Sign in to follow this  
The Confederate

oc pepper spray

has anyone checked out pepperspraypistol.com ? i ordered one of these and its freaking awsome. it shoots a cloud of oc 15ft and the best part it is an exact replica of a Glock19. The reloadable cartrige is in the magazine just like a pistol. check this out it is worth the time. watch the video

I bought the Fox Flip Top pepper spray...

http://www.defensedevices.com/fox-labs-flip-top.html

and the adjustable slip-fit holster made by Comp-Tac.com... http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=34&osCsid=ftihg8k8fj7jgsg8gtb2nbktj3

The Fox spray and Comp-Tac holster cost about $50. Not that much savings over the Mace gun. Here a few reviews I checked out before deciding to not buy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0dsBkQiuZs

http://www.familyhomesecurity.com/mace-pepper-spray-gun-features-and-customer-reviews/

http://www.defensedevices.com/mace-video.html

Pepper spray is an escape enabler. Don't trust it to scare someone away. I got sprayed in the army as qualification to carry it, and if he's prepared it gives you a head start. After i got over the initial reaction of flinch, I was able to fight through it, but it made me mad to have to, and therefore, meaner. So spray and run.

It's good stuff, but run away after using.

Frankly, I'm not too much in favor of pepper spray. When I was in the service I actually got to liking it! Tends to be ineffective against druggies or crazies, you can end up spraying yourself if the wind turns, you need a lot of water to decontaminate which may not be available. Also, a gun which is NOT a gun can still get you shot by somebody who thinks it is one! An, like Gilla said, it's guaranteed to piss somebody off!. So, how fast a runner are you? My bad knees, running not happening. Just my .02 worth.

I'm with the other vets on this one. It's shockingly miserable for the first few seconds, but a determined and persistent attacker can fight through it. Riot School used to have a an event as part of your final qual and testing with pepper spray, you got shot in the forehead and had to stay on your feet for three minutes while maintaining control of your baton and shield with four assailants trying to put you on the ground and take your stuff. It was uncomfortable but easily doable.

And any gun look alike is a terrible idea like Femvet said. It can and will get you shot with a real gun.

Use it and run, if you're going to stand and fight have a read weapon.

Pepper or OC Spray is only as good as thw company that made it. Sadly most of the crap on the market today ( in the blister packs at gun stores, gun shows and convenience stores) comes from China. Yes, indeedy it truly does.

After spending most of my professional life in law enforcement in California, I can attest that it doesn,t always "work" as advertised. That can turn an "Aha!"moment, into an "OH, Crap!"moment in a nano-second, then the fight is on. And yes, it rately works on people under the influence of alcohol and/or any controlled substance. I've seen personally several idiot parolees be able to fight through the nasty stuff we were issued as well. Never a good idea to use a "firearm look-alike"' it usually hurts a LOT worse coming out of where the bad guy shoved it, than going in.

Chemical sprays are still a good bargain, provided you do your research, buy quality gear, and remember that it has a shelf life of around a year before it loses a lot of its effectiveness. Yes, it is not always 100% effective, but then again, neither is shooting someone with a gun. And self defense sprays are much cheaper and easier to obtain than a gun (in nearly every state). They are also easier to conceal and carry than a gun. Sprays are also cost effective against animals, compared to guns, and quieter to use in an urban environment - something that might be very important in some scenarios.

Having said that, though, I would be reluctant to buy any self defense spray where "the best part" is that it is an exact replica of a Glock19!

What happens if the other guy has a REAL Glock 19???!!!

A very real possibility in the U.S.

Having said that, I did have to "hose down" an aggressive street beggar in Chicago who grabbed my arm on a dark street one night and I had 2 of these, one in each hand...

post-1995-13851497909363_thumb.jpg.jpg]

I used about half of each container at about 10 feet and the bum stumbled backward, fell over some bushes and dropped a metal bar he had under his coat.

I walked over to Borders books and enjoyed a moche latte.

If you can't carry a real piece, pepper spray is better than nothing.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for a civilian to get a carry permit in IL, especially in Shitcago!

Edited by NightOwl

What happens if the other guy has a REAL Glock 19???!!!

A very real possibility in the U.S.

Having said that, I did have to "hose down" an aggressive street beggar in Chicago who grabbed my arm on a dark street one night and I had 2 of these, one in each hand...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]733[/ATTACH]

I used about half of each container at about 10 feet and the bum stumbled backward, fell over some bushes and dropped a metal bar he had under his coat.

I walked over to Borders books and enjoyed a moche latte.

If you can't carry a real piece, pepper spray is better than nothing.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for a civilian to get a carry permit in IL, especially in Shitcago!

Very much agree wth you on this one sir

i bought 3 cans of UDAP Bear Spray Deterrent, supposed to be 30% stronger and shoot 30% further, keep them in vehicles, if i use one i'll give you a report. they are reported to send grizzly bears down the road, should work for a zombie...

If I am at the point of have to use pepper spray then I m probably already at the point of having to use my firearm anyway, plus like a lot of other vets i went through CS training in both the Marines and getting peppered sprayed when i went through Basic LEO training. after a while you just don't let it bother you and if determined enough it wont have any effect at all except to enrage an already mad attacker

Pepper spray (type with ID dye) and or electonic stunner .... coupled with a screamer beat nothing any day or night. The bad people don't want attention drawn in their direction....#1 reason to yell fire instead of help when in a situation...gets people to looking your way quicker. On that note consider a small fire extinguisher as a deterent and weapon....no one wants that sprayed in their eyes and the bottle can be used as a club.