Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

ModGear Five Day Assault Pack by Drago

I looks nice and has good reviews on CTD. Look on Amazon as well for reviews. I always look at the worst reviews on an item to get a worst case scenario on the item. I have a Camelback BFM that I love, that is about the same size, but had a much larger price tag. Lol.

For the price, with those reviews, I don't think I'd worry too much. If you decide you'd like larger, or a different style, you're not to large to repurpose that one. Good luck.

Edited by Gilla
Grammer/readability

type in ModGear Five Day Assault Pack by Drago/reviews and you can see many more reviews I opted for the 3 day pack by drago and have no complants I know some of the packs at CTD had complants about zippers breaking poor stiching

Thanks inkspotdw. How do you like the pace in the 3 day? My main issue would be I have to carry gear for my 3 year old also. Was considering a 3 day one for my wife. Ill def google reviews to get a better look. I saw that Amazon carries the 3 day ones but want around $87 dollars for it I thought

Shawn for me this pack has more than enough room and i tend to pack more then I need that's why I don't like online shopping like. To see touch put on etc. What I'm buying. If possible order both check out which one you like and just return one of them never return anything at cheaper then dirt but they do send a return label with your order. just a thought

Thanks. Didnt think of that. Maybe if I like both I could give the wife the smaller one. If you dont mind me asking, where abouts in North NJ are you? Im from Sussex County and still work there.

Has anyone seen one of these?Swiss Engineer Rucksack.

I was at a small(very)Army Navy store and they had 2 with metal frames.They wanted 29.00 each..just found the same with out the frame for $19.00 and freight.

http://www.keepshooting.com/swiss-engineer-rucksack.html

Ok so I like the waterproofing and because it was for an Engineer.Im slanted that way.I would be useing it primary for Hunting because Im buging in at preasent..

What do you think???

Has anyone seen one of these?Swiss Engineer Rucksack.

I was at a small(very)Army Navy store and they had 2 with metal frames.They wanted 29.00 each..just found the same with out the frame for $19.00 and freight.

http://www.keepshooting.com/swiss-engineer-rucksack.html

Ok so I like the waterproofing and because it was for an Engineer.Im slanted that way.I would be useing it primary for Hunting because Im buging in at preasent..

What do you think???

Looks like a good pack for 20$$$ reviews are good I have a few east german day packs for 4.00 u cant go wrong the webbing is u need to were a belt and took me a little while to figure out but I use them to store few tools jumper cables in car 1 as a range bag i just hoke 1 strap on it and wear it like a man purse but being camo you still look some what Manley I get these at cheaper than dirt

I own the bag and I love it, it packs everything I need for 5 day, add a couple MOLLE pouches and you're good to go, plus the fact that it is compatible for an H2O bladder just makes it well rounded I think its a great buy and I would recommend it for anybody

Just a caution to anyone buying a "molle bag". I've seen a lot of bags that are made of all the right materials, and have good designs but poor stitching. If it isn't double stitched at a minimum look elsewhere. Just putting that out there, that particular bag, without putting my hands on it looks pretty good.

To optimize what you're paying for make sure you get a good collection built up of molle pouches. Paying the extra for all the mounting space and not making use of it is kinda silly don't you think?

I would agree with trying them on first.

Im tall(6ft4inch)and tryed on the Swiss Engineer Rucksack.

after close inspection I found steel in the corners and the pack was way to short for my frame and was heavy empty.I could not adjust the straps to get it comfortable in the store.So I wont be purchasing it.Im still looking.lol

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/molle981-1.html

Hope that worked. I've never posted a link before.

We have 4 of these.two for each of our BOV kits.And the other two i guess you can say are our EDC.These are what we put on everytime we take a walk or ride a bike or what have ya.They are good the only thing we had any issue with was the zipper ties.They would come undone.Replaced them with 550 and good to go.Lots of pockets and even a padded slot for a small notebook pc or camelbak.:D

We also have two of these.http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE985-1.html

They are just a little smaller,but have pretty much the same setup.

Edited by Melissa_Montana

Ok I finally was able to purchase this bag. I will try to give a review as I start filling it. Of course a week after I buy it I found a Kelty Trekker external frame pack for $1 ata yard sale. My prob now is deciding which would be a better bug out bag. I purchased the Drago in the tan color. What Im thinking is the Kelty looks less "tactical" and might blend in more. Thinking that I will use the Kelty for now as more of a camping/hiking pack and eventually convert it into a secondary bug out bag for my wife or another family member.