Sign in to follow this  
101matt

SHEMAGH..Ok so Talk to me about these before summer gets here...

SHEMAGH

Please somebody tell me about the advantages or disadvantages of having one.

I have looked and there are many for sale on the net but dont mind spending a bit on them.I could use it for Bow hunting also instead of wearing my Black Baret.

...thanks

Basically, it's an oversized hankie designed to be worn as a head cover. Beyond that, I'd sound like Billy Mayes talking about oxiclean. It works as improvised sunscreen, a barrier against cold, small windstorm debris shield, wet it to keep you cooler, over the nose and mouth to filter out larger particulates. The boy in the military use them in the sandbox, face camouflage (with outline breakup) without the messy cleanup afterwards. A decorative end table cover! A spare diaper! And if you order now, you'll get access to a free YouTube video to show you how to tie it along with many other uses...

Sorry, got excited. They're nifty, if you have other head/face coverings I wouldn't consider it a priority. If you need something to fill that requirement, there are worse ways to go. :)

Get one! They're cheap on amazon.

If you don't know what to do with it. Look up the article 25 uses for a bandanna on SC. Its the same thing but probably has even more uses. I carry one in my EDC bag. Although I might take it out and put it in my BOB once I get some dust masks.

There is also an article on SC specifically on the shemagh. I've been considering one instead of a bandana because of its size and multiple uses. Im in the process of gathering gear for a BOB and think it would make a good addition.

I have the olive green and I have one a friend sent me from Egypt. Depends a bit on your environment but they do serve a LOT of uses, especially in desert (even frozen desert!) conditions. Most city dwellers do not realize that the lack of a hat is a life threatening situation in a great many cases. Mine is in my BOB so if I lose my cowboy hat I have something to work with; also makes a great impromptu pack or dust filter if buildings are turning to rubble.

It isn't quite as good as a 'sledge-o-matic' but it has more uses!

You got me at coffe filter!

Ok so Im in ..Thanks..

Oh Rick is that your girlfriend?? very sharp my friend..

I got excited when she said "tube top"..... but she chickened out!

It does look pretty cool! Do they come in manly colors? ;)

they come in more colors and patterns than you will ever have time to look at exit.

if i make any suggestion to you and the rest of this forum thats worth a poo, its this.......

GET A BUFF ladies and gents. to many uses to not be in your GHB or back pocket.

okay guys, lets try and take it easy on my wallet, I've only been on this sight for maybe a month or two and you guys have showed me some of the coolest things I just HAD to have haha ;) just kidding bring on more cool sh@t, I can always make more money!

I just ordered 2 from Amazon.

Lite weight Tactical desert (folige green)$7.49

Premium Shemagh(green and black)$11.99

I bought 2 different ones to see if there is a quality difference for $4.00.

will review and post..

Again thanks for the help..Oh Rick,you did CYA lol...and you better too..

I just ordered 2 from Amazon.

Lite weight Tactical desert (folige green)$7.49

Premium Shemagh(green and black)$11.99

I bought 2 different ones to see if there is a quality difference for $4.00.

will review and post..

Again thanks for the help..Oh Rick,you did CYA lol...and you better too..

ok so what did you get a shemagh or a buff?

hum.... i might have to send ya a pic them matt. you can be the judge. :D