Sign in to follow this  
Amateur

Inventory Pics???

Does anyone have pics of how they pack their BOB? I know I'm overthinking this, but how do you keep certain supplies together such as med supplies, water filtration, etc??? I know you guys don't just throw everything in the bag. There's got to be some organization to it.

amateur,

that is a hard question to answer as each bag is different in the location, size, and number of compartments. however you have to make it make sense to you i am using the rio grand backpack. you have to keep things in a place that makes sense for you, like what is your quick need items? i keep emergency water pouches, water purification tablets, and water filtration straws in a side pouch with 3 meal replacement bars, i keep a combat tin, multi tool, radio, flashlight, and batteries in another pocket. glow sticks, first aid kit, sunglasses, survival book in another. that just makes sense for me, keeping the things i may need to get quickly on the outside of the bag, then things i can stop and look for later in the bag itself.

I agree with shadow, it is difficult to answer because everyone's bag is different. but my organization is similar to shadow as well. Important things you will need often or qucik are in side pockets where I don't have to dig for them. Clothes are on the bottom followed by things i have mutilpes of, knives tools etc. Then everything else I pack around the outside of the bag like a ring so it isn't stacked and easliy accessible.

oh sorry for the confusion. Yes I do use stuff like that. Inside my BOB I use a small camping fanny pack for various things. Ziploc bags for things I don't want to get wet, well I know we don't want anything to get wet but I'd rather my extra knife get wet than my matches or clothes. An old first aid kit container that I built my own first aid kit after, old pill bottles for lint, things like that.

oh sorry for the confusion. Yes I do use stuff like that. Inside my BOB I use a small camping fanny pack for various things. Ziploc bags for things I don't want to get wet, well I know we don't want anything to get wet but I'd rather my extra knife get wet than my matches or clothes. An old first aid kit container that I built my own first aid kit after, old pill bottles for lint, things like that.

Ok. Thats what I was wondering. I'm just trying to picture it so I know how I want to go about it.

i wouldnt get too much into the container fettish, a few ziplock bags are fine, but remember everything you add adds to the weight you carry.... and you BOB itself should be water repellant so you dont have to worry too much about water getting on the stuff in the bag....

i wouldnt get too much into the container fettish, a few ziplock bags are fine, but remember everything you add adds to the weight you carry.... and you BOB itself should be water repellant so you dont have to worry too much about water getting on the stuff in the bag....

What about spraying it with water repellent?

it as in the bag? i mean.... i would just buy a bag thats already water resistant.... ive never used a spray on a bag so i dunno how that would work with the material.... try it out and see i suppose...

I'm cheap. lol. Yes, spray the bag.

Why dont you by a military style poncho? It will cover you and your pack plus it serves more than one purpose. The bag cover has one specific job and takes upspace in your pack when not in use. Space you can use for more important items. Sometimes we all forget to look for things that have multiple uses.