Sign in to follow this  
Qwertyportne

Scope for Ruger 10-22

This topic has come up a few times but I am still confused about exactly what to buy. The Simmons is recommended alot, and I have an Amazon account so I'm ready to put that in my shopping cart.

It supposedly comes with rings but some guys complain the included rings put the scope up too high. And the Ruger I have has no mount, just the four little screws on the top.

Can somebody give me a heads up on what mount and rings I should buy to mount the Simmons and if Amazon.com has them or not? Thanks for any help coming my way...

Bill

Mine has a Bushnell scope. I'll get it out and get the numbers off if. But it is a click able scope. Clicks at 25, 50, 75, 100 all the way up to 1000 yards. Mine is set up to 100 yards. Anything between 25 and 100 yards doesn't stand a Chance

Hey Bill you could possibily put a rail mount on your Ruger and they can be found on Amazon.com, I bought a scope, ring mounts, tripod and the rail mount all from Amazon.com for my Moslin Nagant. I have a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Style and I have a Nikon scope on it....I must say it shoots very well

Hey Bill you could possibily put a rail mount on your Ruger and they can be found on Amazon.com, I bought a scope, ring mounts, tripod and the rail mount all from Amazon.com for my Moslin Nagant. I have a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Style and I have a Nikon scope on it....I must say it shoots very well

i remember seeing that too. can you list the parts and where you got them. when i get mine i would like to be able to do the same things you did. looks very sweet in my opinion.

and here is what I have in the bi-pod and scope mount...the bipod is a UTG Low Profile Dragon Claw clamp on $23.40 from Amazon.com very easy to install, it just clamps on over the barrel and you tighten it down.....as far as the scope and mount....UAG Mosin Nagant 2-7x32 Long Eye Releif Scope with a New Generastion Weaver Rail Mount with Scope Rings and Lens Cover..again really easy to install...you just pounch out the 2 small pins on the iron sights and replace it with the rail mount everything you need to mount the rail mount and scope is in the kit.....bought from Amazon.com for $49.99. I just fitted my 91/30 with this stuff a few weeks ago and I'm waiting on the weather here to warm up some so I can go and get some range time with it..when I do I will post some pictures of the damage I do...lol.....and you can bet that when the smoke pops that is one weapon that will go with me.....I bought my 91/30 last july when my wife and I was on a camping trip to Seriverville Tennessee I think I gave right around a $109.00 for it tax and all. And like I said before I am surely looking for the carbine model next. Hope this helps you out Rick

If you purchase a new 10/22 recently you should have received a scope mount. It looks like this:

DSC08181.jpg

On top of receiver are four plugs, remove them and using the supplied screws, screw the mount to receiver. see plugs here:

DSC08182.jpg

Yes there is a front and back to the scope mount.

I bought a Tasco 4X15 scope. It is built and marketed for this rifle and comes with scope rings.

DSC08185.jpg

It is a very tight fit for the scope rings to the mount. Do not hammer on it, be patient and it will slide on.

DSC08186.jpg

I believe you can still use the iron sights with this set up. I do not know the Simmons brand or how other scope rings would sit. It does everything I want, at a cost of $15.

My 1022 has a bushnel. Not sure what model- my dad bought it when I was 12. I just picked up a marlin 795 in 22lr and I grabbed a barska plinker 22 3-9x32 scope. It was $39. Maybe not the greatest but so far it's doing everything I need it to do. Somewhat basic.

If you purchase a new 10/22 recently you should have received a scope mount...

Thanks for the great pics! My Ruger is old and doesn't have a mount, just the four screws on the top. I'm inclined to go with a picatinny rail, not a weaver. Does the Tasco you bought have fixed or adjustable parallax?

Bill

Given the usage of a .22 as a "survival rifle" - generally used in close range shooting [less than 100 yards]- I might recommend a fixed 3or4 power scope. Fixed power are cheaper or you can get a better fixed power scope for the price of a cheap variable. .22 may shoot a long way but they are not very effective on anything but small game and you dont want to be long range squirlle hunting [you'll never find'em even if you are able to hit'em].

Just a thought.

Excellent post Rosemead!

I just got my Ruger 10/22 Compact today!

I'm trying to decide on a scope. I'm deciding between these 3 scopes:

http://www.amazon.com/Tasco-World-3-9x40-Riflescope-Reticle/dp/B0000A0AI8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2XXB0UP5KWIC6&colid=ULSO37XLAHZC

http://www.amazon.com/Simmons-Truplex-Riflescope-3-9X40-Matte/dp/B001RMWTJA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I33OG2PWMBNFU7&colid=ULSO37XLAHZC

and

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-3-9x40-Rubber-Armored-Mil-Dot/dp/B000FX307M/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2S9GXXXFQYWAI&colid=ULSO37XLAHZC

I like the fact the last one has a red dot and weaver rings already included. Which scope do you guys think would be best from those 3?

Im also in the market for some accessories for my 10/22 as well bro, i just bought mine in the stainless finish and it came with the scope mount as well and it came with a Konus 3x9x40 because i bought it as a gun/scope combo for 300.

just my opinion

this is one of those moments where money is important only to the quality and durability

a couple of lesser scopes cost more than a quality scope.

We have discussed the wonders of the ruger 10/22 at length so why would you not have

a scope that would not perform out to at least 150 yards and rings that are strong

enough to like the rifle a lifetime investment any weapons sight system can fail

a standard scope has no batteries {a good thing}

a inexpensive under barrel laser for night use and this is a truly versatile system.

I also look for American made as well as warranty but if the Reticle fails to perform

it makes it less than useful look at one link below for Reticle / 22LR information.

here is a see through scope mount

http://www.amazon.com/Ruger-Through-Weaver-Mount-Black/dp/B0007SOLLE

this is one of the best for the price STEEL scope rings aluminum is for beer cans IMO

http://www.opticsplanet.net/millet-angle-loc-weaver-style-smooth-1-rings.html

Notice the 22 long rifle bullet drop part of chart

http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles.html

here is the scope I like for the 10/22

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-2x-7x-35mm-fullfield-ii-scopes.html

Riflescopes

1. Forever Warranty on all Fullfield/II, Signature Series/Select, Black Diamond, Euro Diamond, Mini, Compact, Short Mag/Timberline, XTR, and Six X riflescopes.

A. Forever Warranty – Protects Burris products from any defects in materials or workmanship — even if you are not the original owner. Burris will, at our option, repair or replace the item at no charge.