Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Candles for warmth and light

yes all things have dangers,so does 0 or 30 below weather.you never went thru military cold weather survival training,or your thoughts might be very different.i have been in pup tent with another person,and candle closed up no problems.if there would be major air problems the candle would dim within 15 minutes.speaking from experience.

Blacjac,

True, as far as it goes. The problem is if you drop off to sleep before the flame dims, you just might never wake up. This is also a problem for the 'tape plastic sheeting over all openings to secure a room' shelter in place method. While it is effective against many airborne threats, that room is now SEALED and you are burning up the O2. It has the same issue as the tent, it only takes longer to get there.

Always be aware of CO/CO2 issues in a sealed area; your life literally depends on it.

Blacjac,

True, as far as it goes. The problem is if you drop off to sleep before the flame dims, you just might never wake up. This is also a problem for the 'tape plastic sheeting over all openings to secure a room' shelter in place method. While it is effective against many airborne threats, that room is now SEALED and you are burning up the O2. It has the same issue as the tent, it only takes longer to get there.

Always be aware of CO/CO2 issues in a sealed area; your life literally depends on it.

i've never seen it in a tent.haven't had one air tight enough.but if it would do it ,i cant see it taking very long .more than 15 minutes,to start it dimming.but can see where some of these modern tents could be.just i haven't seen it myself.