Sign in to follow this  
femvet59

Military training in LA

Just saw it in the news. Military training exercises in LA thru Thursday in the evenings for urban combat.

Don't like the sounds of that at all. In case of large scale civil breakdown, the cities can be pretty easily controlled by cutting off all highways.

What do you think?

" the cities can be pretty easily controlled by cutting off all highways"

Sounds like the drive through Nashville. Briley parkway, I65,I40,I24 all going through construction at both ends of each when I moved away in 2004. Nothin but parking lots in the middle.

I hesitate to mention their names and how many

But yes and they are not all middle eastern as some would think.

and some are home grown and may think they could pass off a "problem"

to look like another was involved.

and a quick search states 2,000 now don't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy

I like the police slamming the old lady in New Orleans for her rod and yet there are

3 mega gangs there but they were he men and swarmed an old woman LMAO

if this does not show you the value of our men in blue and ...............

just read the rest of my rants they are not going to go head to head with

gangs in TEOTWAWKI.

Anything to win in an Election??? just asking.

There are hidden groups(from other countrys) in America that will do something stupid.Yes Im conserned.

Yeah this is all because of the Public fear of terrorism. Terrorism is basically fake in the sense of al quaida coming to your town and blowing people up. But a foreign country invading is more likely, or as they say "Why put you in prison when they can build one around you". I heard that somewhere.

I have noticed that when ever the A-10's start making mock runs in my area we usally attack someone within 90 days or so. I guess we will see.

My guess is Iran. A lot of activity with them and the Strait of Hormuz right now.

http://www.debka.com/article/21794/

Coincidence?

Looks like shit could hit the fan pretty soon. I think I will be ordering a few items earlier than I thought.

Exit, I thought Kim Jong Un (Is that how you say it? Anyway, the one who didn't die) recently welcomed the UN inspectors and cancelled all the nuke stuff. I could easily be wrong, as I heard it through a grapevine, though.

The Default Human, I've been prepping for a Chinese invasion since I was a kid. My dad was cohort artillery in the Army, and even when his unit would've been one of the first ones to roll into Czechoslovakia, they trained for a Chinese invasion on US soil. Even when he was stateside again and in Colorado, they told him that if the Chinese reached a certain point, he and the Soldiers under his command were supposed to man their M-60's or M2's and just fire into the crowd, and that at that in the event of a war with China, their life expectancy was about three minutes. Now, that was back in the late 80's, and his units were as trained as artillery gets. Scares the Hell out of me to think about it sometimes. One time he related his training on a Chinese invasion to ants swarming candy.

I have noticed that when ever the A-10's start making mock runs in my area we usally attack someone within 90 days or so. I guess we will see.

My guess is Iran. A lot of activity with them and the Strait of Hormuz right now.

Exit, I thought Kim Jong Un (Is that how you say it? Anyway, the one who didn't die) recently welcomed the UN inspectors and cancelled all the nuke stuff. I could easily be wrong, as I heard it through a grapevine, though.

Not very comforting considering the nuke tests may already be done.

The Default Human, I've been prepping for a Chinese invasion since I was a kid. My dad was cohort artillery in the Army, and even when his unit would've been one of the first ones to roll into Czechoslovakia, they trained for a Chinese invasion on US soil. Even when he was stateside again and in Colorado, they told him that if the Chinese reached a certain point, he and the Soldiers under his command were supposed to man their M-60's or M2's and just fire into the crowd, and that at that in the event of a war with China, their life expectancy was about three minutes. Now, that was back in the late 80's, and his units were as trained as artillery gets. Scares the Hell out of me to think about it sometimes. One time he related his training on a Chinese invasion to ants swarming candy.

I'm not worried about the chineese invading us. That sounds a little crazy to me. Just remember, the bigger the army, the bigger your supply and support must be. In today's day, the winner is the one who doesn't have to have a supply convoy (or has the smallest one) and can cause the most damage.

The U.S. has pilots killing others from all the way in the U.S. We don't need to be big to be effective.

Good point about the supply issue. Which country are you worried about as far as an invasion goes?

I'm not worried about an invasion. If we somehow actually got invaded....we would have other problems that would be MUCH more serious.

I reckon we are more vulnerable to an ICBM nuclear attack or something of that nature. Although, aside from Iran, I don't think any nation would be stupid enough to try something like that.

Thats like two people who have a deadswitch attached to a bomb and they're holding guns at each other. The guns are pointless unless one has a deathwish.

Been there...

"My dad was cohort artillery in the Army, and even when his unit would've been one of the first ones to roll into Czechoslovakia..

It was a constant trainingg Area/German border with Czechoslovakia because thats the ONLY place someone could launch MASS amount of TANKS into Europe..we trained to take those Mt.OUT..But the life expendencey was very LOW for us and we PACKED heavy if we needed to RUN afterwards.."First SGT.Blevens(TOP) said Do the job than Run like Hell"..I would still follow him today"

As far as what we encounter TODAY HERE and NOW..

Im concerened with a small bomb in the wrong hands........and SOME of ours KNOWing about it and Not doing anything about it..

It would not take much for the U.S. to respond..

Enriching it is the hard part.

Yeah, but any college chemistry professor with some assets could pull it off, given the time and some skill at hiding things. My girlfriend's chem. professor was joking about how easy it is a while back, lol. Which is funny, because I've heard a lot about how clever some people in the middle east are, yet they've had trouble figuring this stuff out, apparently.

Yeah, but any college chemistry professor with some assets could pull it off, given the time and some skill at hiding things. My girlfriend's chem. professor was joking about how easy it is a while back, lol. Which is funny, because I've heard a lot about how clever some people in the middle east are, yet they've had trouble figuring this stuff out, apparently.

Thats because they have a screwed up culture (to a certain extent). One of the primary scientists that contributed to the atomic bomb was a woman. Over there women can't even show their face, let alone contribute to science. That's just the tip of the ice-berg. The U.S. education system looks like a paradise compared to some of these middle-eastern countries. I was very much surprised when I learned while watching a documentary that the owner of Al-Jazeera sends his kids to the U.S. for their education.

Edited by exit

A primitive atomic bomb could be built at home yes.IT would be a simple critical mass/impact device. I built such a mock weapon in jr high. and yes the equipment and space needed could be done in a high school science lab. And at best you would approx 1kt explosion after building a device the size of a medium uhual truck.

Or with the same amount of resource equipment and time you could fill that truck with RDX making a much larger conventional yield.

My point is yes it can be done. But that is not really what you have to worry about it no where near efficient or practical. bio weapons are also easier then you would think so long as you don't need to nasty of a bug. Again do able but not practical.

that leaves the threat everyone forgets about Chemical. Cheap easy and fast and this is the threat our cities really need to worry about. that and IEDs. I don't know about LA but NYPD has been actively studying whats gone on in our combat theaters to see what threats they will most likely have to learn how to handle.

exit, that's crazy. I haven't heard much about Al-Jazeera except for a little hear-say. Are they actually as radical as people say?

Mrdahut, which weapons do you see them most possibly using? So far the only ones I've focused on learning about are Sarin and Tabun.