we've hi jacked our share.

oh yeah ive hijacked. i dont even realize ive done it until ive OVER DONE IT lol. but i have set a record here on this very forum..........

i hi-jack one of my own posts talking about another post of my own........that i hi jacked over there. now im not sure if that can be beat or not, but i know i set the record. lol

now i'll probably get PM's with promises to jack-slab the jaw-jacker who's hi jacking lol

Edited by ricksconnected

"if the post your reading contains these two creatures of habit chances are the post will be hi-jack at some point AFTER HOURS". if they have managed to "acquire" a 3 party for their little after hours

shenanigans, dont worry it usually only lasts a few pages and then its back to the topic at hand.

if we should ban them for a week that would make us politically correct.

"and we aint politically correc". (in your best speedy gonzales voice)