Sign in to follow this  
catfish hunter

Good survival set-up, to close to a major highway. Ideas?

Hi all! Joined this forum after several days of reading. It seems to be a pretty awesome and informative discussion board.

Someone mentioned an underground house and it reminded me of a friend telling me about his uncle that bought a cheap boat that wasn't sea worthy and dug a hole and put it in the ground. It was the kind that has a little bed and bathroom below deck. It seems like a cheap alternative for someone who doesn't want to build a whole house underground but wants a secluded hideaway position.

Catfish,

Your town sounds like it's far enough out of town and below radar to avoid any undo attention. People will of course be scavenging around for anything useful, you know you'll have to guard against this. ANd you said you have a Big-In plan in place, but only a few "preppers" in town. Essentially a rural town, is alot more self-sufficient than any city could ever be.

My suggestion is to try and convince more people in your town to prep. WIthout sounding crazy, and without telling them about your own prep efforts, just start up a conversation about being worried about the economy (which is a common topic to be discussed by anyone)

People no about the problems the country faces, but turn a blind eye, stick their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes way. I believe the best thing you can do at this point is to maybe make people aware the problems won't go away. Wake people up. THose other preppers in your town(that you're aware of) be sure to establish a way of communicating with them if something were to happen.

Keep up your efforts, more bullets and water.