Sign in to follow this  
TCC6310

Enemy Expiration Act

So recently there has been a preposed legislature as pertaining to the governments right to take away anybodies citizenship. If they deem you a terroist or threat to the country, they can strip away your rights of being a citizen. And as we all know, in the NDAA they said that they can detain any person without trial if they are not a citizen (well, we now know that it also pertains to American citizens). So if the EEA does get passed, then I suppose the NDAA will end up taking effect as well, for they can legaly strip your citizenship just for saying something they dont like, and then give you an all expenses paid trip to the lovely Camp FEMA!! Woo hoo!

I better stop saying these things before I lose my citizenship! :P

Since we are at "war" with terrorism, wouldn't the material and military support of the muslim brotherhood, al queda's parent/umbrella organization, be the very thing this bill would encompass? Oh yeah, I forgot they will exempt themselves from any repercussions to the very laws and regulations they pass.

terminate with extreme prejudice - prejudice being the operative word.

sounds to me like boston hasn't had a good party in a while, at least 240 years!!!!

in the same way as the law says innocent until proven (or at least decided by a gang of your peers) guilty, surely the house and the senate see the necessity of "does this bill look right or does it smell so bad, even the flies stay away", are there no set questions to judge a bill, or have they all prostituted themselves to such a point that when it comes to a common sense question - will it work?, who is going to pay for it? (the already overburdened middleclass taxpayer - the rich couldn't care, and the poor don't pay taxes), what happens in the future when my own loyalty to the party / patriotism gets called into question?

I have always heard that money is the root of all evil. They are sure becoming evil.

So... maybe communism isn't crazy after all?

[snorting and laughing]

On a more serious note, the EEA scares the hell out of me. Our rights as citizens provide us with a considerable amount of clout, so to be stripped of that status and detained is... well, terrifying.

What's especially scary is something others have alluded too. The PATRIOT Act is written in such a way that a domestic terrorist is described as anyone who attempts to use intimidation to affect policy change in the United States. However, the term "intimidation" could easily be interpreted to mean "If you don't do what I feel is right, I will work to prevent you from being reelected." The NDAA refers to Al Queda and "associated forces", but there is no definition of those forces. How long until someone decides that "associated forces" really just means anyone who can be defined as a terrorist, and then exercises that power to silence critics?

Now, if the EEA goes through, they can strip citizenship from people making them men and women without nations. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I also don't judge them negatively...because it gets harder and harder to really believe they might be wrong.:o

So... maybe communism isn't crazy after all?

[snorting and laughing]

On a more serious note, the EEA scares the hell out of me. Our rights as citizens provide us with a considerable amount of clout, so to be stripped of that status and detained is... well, terrifying.

Noooo. I was talking about the government, they're the only evil around here. You should know that. People having wealth is just fine.

I know that I am old and forgetful but, even if I was stark raving mad I would still know that the govt. is bad. (both sides)