Sign in to follow this  
awake

What Americans worry about.

not too hot on this unless you depend on uncle sam to support your litter of kids.

I agree Awake? I know people who have 7-9 kids and have never recieved a single handout and seem to have a richer life. They may not be affluent in money or material things, but they have extra helpings of the things that truly matter and make a difference.

I agree Awake? I know people who have 7-9 kids and have never recieved a single handout and seem to have a richer life. They may not be affluent in money or material things, but they have extra helpings of the things that truly matter and make a difference.

i believe that you should be free to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights and i dont have to help pay for it. If you have 7-9 kids and dont need government assistance then bless you and your family.

How many kids? I want to know if I am already in more trouble with my least favorite "Uncle"...lol.
oooo you are in trouble sir, sorry sir we can't let you know what the number is because we may have to change it tomorrow.

oooo you are in trouble sir, sorry sir we can't let you know what the number is because we may have to change it tomorrow.

LMAO... Tinder, are you sure you're not a politician...lol.

Ok, I'm sorry, that was a low one, even as a joke. My apologies Sir. I have 4 (2 biological and 2 step) and I'm even fighting them placing me on disability from my injuries I suffered. I'll deal with the pain and other affects until I physically can't and by then, I hope my kids are on their own and have at least learned the lesson that nothing is free and only earning what you have makes it worthwhile.

Guest kevin

no i do not believe there should be a number on the amount of children someone may have. that would give the gov'ment even more power, and im soooo not for that. no i truly think the population has reached critical mass, and , left alone(no teotwawki) we will breed ourselves into one with in 30 years. what was the population in 1900. 1 billion and change. today 7 billion and change and its just going faster and faster. what do i think should be done? to late, now its just time to prep for the enevitable. ....gloomy cuss aint i.

my big problem is ya have so many people out there having children and cant afford the ones they have.

they will let them do without, live on welfare, give them up for adoption, etc etc. look at the folks on tv, 19 kids is it? no way in hell were they affording all of them w/o assistance. the duggers i think is their name.

Guest kevin

yup the duggers. or as we call them "the kid hoarders". not only the assistance im sure they get but how much parental guidance do you think each kid gets a day.

yup the duggers. or as we call them "the kid hoarders". not only the assistance im sure they get but how much parental guidance do you think each kid gets a day.

they have said that they rely on the older kids help with the younger kids. i hope that they arent allowing kids to raise kids.

here is what you should worry about

Everyone wants to know when, I never thought it would be 2012

I saw this and found it very interesting and think all should give it a serious view watch the video

it is the 2nd but the first is listed and you can watch it also leave any bias at the door watch it

all the way through and then set your mind as to what you think.

http://www.sidroth.org/site/News2?ab...ticle&id=10494

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn spells out interesting information

Snake, I need some clarification here. I must not be understanding you. I clicked on your link and the 2nd item was an article "Israel May Attack by June" not a video to watch, which was my understanding from your post. Throw me a bone here, and I'll watch the correct video.

In response to this threads initial question, my three items are:

1. General health/well being for me and my family

2. Finances (very general I know, but meaning working to get debt free and build up retirement funds in a non-ITEOTW in my lifetime scenario)

3. I don't want to wake up 70 years old and ask myself "where the hell did my life go?" and not have done anything worthwhile or meaningful.

Bootstrap In response to your initial questions, your three items are:

1. General health/well being for me and my family

2. Finances (very general I know, but meaning working to get debt free and build up retirement funds in a non-ITEOTW in my lifetime scenario)

3. I don't want to wake up 70 years old and ask myself "where the hell did my life go?" and not have done anything worthwhile or meaningful.

I am not being flippant or silly here

1. watch your bad cholesterol intake, love the other members of your family more than you think about yourself but expect reciprocation, they are your biggest investment and longest term.

2. an extra payment every year on the principle alone is a game changer, 15 year loans

are best and keep your vehicles until they crater but put back the money like you still have

the payment, because you will have to get a new one eventually and it kills you when all that

free money creates debt and then you have to struggle to get a vehicle.

3. no matter who you are, your going to wake up and ask that question anyway, a better question

is what is God going to think of me if you have pleased him first I think your other question will be

inconsequential, here is why Matthew 6:33 I have seen it work.

straight and steady as you can to whatever you want.

sometimes there are hardships we all know that

but If you can be proud of your wife and children then in my book your a winner.

I think we are headed for a financial problem so silver do not get crazy but whatever is reasonable

the do not put all your eggs in one basket scenario

name brand weapons some cash and a few stocks like oil companies and a good Pharmaceutical company

and last but most important a whole or universal life insurance policy when your younger and healthy

its cheap if you have a minor problem you get a rider or none at all and the fact can be borrowed against

and have a cash value and numerous other fantastic aspects including tax advantages.

Tell your family how important and that you love them praise them when they do good and

show your dissatisfaction not anger or disgust but be ready to forgive quickly and try never to

bring it up ever, act as each situation is singular and do not be one who throws a event back in

peoples faces it is not showing the other person you really forgave them and you harbor Ill feelings

and have been hiding them.

TEOTWAWKI prepare but remember Gods time is not ours but disasters happen so just be prepared

read the book of Mathew you are not to be alarmed and do not be deceived by false prophets

this is a part of TEOTWAWKI most do not consider there are unscrupulous people stating

the end is coming and it always is for someone but maybe not for "the" end so prep

with long term in mind but with in reason no one knows when the end of the age is and do not let them

convince you other wise but being prepared for 6 months is commonsense as being unemployed

lasts at least that long now of days.

I hope this is helpful is some way read this it put life in perspective to me anyway Ecclesiastes 3:1

I did not mean to get all spiritual but can you imagine a football game with no rules and no scoring

to me that is life with out God IMHO

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Snake,

Sound advice, all around.

Regarding the mortgage, we did just refi a few weeks ago and went from 26 yrs left on a mortgate to 15 at half the APR. Our monthly payment went up less than $100 per month. YIPPEEEEEEEE!! That will be a huge $$$ saver over the course of our loan.

I fully agree with the vehicle scenario. My wife drives an 8 yr old vehicle in great shape and I drive a 12 year old vehicle in good shape. I LOVE not having a monthly car payment. I'm a shadetree mechanic but we do need to take the vehicles in occasionaly so a "real" mechanic can work on them once in a while. Still, that's cheaper than a car payment.

I found the link you reposted for the Rabbi Grath video. I am planning on watching it this weekend. I didn't want to start an hour long video (part one and two combined) last night. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

For a guy from Texas, you're not too bad. (just kiddin' ya)

So what snake is saying is: all you need is love? Lol

1. My family's health and safety

2. Finances, I own my own company

3. What else is there to worry about?

We're prepping to provide should something happen and, by prepping, we are better able to deal with any occurrence, that should alleviate some of our worries. Having said that I should also point out that my wife thinks that I don't worry at all.

I'm a free spirit and every day is a gift. ;)

Edited by Gilla
Grammer

Gilla

believe it or not you heard it here YES love is the answer for all these problems.

unfortunately some of our enemies will never give in or change because hate is

a drug just like love.

but when aspirin dose not work antibiotics so in this instance / analogy steel and bullets

reinforce your unwillingness to be a victim.

I always like to start out nice but if it leads to it i will snatch someones lower lip until it's

hanging around their neck like an ascot.

{ I think I mentioned body parts are not as permanently attached as some think}

Love, LOVE will keep us together lala la la.....that Tennille was a looker and still is...LOL

here is the link although I listen to old country I love all music except 95% of rap some is ok.

http://www.captainandtennille.net/

I prefer "Do that to me one more time."

So, if I understand your concept, and I'm allowed to paraphrase: "Give peace a chance before you kick their ---."

If that's correct, i support you 100%

Gilla

well not really, wack them permanent removal as they breed and we have enough stupid people

our judicial system treats them like a endangered species when they are more like vermin that are in

need of pest control.

I have a low threshold for stupid, one chance and they are toast as I do not have eyes in the back of

my head and I like to sleep with both eyes closed.

well folks

I cannot say I have any "fear" some concern but fear is negative and as long as your prepping

everything should work out.

no one will live forever and as long as we do our best it's all that is required anything beyond that

is beyond our control.

While fear can be negative it is also a good thing at times snake. It can keep you cautious and on your toes. the key is to not let it take over

Tinderwolf

OH so that's my problem LOL

I was always too busy doing to be in fear after I had the little tremor after but not too many times

never one of those that I was never going to die or get hurt

I figured i would die young as I was and still am an adrenalin junkie and loved money and the only

way to make it was go where no one else will go and do what others won't.

my worst fear when I was a child was to live a normal life 9-5 and drive a hokey station wagon.

from the Alps to Zulu country and I loved it and now I miss it, the way it was that is.

now natives wearing Nike T-shirts and carrying a plastic gas jug {Belgian} just makes it so blah.

Perrier water bottles and wife beater t-shirt bags everywhere it looses it's exotic feel.

use to when they pointed an AK at you you knew you were in faraway lands now you can see it

in downtown Houston fighting over a parking space.

now you don't have to leave town we got them all from every country either driving a cab or owning

a hotel or gas station most are very nice and glad to be here and I am happy for them as they

are working and productive but the world is now less than not as unique hell I can't explain it

I just feel it and Mumbai what the hell is that now Bombay that was exotic Mumbai sounds like a

toothless drunk wino trying to speak.

half the countries are now split and some off the wall name but the all got them Nike t-shirts

and cell phones

it's a bummer.

And Europe is starting to look like Disney world.

what I worry about that we are all going to loose our identity and become a smear instead of a color

A commercial or advertisement banner on every piece of clothing apple/sony/ nike whatever.

I have spoken to friends of different cultures and they feel the same the wonder has been replaced by

the I phone and the internet the old is not even revered it's considered vile or embarrassing by

their children and disrespect of their elders is rampant and it is a shame.

if things keep going as they are it won't make a difference we will all be wearing commie grey

or prison orange.

i believe that you should be free to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights and i dont have to help pay for it. If you have 7-9 kids and dont need government assistance then bless you and your family.

Amen to that.