Sign in to follow this  
femvet59

Womens Selfdefense

i would like to start a thread for the ladies. Our defense topics tend to be geared towards weapons, but what about the women or girls who may not be comfortable with them or have the skills?

Women especially usually are trained to be the caretaker, to be "nice". Ihat is the direct opposite of effective selfdefense.

Just picked up some pepper spray for my daughter yesterday. Anything that ya'll come up with here, I'll be sure to pass along to her. Good luck with the thread! And by the way, Femvet59, if you have to kick some guy's butt, that doesn't mean you aren't a nice person. It just means he made a wrong choice, when he messed with you

i would like to start a thread for the ladies. Our defense topics tend to be geared towards weapons, but what about the women or girls who may not be comfortable with them or have the skills?

Women especially usually are trained to be the caretaker, to be "nice". Ihat is the direct opposite of effective selfdefense.

We dealt with this issue several years ago. My wife is an intergal part of our Survival Team. As such, she needed to be ready to help defend if necessary. That involved some attitude adjustment on her part, but now, I know she has my back when it is necessary.

A woman's forum is a good idea.

I forwarded your suggestion to "the powers that be". I think it would be a good forum.

Im a father of 2 daughters.Yes they both were raised to be able to take down someone bigger than them.My oldest went to Russia in the mid 90s as an exchange student.Before she was able to go she had to learn the 5 points that will disable a person very fast and to be able to get in there face with as much venom as possible.My oldest speaks Russian and learned the swear words.My youngest took dance for 7 years,she does kottas very well and is a brown belt.(be nice to your Bank teller/loan officer,you never know)

Its about NOT being seen as a easy TARGET.

Im All for a strong female gender and my first wife and I fought about it constantley.

I won.My daughters carry blades provided by there FATHER and my son in laws are thankfull for there streangth both mental and phycial.

Sorry but Im all in on the correct training for the ladys..Please dont think Im nuts but Im a father who has been conserned about this for years.

Matt, you're right: It's about NOT being seen as an easy target!! Unfortunately that's exactly the problem for a lot of women.

Years ago I was a CO in San Quentin State Prison and during a lockdown got an interesting lesson from one of my inmates that I never forgot: "We're like animals, we target the weak ones. They don't take up they're space, don't make eye contact."

It has nothing to do with size. It's all about mental attitude!! Only once you have that down, comes training, skills or add-ons. You know what I mean, you have to be willing to be hit in a fight or to take a cut to avoid worse.

Femvet59.

My mother was 5ft.2 and I remember her poking my father in the chest(6ft 2inch 240lb)when her Irish was up.What scared me the most was when she yelled at a UNION truck driver"Hay if all you can aford is a dime for a tip take it with you"

I love strong women,I had to stop my wife a couple of years ago from going over the fence to "kick his ass"for being rude to me.

Yes please get the Forum started...Real men NEED a REAL WOMEN...

i luv u 2//lol

Femvet59

you are laboring under a misconception

attitude is right - that is all it is:

you can carry a purse and wear a fanny pack and no one thinks about it.

you can get away with defending yourself to a greater degree than men.

you can stuff enough crap in a bra to defend the Alamo and add a cup size some think this is cool.

you can say "he tried to rape me" and get away with it.

you can empty a gun into a TURD no problem you were in shock

you get a divorce and get the better half and can drag us back into court to CHANGE the agreement.

any of us men do that and we are in prison no matter what was happening.

The girls I know can kick some azz of course I do live in Texas by the grace of God my mother {rest her}

Was a perfect lady did not cuss and looked like Raquel Welch she would knock a knot your skull

or blow a hole in your azz in a heartbeat.

She would tell you in a minute I am a Christian not a door mat or a pushover.

One day a door to door sales person came up I answered the door she was cooking {great cook}

well I said we would not be interested and he got smart mouth, well MOM heard it and around the corner

with a 10 inch kitchen knife and told him if he did not want some Iron in his diet he better move on

and she had better not see him again or it still might happen.

The way she held the knife made me nervous, when the man left she said this is our house

you are mine if you say no and your acting in our best interest I am behind you as is your father.

It is attitude and timing and eye contact my mother was not afraid of anything except snakes but

she shot them would not touch one or eat one but out came the gun and goodbye snake.

My father was a kind and friendly person and considered by everyone a gentleman but they knew

his other side but not that he was retired 82nd airborne and Korea duration except for a few months

and on and on looked like a Portuguese rear admiral in his dress uniform.

I saw him in "action" deadly mean and fast he was also One of "them" Christians like my mother.

It's all prim and proper till the sh*ts on then knifes guns anything you can grab and get some.

they were the product of the depression and the hard world after and had seen BAD things

and knew the only way to defeat it was head on no mincing words or backing up.

A Lady should know how to carry herself and speak like a lady but when its time to take care of business

a derringer in the bra a revolver in the purse or a nail file and a good knowledge of street fighting.

my mother carried a stiff nail file she had that Injun blood liked the blade,you jack with her and you

would looked like you fell in a sewing machine.

I have seen some of the self defense programs and they are fine but the shank with short straight thrusts

to the gut in the clinches makes you the winner all this pressure point stuff is OK but some are immune

as well as pepper spray but no one is immune to a half dozen holes in their navel

you need to be a dirty SOB in a fight the reason why people are killed is they think the altercation

is not deadly or violent then as the opposition is feeling them out they are trying to be defensive

this is a losers game a roll of quarters in a PAIR of silk hose a good heavy nail file and a gun and

the dead tell no tales if a person is not wiling to kill then do not waste your time in defense

because that's all they want to teach for liability reasons and then your suppose to call the police

from a safe place if a psycho is following you where is safe or a gang / group

azzholes do not play by the rules I think our crime statistics speak to that women are more likely to

be assaulted or murdered by someone they know unless you teach them that they are sheep.

a good friend was murdered by her ex boyfriend he asked her to help him move she did and he knifed

her and stuck her in the trunk of her own car drove it out to a field and set fire to it.

My aunt was in crutches some bad actors decided she was an easy mark she went to the door

as they were robbing her storage room she told them to leave one called her a name and said

we are going to f____ you and kill you b_____ well she raised her pistol and shot him dead the other ran

but he did not make it far she nailed him he died in the driveway.

she called the sheriff and told him to get his self out there and remove the trash from her driveway.

and she was a Lady I never heard he cuss or was unkind to anyone and she was and old time

person LIKE driving miss daisy a WWII nurse but when she saw trash she had no problem dealing with it

I asked her "how are you, you OK" not wanting to mention her dual homicide.

She was as pert as ever and said "just fine honey slept like a cat in the window and when youall

come down I going to make you buttermilk pie" in other words like nothing happened.

so it is attitude and perception my folks had a right wrong good bad understanding very little grey area.

And all my memories of them are nothing but wonderful warm and happy, unless I was being a jerk

then the memories are less wonderful LOL...

Sorry femvet59 but get off the cross we need the wood. LMAO

I want my daughters to have the advantage in everyway possible.Court,lawyers,shotings.

Most women wont take advantage of Courts unless the laywer is a man and he said to,and the other so called man was an ass and did not have to deal with a Father in Law like me.

LMAO.

did not mean to take over THREAD..

back up there cowboy I got plenty of wood.

Just picked up some pepper spray for my daughter yesterday. Anything that ya'll come up with here, I'll be sure to pass along to her. Good luck with the thread! And by the way, Femvet59, if you have to kick some guy's butt, that doesn't mean you aren't a nice person. It just means he made a wrong choice, when he messed with you

I've had the pleasure a ew times. LOL

my wife likes to carry one in the purse and one on her person. She says she is ready to get the first one back if the purse is snatched from her. We go to the range together and work on our groupings.

As for my daughter i have seen her put a man down on the ground that was a foot taller and 125 pounds heavier.

Yes the ladies in my family know how to be nice but they know where nice stops and taking care of business starts.

As for a ladies forum area i think its a great idea. They have a way of seeing things that us guys miss sometimes. I think femvet59 has a very good idea.

One of the ideas that my wife had to learn is that she doesn't draw a gun just to scare someone. The bad guys know you won't shoot if that's all your doing - and they will probably take the gun away from you.

The point is, unless the situation has deteriorated to a point where a gun is necessary, never draw a gun unless you have full intention of using it.

We need to remember that anybody can be disarmed! But you always have your arms, legs & head. Just a minimum amount of training can make all the difference. My experience has been that most men do not expect a woman to fight. That element of surprise can save you from a bad situation.

but the best defense is situational awareness which is where I see a lot of (especially young)girls lacking.

Too busy on the phone, texting etc. And, of course, young people just don't believe that anything bad can happpen to them.

We need to remember that anybody can be disarmed! But you always have your arms, legs & head. Just a minimum amount of training can make all the difference. My experience has been that most men do not expect a woman to fight. That element of surprise can save you from a bad situation.

but the best defense is situational awareness which is where I see a lot of (especially young)girls lacking.

Too busy on the phone, texting etc. And, of course, young people just don't believe that anything bad can happpen to them.

It took a bit of doing but I finally got it across that it is better to be shot in the parking lot where you are less than 45 minutes from a trauma center than to get in the car and never be found! They finally got the point when I told them I'd shoot them myself if that was the only way I could keep the BG from getting out of the house with them. I won't kill them but he would.

When my eldest nearly got kidnapped for a slavery ring in a 3rd world sh*thole, she matured a great deal! Big, weight lifting friends helped stop that BS. Nice to have friends who are 6ft4in, 280 lbs of muscle and an ex-ranger to explain to the BGs that if they try to use those knives they'll just make the big guys mad!

Capt. Bart,

Glad to hear your daughter made it out OK. This is excactly what I'm trying to get across to women (and have a really hard time), sometimes it's absolutely NECCESSARY to take the hit, the knife or the bullett when you have at least a chance of survival, than letting your fear of pain get you ultimately killed.

I'm a volunteer rape crisis and domestic violence counselor and see it regularly. Women who are capable of defending themselves won't, because their mindset has them set up to be a victim.

Let's face it, most of these guys are punks!!!!!!!

first, damn Capt bart, that is really damn scary and I am glad that she made it out alright. This is a topic that gets me because I have a wife and little daughter. My wife doesn't like the idea of carrying anything with her because she is afraid the little one will get into her purse and find the defensive "weapon". One thing I am pretty confident in is that when my wife wants to be she is pretty damn tough, sometimes she gives me a run for my money, but in a scary situtation even tough people forget that about themselves and some kind of spray or something would come in very handy.

Yes that was very personal,Thanks Capt.Bart.I hope every Father reads it.

Fear is a killer and most females freeze instead of taking action.Its about action.Please do some training with your love ones.A temper is a wonderfull thing.JMHO

I am not nearly as erudite as Connor is - he writes for Handgun Mag and you should read

http://www.handgunrepairshop.com/Why_do_you_carry_a_gun.html

It explains things better than I ever could. One of the reasons I am not a LEO is that guys who mess with kids and women would resist arrest - EVERY SINGLE TIME! Got no use for them using up my air - not an opinion, just FACT!

So the last public hanging in WVa.was in Keyser WVa. just saying..

Heinlein cover this very well in 'Star Ship Trooper'. He made a VERY persuasive argument for "cruel and unusual" punishment. My one argument that no progressive has ever had a comeback for is "exactly how many executed criminals become repeat offenders?" It may not be a deterrent ( I think it is, actually, but for the sake of arguing with the sheeple I don't need it to be ) to a first offense but it absolutely is a fix for repeat offense. Don't get me wrong, if a life sentence MEANT LIFE without parole we could have a different argument. Since life actually means five to seven ........

Capt. Bart,

Glad to hear your daughter made it out OK. This is excactly what I'm trying to get across to women (and have a really hard time), sometimes it's absolutely NECCESSARY to take the hit, the knife or the bullett when you have at least a chance of survival, than letting your fear of pain get you ultimately killed.

I'm a volunteer rape crisis and domestic violence counselor and see it regularly. Women who are capable of defending themselves won't, because their mindset has them set up to be a victim.

Let's face it, most of these guys are punks!!!!!!!

Thank you for your work. I get furious when I see ladies out walking or jogging, hair in a pony tail, music in the ears and TEXTING on the explicative deleted phone! The only thing missing is the "VICTIM HERE" sign. I get even angrier when I read/hear about how poor and mistreated this youth was. I am concerned that if the state doesn't begin to effectively deal with these leeches, the vigilance committees will.

By the way, I think "punk" is way to nice a term (and perhaps an insult to all punks everywhere) for what I consider to be blood suckers on humanity. People don't understand that rape isn't about sex. It is about some self loathing, inferior parasite trying to make himself feel like he is not the insignificant insect he really is. The only way he can do that is by causing another human being to feel terror in his presence. That is why really beautiful women and really confident women (often one in the same, I've noticed - my bride is a prime example) are seldom victims to this crime. They intimidate the cowards that all rapists are so the rapists picks on someone much older or with much less self confidence. In the American West of the 19th century, even the outlaws hung anyone who assaulted a woman! The push of the radical feminist to make women better than men has had some very bad consequences, not the least of which is the lack of 'protective instinct' in the male toward women and children. My bride wants me carrying because she knows, armed or not, I will get involved and being armed increases the odds I'll come out alive.

Again, thank you for your work. Sorry about the rant but this is a real hot button for me. That males (they are NOT men) think they are entitled to do this to women and children is beyond the pale.

Yup, it's a hot button for me as well (obviously). I used the term "punk" for a reason, when I was a CO in San Quentin State Prison which was a Level 4 institution then, being called a punk by the murderers meant you were probably not long for the land of the living. It was interesting to watch these guys being so protective of women. I could go into situations where a male officer would be in serious danger, put on my girlie act and be able to calm things down.

Like you said, it's the women/girl who is completely unaware and selfabsorbed who just screams out for being made into a victim.

One thing I REALLY hate about living in CA is not being able to carry. I'm hoping the Sheriff will let me have a CCW but it's doubtful. I'va already been threatened more than once, but with a little promise of sticktime so far nothing physical. But it's just a matter of time.

What an X CO. cant get a carry permit?? thats nuts.Virginia is an open carry state,I have my C.P.here in WVa. but our local Sheriff just raised the price to $75.00 to "research".The last Sheriff(he retired) saw my DD214 and gave me the carry permit.

Ok freedom is not free..

Hey Matt, I was an MP in the service, got my degree in Adm. of Justice anf then went to work for CDC. Had one moving violation about 25 yrs. ago. Doesn't make a diff!! I've talked with some of the local cops, they would LOVE for us vets to be armed and be able to have their back if need be. But the state is so PC!!!! If my husband wasn't in a nursing facility, I would relocate. But there is no way I'm leaving him behind even though he doesn't know me most of the time.