Sign in to follow this  
femvet59

Military training in LA

exit, that's crazy. I haven't heard much about Al-Jazeera except for a little hear-say. Are they actually as radical as people say?

Mrdahut, which weapons do you see them most possibly using? So far the only ones I've focused on learning about are Sarin and Tabun.

They're probably a lot less radical than you've been led to believe by the U.S. media.

As I said, I had a few surprises and eye openers in that documentary. In some ways, Al-Jazeera is less "biased" than the media in the U.S. I don't think they censor things as much for one. Just remember that they have a specific audience and they will tailor much of their news to meet that audience's interest and needs.

Everyone forgets a simple and common one Chlorine. Big trucks of it roll around the country all the time and rail cars full of it glide back and forth frequently. If a rail car went you would have to worry about a several mile radius.

I find my self in a strange position here there are ton's of ways shit can be done but when do I cross the line from giving warnings about risk to giving ideas. No I don't really think there is some cell member on this site studying the ways to best bring things down. BUT what if a Google search brings up a thread and I have made a comment that gives some asshole an idea.

The most cautious way I can say this is that our infrastructure is very insecure and can be used in many ways against us. Drive around with your eyes open and realize that some whacko with half a brain and 100 dollars can cause serious damage and disruption. This is the real dirty little secret of our nation just how vulnerable we really are.

THat being said I would rather live free and at risk then secure under a police state.

Doc the list is massive I mean truly staggering. hell with the wrong kind of accident your local pharmacy can be deadly to anyone in half a mile if its on fire. Hardware store and auto supply locations even worse. again though they require doing things deliberately to make them that bad.

Hospitals can potentially literally erupt in the wrong situation.

again I'm trying not to say to much here, but if you live in an area with a population of more then about 20k then odds are you have at least one if not more major risk's in your local. You duty as an aware citizen is to know and understand these risk and be aware of how they can impact you. THis in an of its self may be worthy of a new thread.

Not very comforting considering the nuke tests may already be done.

I'm not worried about the chineese invading us. That sounds a little crazy to me. Just remember, the bigger the army, the bigger your supply and support must be. In today's day, the winner is the one who doesn't have to have a supply convoy (or has the smallest one) and can cause the most damage.

The U.S. has pilots killing others from all the way in the U.S. We don't need to be big to be effective.

Don't dismiss a Chinese invasion so easily. You have to remember that the Chinese are long term thinkers for whom political support is a given. U.S politicians, on the other hand, have to carefully marshall public support if they want to get re-elected. The U.S. public wants a fast, clean, and massive victory in any military engagement. Our deployment strategy mimics that idea: relatively fast deployment into a friendly area near the theatre by commercial charters, military airlifts, and naval deliveries from prepositioned assets. However, if you didn't care how long it would take to build up forces, you could gradually deploy an advanced force that might be short on tail, but big enough on teeth to cause serious damage to infrastructure. Patience, Grasshopper, and a different way of thinking, is all they need.

If you can't brute-force a landing like we did at Omaha and Utah beaches, then you have to go through the back door (Mexico) or through the delivery entrance. How many shipping containers arrive in Los Angeles everyday that could be filled with materiel, and who *really* controls that port? The right bribe to the right customs inspector, and thousands of materiel containers are distributed throughout the country, courtesy of our own railways and truck terminals, to be retrieved by an existing in-country advanced force. I have noticed a staggering number of Chinese-owned businesses popping up that obviously employ Chinese illegals. Advance agents, perhaps? (I believe that some of them are just sweatshops where the illegals are working off their travel debt, and probably money laundering operations, but the idea is sound).

And the chinese military doesn't care whether its soldiers travel in air-conditioned comfort, so who's to say that they couldn't stack a squad in each cargo container with provisions for the duraton of the voyage? The conditions would be horrid, but no worse than the early immigrants faced on sea voyages. If you have a determined foe with lots of patience, unconventional thinking, unlimited political capital, and massive manpower, you have a real problem.

Don't dismiss a Chinese invasion so easily. You have to remember that the Chinese are long term thinkers for whom political support is a given. U.S politicians, on the other hand, have to carefully marshall public support if they want to get re-elected. The U.S. public wants a fast, clean, and massive victory in any military engagement. Our deployment strategy mimics that idea: relatively fast deployment into a friendly area near the theatre by commercial charters, military airlifts, and naval deliveries from prepositioned assets. However, if you didn't care how long it would take to build up forces, you could gradually deploy an advanced force that might be short on tail, but big enough on teeth to cause serious damage to infrastructure. Patience, Grasshopper, and a different way of thinking, is all they need.

If you can't brute-force a landing like we did at Omaha and Utah beaches, then you have to go through the back door (Mexico) or through the delivery entrance. How many shipping containers arrive in Los Angeles everyday that could be filled with materiel, and who *really* controls that port? The right bribe to the right customs inspector, and thousands of materiel containers are distributed throughout the country, courtesy of our own railways and truck terminals, to be retrieved by an existing in-country advanced force. I have noticed a staggering number of Chinese-owned businesses popping up that obviously employ Chinese illegals. Advance agents, perhaps? (I believe that some of them are just sweatshops where the illegals are working off their travel debt, and probably money laundering operations, but the idea is sound).

And the chinese military doesn't care whether its soldiers travel in air-conditioned comfort, so who's to say that they couldn't stack a squad in each cargo container with provisions for the duraton of the voyage? The conditions would be horrid, but no worse than the early immigrants faced on sea voyages. If you have a determined foe with lots of patience, unconventional thinking, unlimited political capital, and massive manpower, you have a real problem.

Why the hell would the chineese want to invade us in the first place?

Nope. I don't buy it. Even if you came up with a half-decent motive, the amount of time and resources that would be required for an invasion of the U.S., not to mention the ever changing conditions of politics and power, would not make it practical or feasible. I'll spend my time worrying about more realistic things.

Why the hell would the chineese want to invade us in the first place?

Nope. I don't buy it. Even if you came up with a half-decent motive, the amount of time and resources that would be required for an invasion of the U.S., not to mention the ever changing conditions of politics and power, would not make it practical or feasible. I'll spend my time worrying about more realistic things.

Agreed. They already "own" us, why invade us?

Man now I feel like I'm helping the enemy when I order Chinese food.

lol... I try to buy American made products... but its hard.... everything is made in china.. and YES you ARE helping them when you buy something made from over there.

They have almost 10% of our debt and on top of that we send them our money for goods. If we made the goods here the money would stay in the country and circulate back to our own hands eventually (More jobs=more taxes=more spending within the U.S.=more money for everyone). Simplistic explanation but thats the jist of it.

I never buy into the fact that any country will invade us.The #1 reason the Japanese didn't was because they knew just about every American owns a gun.Now attack us.Yes ,but thats another ball game.Now days to invade you better be darn sure you can win because to invade and try to take over and loose.You wont just walk away with a hand slap.Thats when we take you over and trust me we wouldn't give back for a long,long time.Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I never buy into the fact that any country will invade us.The #1 reason the Japanese didn't was because they knew just about every American owns a gun.

and here I thought the #1 reason was because we kicked their ass....

I hope cashew chicken is made with US ingredients. If there shipping it over premade well... I don't even know. It defies logic but I'm not surprised.

I don't think the food is imported lol

I'm talking about manufactured goods......but you already knew that :)