Sign in to follow this  
awake

What Americans worry about.

yea regulator5

it made me learn a new term "Normalcy Bias" as you must use relevant present day terms,

called /and or corporate speak or everyone jumps on you and acts like you have no sense.

Or lost your mind because your not using punctuation correctly.

I understand and am guilty of run on sentences, I guess my interaction with indigenous

people and tribes and communicating through an interpreter.

I have learned amazing information from uneducated people and attempted to understand

their mode of thinking.

I learned to respect their judgment and try not to speak down to them.

Any diplomat will tell you pissing people off is not going to get them all in a circle singing Kumbaya.

and in most places I have been might get your head on a pole or worse.

The thing I cannot understand our legal system they will hunt you down taze you or beat you

put you in with thieves killers and rapist. if you strike a man for lying, or falsely accusing you in a way

that will directly impact your job, station or liberty, but instead want you to get a lawyer

and they want cash up front for a defamation of character suit.

I cannot remember the mans name but during the Clinton 1st term the travel bureau

was headed by this gentleman and miss C wanted her bunch in the position so

a claim that monetary misappropriation was inferred he fought in court for over 4 years.

Spent every last dime to clear his name, and was cleared but no one remembers that.

He was not reimbursed for this insult he could not work because of the claim and died

without a job broke and no apology from the C's it happens every day and it is the good

that suffer, a liar and thief slinks off to a new location to fresh ground.

Everyone who is worried that our country would fall into kaos from a good public ass kicking

well look at what you have when people can say anything and get away with it.

punks run the streets and mouth off at their elders and police disrespect their parents

oh yea it's so much better when the legal system runs things LMAO

I remember when I was young a judge telling a man in court who was claiming injury because

of a fight over a statement he had made the judge told him

"what did you expect for running your mouth and saying it loud enough for everyone to hear"

basically that was that gavel bang and Mr. LUMPY limped off and learned to keep his mouth

shut unless he was speaking the truth, it would not change the outcome of the butt kicking

but he would have won the case....I worked for that judge, as I remember everyone thought

he was a great man as well as a judge.

what I worry about has already come to pass it is the other shoe that's about to fall is the

one I am waiting for.

when many of the laws and "decrees" while in office kick in and it will be too late and everyone

will know they had the rug jerked out from under them.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

My number one concern is an EMP event. I can see lots of scenarios where that would makes sense for an adversary to at least attempt. Any small nuclear device placed on a medium range missle and launched from a freighter in the gulf or off a coast would do the job. It would not need much accuracy or range, just height. With just a bit of deception it would be difficult for us to trace who actually did it. Minimum effort for maximum effect.

My second concern is for an astroid strike. Two hundred tons of meteors enter earth's atmospher each day. Our atmosphere protects us from meteors up to about 50 meters in size. On April 13, 2029, asteroid 2004 MN4 will fly past Earth only 18,600 miles above the ground. For comparison, geosynchronous satellites orbit at 22,300 miles. "At closest approach, the asteroid will shine like a 3rd magnitude star, visible to the unaided eye from Africa, Europe and Asia--even through city lights," says Jon Giorgini of JPL. This is rare. "Close approaches by objects as large as 2004 MN4 are currently thought to occur at 1000-year intervals, on average." Despite the near miss, I just donated $100 to the Planetary Society in response to a fund raising campaign they are running to help detect impactors far enough in advance that we have time to react.

There are other concerns of course, but I believe that either of these two events (unlikely I hope!) are the most plausible in our lifetimes.

lol that brought back a few funny memories.

LOL... yeah, here too. I just want him to see the humor and know he's got the right stuff and not to tread water, if he can't walk out, but he can swim for shore. I figure he's "one to ride the river with".

empty your mind......be formless, shapeless like water........you put water in a cup it becomes the cup

you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, put it in a teapot it becomes the tea pot, water can flow or it can crash.

be the water my friend.

With my luck, I'd be the water in a porcelin bowl..... just saying....lol

empty your mind......be formless, shapeless like water........you put water in a cup it becomes the cup

you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, put it in a teapot it becomes the tea pot, water can flow or it can crash.

be the water my friend.

dude...you been readin Cody's book again?...

hey folks have told us for yrs we were good for nothing. well again we proved them wrong.

if anything, we are good for a laugh. if ya cant laugh at yourself or with others, or at others whichever the case may be, then your quality of life isnt worth spit in a bucket. we are here to learn, to share, and to entertain if the post calls for it tinder.

Guest kevin

top three things huh. 1. global political melt down

2. food and water shortages

3. 7 billion ppl still breading like rabbits

hmmm. all seem interconnected.

top three things huh. 1. global political melt down

2. food and water shortages

3. 7 billion ppl still breading like rabbits

hmmm. all seem interconnected.

Ok this just got me thinking and I don't mean to hijack the thread but do you think there should be a limit on how many children we are allowed to have? like in China