Sign in to follow this  
JonM1911

Get home/EDC bag

So this is my first ever EDC bag and there's still a few things to get, but this is the main bulk of it. Still need to add first aid and some food. Also plan to take my hydration bladder out of my vest and put it in the bag as well as get an external pouch for my Nalgene bottle that goes with me everywhere. Waiting on a micro widgy pry bar too. I need to add topo maps and put my compass in there. As well I have been looking at small GPS units that can be worn on the wrist or maybe slightly larger. They're very popular with guys overseas b/c they're light and dependable. I'll probably be taking the Outdoor Research bag out, might try to find a pouch to put it in. I liked the idea of having it, as I can fit the entire Litespeed inside of it and take off, say if its raining extremely hard, but its just too big to keep inside the main compartment. Suggestions are welcome.

TAD Gear Litespeed

Outside:

DSCN0863.jpg

Front

DSCN0878.jpg

Side (Strider MFS in sheath)

DSCN0875.jpg

(2) Black Diamond carabiners

(1) Lifegear Glowstick in green

DSCN0882.jpg

Contents of the bag:

Outdoor Research Drycomp Ridge Sack

Change of clothes in compressed bag

SOL bivvy

25ft orange paracord

6 chemlights (3 yellow/3 green)

OD Green shemagh

Maxpedition pouch

Pelican 1060 case

DSCN0879.jpg

Interior full

DSCN0881.jpg

Up top on the clip I have my MatchCap XL by Exotac with waterproof matches and lens cleaner with microfiber cloth

DSCN0883.jpg

Maxpedition contents (L-R):

Drier lint in ziplock bag

4gb flashdrive

iPod cable

USB phone cable with outlet adapter

Spyderco Police Model

Rite in Rain pad

Rite in Rain pen

Plain pen

Surefire Earpro

8gb micro SD card with adapter

DSCN0888.jpg

DSCN0889.jpg

Smartwool thick socks

TAD Gear Amphib cargo pants

Reebok thermal layer shirt

Boxers

DSCN0887.jpg

Pelican case with Surefire Lumamax LX2 (will be adding at least 4 spare cr123s for the LX2 and E1B and 4 AA batteries for my Fenix headlamp)

DSCN0890.jpg

Contents of the pockets on the inside of the front panel:

(2) 50 round boxes of 9mm

Fenix headlamp

Box of tinderless matches

I have since removed the pelican case. Its just too big, so it will go in my bugout bag. I'll probably try the 1050 or whatever is below that for just battery storage.

2012-01-16_21-31-32_439.jpg

I've also added this, the micro widgy prybar from CountyComm.

Sorry, but apparently you can't post more than 4 images? Unless I'm doing it wrong....

love the pry bar.... you have the same shemagh as me.. I'm still working on my EDC bag and my BOB.

I would add some dust masks and gloves. I know the shemagh can work for the dust but its much too bulky for my tastes. You could put 3-4 dust masks for the space a shemagh takes up.

I have the shemagh in mine until I eventually get the dust masks.

If this is an EDC bag, and you're still in school, how do they feel about the exposed Stryder on the side of your bag? If the SHTF it's a great location, but, until then you may want to conceal your knife. Also, strap your bag on and jump (thank you US Army.) Do your Carabiners jingle? Anything else? Again, if you're running from someone(s) and you're trying to get away, the jingling won't help.

Beyond that it looks like I have some reworking of my own GHB bag. Just trying to help you stay grey...

If this is an EDC bag, and you're still in school, how do they feel about the exposed Stryder on the side of your bag? If the SHTF it's a great location, but, until then you may want to conceal your knife. Also, strap your bag on and jump (thank you US Army.) Do your Carabiners jingle? Anything else? Again, if you're running from someone(s) and you're trying to get away, the jingling won't help.

Beyond that it looks like I have some reworking of my own GHB bag. Just trying to help you stay grey...

Excellent advice, Gilla. The noise is a real problem if you are trying to hide. Tape or elastic can help but you do not want to rattle!

Sorry I haven't been on, been kinda busy with school and work. Alrighty, here we go.

love the pry bar.... you have the same shemagh as me.. I'm still working on my EDC bag and my BOB.

I would add some dust masks and gloves. I know the shemagh can work for the dust but its much too bulky for my tastes. You could put 3-4 dust masks for the space a shemagh takes up.

I have the shemagh in mine until I eventually get the dust masks.

that sure is a nice bag and set of supplies sir.

very nice! does it have a first aid pouch? Dig the pry bar!

Thanks guys. I love that little prybar, use it quite a bit for little jobs in the IT field. As far as the masks and gloves, I have an underarmor neck gaitor (covers the face) and a pair of OR wool gloves, since its winter time. First aid is the next thing to add. Going to pick up a IFAK from tacmedsolutions.com and then add to it. Dust masks are a great idea though, if I had more room I would prolly add some, but I've also been thinking of making a vehicle first aid kit for active shooter/massive car accident/collapse type thing. While I may not have the skills for the intense stuff, someone else might.

Well I am in school, but I do it online. I have since moved it to the front, under the flap, so its concealed. Yep, they jingle, but that too has been fixed. There is one on the outside and the lanyard for the glowstick is hooked to it. The other one is inside the flap, and the lanyard for the Strider and my SF Lumamax are hooked to it. I'll take a picture and post it up. I'm not too overly concerned about noise, but its never a bad idea to make things as stealthy as possible. Thanks for the ideas and compliments guys.

I have since removed the pelican case. Its just too big, so it will go in my bugout bag. I'll probably try the 1050 or whatever is below that for just battery storage.

2012-01-16_21-31-32_439.jpg

I've also added this, the micro widgy prybar from CountyComm.

Sorry, but apparently you can't post more than 4 images? Unless I'm doing it wrong....

guess it's depends on personal taste.i have the same colored shemagh.they're good for camo ,keeping you warm,keeping you cooler in high heat.use it for a arm sling if it gets injured,makes a makshift bag for carring extra items.i carry 2 of them myself.1 is a lighter green.

I like your EDC bag! How many Lumens is your flashlight? Is the pelican case waterproof?

You look prepared!

I like your EDC bag! How many Lumens is your flashlight? Is the pelican case waterproof?

You look prepared!

The light is 200 lumens on high, 15 on low. Yea the pelican is waterproof, they all are. Great for holding stuff that you don't want to get wet, batteries, electronics, etc.

Hey thats a Litespeed from TAD!

I have a Fastpack EDC in Foliage green. TAD is amazing gear/clothing!

Yea I love their stuff. Have the Litespeed, 2 Ranger Hoodies, 2 Amphib pants, a merino shirt, 1 pr of Amphib shorts with 2 more on the way.

Very nice setup, it gave me a few ideas I may wanna use for my GHB. Several ideas to have inside of your kit is a small spool of fishing line with a needle, in a pinch that can be used to suture wounds. Crazy glue, duck tape and zip ties is what I keep in my current bag due to how little they weigh and the uses for them are endless. Oh and I don't know how grey you wanna be or attempting but IMO I would get rid of the patches on the back pack. Don't need to give other a reason to suspect you got something on you that could be of value or of danger. Hope these ideas help

Very nice setup, it gave me a few ideas I may wanna use for my GHB. Several ideas to have inside of your kit is a small spool of fishing line with a needle, in a pinch that can be used to suture wounds. Crazy glue, duck tape and zip ties is what I keep in my current bag due to how little they weigh and the uses for them are endless. Oh and I don't know how grey you wanna be or attempting but IMO I would get rid of the patches on the back pack. Don't need to give other a reason to suspect you got something on you that could be of value or of danger. Hope these ideas help

Yea that's the main thing I need now is a first aid kit. Yea, I thought about that, but I have the spot for them what else am I going to use it for haha. If I ever need to use it in a dangerous situation I can always pull them off too.

Excellent bag, but might I recommend a little more pry bar if you live in a concrete rich environment.

Yea, I've thought about that. I just don't know where the line lays between an EDC bag and a complete have everything for every situation bag. I could think of a lot of different things I would want, that would weigh the bag down and prolly wouldn't fit to boot. I may end up going with a larger bag, or splitting the bag somehow, I'm not sure.

The thing is, in an urban environment I can move around just about any building and any room with a 24" flatbar and a wide-tipped strong flathead screwdriver. If you work inside of a multi story concrete building consider the possibility of being trapped inside. A large pry bar can open a door or get a half-ton rock off your friends foot (which obviously won't be so much a foot as ground meat)

The thing is, in an urban environment I can move around just about any building and any room with a 24" flatbar and a wide-tipped strong flathead screwdriver. If you work inside of a multi story concrete building consider the possibility of being trapped inside. A large pry bar can open a door or get a half-ton rock off your friends foot (which obviously won't be so much a foot as ground meat)

I work in a 2-story, in the heart of downtown though. I'm in the larger building alot, but it wouldn't matter, I never take my bag with me. I work in IT so I've always got other stuff with me and a bag would just make walking downtown miserable. I'm actually hoping to get a job at a hospital or similar place where I can just go to work and not have to leave all the time.