Sign in to follow this  
DC Matt

GoRuck

Anyone have experience with these bags? Not planning on getting one anytime soon, but eventually I would love to do one of their GoRuck challenges, where you pack one of these bad boys. If you go they challenge, you can get them at a discount.

They look like great bags that would last a lifetime, if not a bit pricey. Just curious of anyone here had used one. I believe they are used by some of our military folks, but not sure.

http://www.goruck.com/shop/

My first impressions, looking at the pictures, I wouldn't pay forty dollars for one. It looks like a under done assault pack. With the $400 dollars you could spend on that, you could get a descent ALICE pack, or even a Blackhawk version (around $300), and still have money left over for stuff to go in it. Thats just my gear nut opinion. i wouldn't even give it a glance back... Maybe a head shake. If you want something like that, check out 5.11's Rush series (I have a Rush 12, and it very quickly became my go bag). they are a little more modular, and I have read lots of reviews, and not many were negative (seems there was one everyonceinawhile that was written by someone who didn't know much about anything, IMHO). I wouldn't GoRuck...

Thanks for the sanity check. That is the same ways was leaning but just curious if anyone had used one. I'll borrow one of their loaners if I ever do the race.

yeah Matt, i didnt want to be to forward in my first reply but yeah, there is no way in hell i would go $400

for a pack like that. way to many top name options out there for 1/2 that, and to me, thats still very expensive for a smaller pack.