hey everyone,

I am fairly new to the survival preparation and have just finished my first BOB and was wondering your thoughts on it and if i am missing anything serious. contents include;

1. rio grand backpack

2. military poncho/tent

3. first aid kit

4. combat survival tin ( compass, whistle, candle, fishing kit, waterproof survival instructions, 25 wind & waterproof matches, pencil, sewing kit, multi use flexible wire saw w/split rings (can be used as a bow saw or snare wire), water tablets, safety pins, fire lighting flint and striker and multifunctional knife w/fold out scissor)

5. camp towel

6. survival bag (aka hypothermia bag)

7. 36 hour survival candle

8. folding stove

9. 2 canned heats for stove

10. unbreakable mirror

11. 3 MRE's

12. 6 emergency water puches

13. canteen

14. metal canteen cup

15. 3 packs of water purification tablets ~100 gallons can be purified

16. spork

17. 6 meal replacement bars

18. kobar combat knife

19. bandana

20. mini mag flashlight

21. 6 AA batteries

22. 4 light sticks

23. US army issue survival manual

24. alcohol wipes

25. letherman 12 use multi tool

26. 6 tent stakes

27. crank powered radio

28. 100 feet of para cord

29. gloves

30. 3 emergency blankets

31. sabercut pocket chainsaw

32. Suisse Sport Adult Adventurer Mummy Ultra-Compactable Sleeping Bag

33. 1 emergency water purification straw

final weight with a full canteen is 22.5 lbs, which i am not sure if this is too much or not and i know i need to still add a change of cloths in it still. i am definitely open to suggestions

post-1847-13851497797342_thumb.jpg

Hey that is sure a good start and you have most everything you need...but do you have a map of the area you live in and a map of the area you will BUG OUT to if you have to leave your home...and what about weapons and ammo for hunting and self protection

i am looking at getting the Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 Semi-Auto Rifle, .22 LR, 16" Barrel, H002B. and a walther p99 as a sidearm. and no i do not have a map, any idea as to where i can get topographical maps?

Edited by shadowplyr
spelling error

nice...now this is just my two cents...when i prepare my stuff /buy my stuff i think about how to not stand out, ex. plain color clothes/boots for my BOB and a plain color for my BOB itself(nothing saying hey look at that guy) if sh!t really went down and you come across some other ppl who happened to not be prepared and they see a guy with ropes and canteens and medical kits,etc. i know someone whos genius plan is to do just that(not a friend, i just know him) rob other ppl. ...as far as ur bag goes looking good i mean u will always think of more stuff u may need, and again this was just food for thought on how not to stand out

yeah that sounds good would you please and like you I live in upper east tennessee pretty close to the North Carolina stateline as a matter of fact if I have to use my BOL I can go from there into Marshall NC and never have to get on a main or secondary road..

I have just a average pair of black quicklace combat boots in my BOB wore them for many years before retiring from the army never had a problem with them and they are not that expensive...but this is just my option I would not by the jungle boot and the reason behind that is they have no ankle support and the last thing you need is a hurt ankle and you trying to hump a BOB up a hill or on rough and rocky terrain

gilla,

i did not put in load bearing beaners simply because of the extra weight, i could not think of many things i would use them for that i couldnt just use paracord for. why would you carry them? im honestly curious of the implications.

That is a very good start to your BOB, as you will find as you get more involved in this type of stuff is that your bag is never complete, or at least it seems that way. I held that henry survival rifle once, never shot it, and I personally found it to be uncomfortable to shoulder, but in a survival situation you can't be picky

tinderwolf,

yea i am sure with the butt being that large it is not that comfortable, but it is waterproof, self contained, small, and light, i dont know what else you could ask for in a rifle when you have to carry it constantly