Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

very cool swedish fire torch.

Damn Rick. you beat me to it. I tried this out this weekend and it worked great. did some coffee and later on cooked a small steak with another one. i stole the grate out of my little bbq and put it on top for the steak, but whatever. it worked good.

lol come on bill ya gotta get up early to beat me....... J/K

i actually just stumbled onto it. the kid did a great job with his video.

there is one of a guy who is out under a tarp and cut his sicks on the spot and made his.

all good ideas too. great way to keep a small fire contained in a windy situation.

ive noticed that. early bird catches the worm. it probably helps that you are at least a couple hours ahead of us hippies in commifornia. i saw another one where a guy took a larger log, made the cuts with a chainsaw but only went about 3/4 of the way down so it all held together and then dumped some gas in there. that got me thinking that if you could make the cuts big enough, and still only go 3/4 down, you could stuff tinder in there and voila, same effect. problem is that in that way you're not in a real world environment. thats more motorhome camping type stuff.

yep early bird does get the worm my friend but the second mouse gets the cheese.

i just saw one where a guy i guess drilled down in the "stump" and then did another hole same size across at the bottom. i dont know how he drilled it bit it worked great.

hey real world, motorhome, car camping. i love it all actually. just need to be able to do more of it.