Sign in to follow this  
awake

What Americans worry about.

The following results come directly from the survey….

Economic Collapse: 63%

Natural Disaster: 46%

Terrorist Attack: 44%

Global Disease Outbreak: 33%

Global War: 27%

Nuclear Accident: 25%

Global Warming: 22%

Fuel Shortage: 15%

Cyber War: 8%

Famine: 8%

Oil Spill: 6%

Industrial Accident: 5%

Zombies didnt make the list

Edited by awake

The following results come directly from the survey….

Economic Collapse: 63%

Natural Disaster: 46%

Terrorist Attack: 44%

Global Disease Outbreak: 33%

Global War: 27%

Nuclear Accident: 25%

Global Warming: 22%

Fuel Shortage: 15%

Cyber War: 8%

Famine: 8%

Oil Spill: 6%

Industrial Accident: 5%

Zombies didnt make the list

well, the top 3 on this list are in the media every day. so its safe to say that the public

is sorta preprogramed to fear the top 3 i think.

yeah so its programing i think for the first 3.

it doesnt make them or break them on the charts but i dont know if they would rank the same way

w/o the media's push. i also fear a day that (what if) we dont have folks like the people that make up this forum. wow, think of that. our kind have been around for centuries, what if some how our numbers shrink to almost nothing? who would keep us in the know? who would spread the word of the bad deeds going on?

who would we relate to ourselves? man what a scary thought.

I think the global pandemic is a result of any and all of TSHTF scenarios. These things are so interrelated that if one happens the others will follow.

Not on that list but new on my radar is drought and wild fire. That was a black swan for me and, yes, I feel dumb for letting it catch me like that! I'm working on my water preps but the fire issue is tougher. Working it though.

The lost of support that losing the internet would bring is a serious concern. Ham radio is a source but in an age where people text each other across a dinner table and are never off their cell phones, the loss of electronic interaction will lead to the kind of psychosis that withdrawing drug users face. It won't be pleasant.

There is a ham radio net http://theoriginalpreppernetworks.com/APRN/APRN_blog/ for preppers, you can even listen over the internet. To join you need a general class license (the first upgrade license) as Technician class license holders don't have privileges there. Radio might help some but the biggest fear of many people (albeit unrecognized by most) is the fear of isolation.

Just my not so humble opinion.

What i fear most is any emergency situation that devastates the population to the point that we lose our humanity. Civilization and culture could change so quickly that we lose who we are in the mist of a great calamity.

I agree with everyone that the first 3 are programmed into the "unknowing masses" mind but I do not believe that makes the threats any less of a reality. and I agree with ricksconnected what if we didn't have people to make up this forum? just more of a reason to prep and go down fighting of need be

Yep. fear sells news. all of these hit the new circuit on a regular basis. Even the CDC is using zombie apocalypse to get their message out.
lol i saw that, funny that fighting back or even having a defense weapon is never mentioned

I agree with everyone that the first 3 are programmed into the "unknowing masses" mind but I do not believe that makes the threats any less of a reality. and I agree with ricksconnected what if we didn't have people to make up this forum? just more of a reason to prep and go down fighting of need be

thank you sir for your comments and welcome to the forum.

hey it wasnt but a few yrs ago that "prepping" and "survivalist" werent use in common everday

conversations. thing is, there are many folks out there doing it they just dont know there is a name for it lol. im personally very greatful i have a forum i can come to and express my cares of the world and have a ton of cool folks willing to listen and give me feedback in both agreeing or disagreeing with me. either is ok with me, and i learn greatly from both. im also glad that this forum and the ideas behind it are becoming a everyday "LIFESTYLE" for me. "lifestyle" is the key word there. when it becomes a life style, its a part of you. i dont think its something you can rush, it grows at its own pace. thats why i said everyday its becoming a lifestyle.

did you notice in the pandemic section how 75% said they would wait for the govt. to give instructions and then they would get two weeks worth of food and water?? good luck with that.

Thats the problem with today's population. We put our kids in govt (public)schools where they are taught that the govt is the one to provide for and make the hard decisions for the good of all. So what we get is a bunch of people that look to govt as a little bird looks to its moma bird for its worm. People look at others that want to do for themselves as crack pots, or conspiracy theories. i miss the old days when people did for themselves and then helped each other with the things that they needed help with.

Thats the problem with today's population. We put our kids in govt (public)schools where they are taught that the govt is the one to provide for and make the hard decisions for the good of all. So what we get is a bunch of people that look to govt as a little bird looks to its moma bird for its worm. People look at others that want to do for themselves as crack pots, or conspiracy theories. i miss the old days when people did for themselves and then helped each other with the things that they needed help with.

RANT WARNING

What has always amazed me is that the same folks who curse at the IRS and DMV think "the government" is their guardian angel. For crying out loud, exactly who or what do they think the "government" is? I AM a mid-level government functionary! Do you REALLY want me and folks like me deciding your fate? People think of the elected clowns as government. THEY ARE NOT! Like the old Roman empire, it is the mid-level functionaries that make and enforce the rules that make our lives miserable. The ironic thing is that the taxpayers pay folks like me to make their lives miserable. I've always said we get the government we deserve, mores the pity.

END RANT

Thanks, guys. I feel much better now.:rolleyes:

all I can say

have faith and put it to work as in prepping for the top 3

remember faith without works is dead and so are you.

if you think someone is going to swoop in and save you.

you need 1200 calories a day + vitamin supplements {a one a day type}

and 3 quarts of water a day, tangle foot and blasters and BB's to keep it.

and the list of over 150 items so get going what are you waiting for me to

repost the list.

IMHO

Rant Warning (I like that Capt Bart)

Now just to play devil's advocate or at least the super pessimist...

I like that fema and the cdc are pushing for people to start preparations for disasters but they pass a law which can make it a crime to have such preparations. I see this as the gov't pushing to make us unknowing criminals, which as some have found out, leads to a letter stating you must turn in your weapons or face further legal action.

Some have heard my horror stories and why I do not trust any of the "alphabet soup". You want an eye opener, read L Fletcher Prouty's "The Secret team". All you must do is change "communism" with "terrorism" and we have a repeat from the 25 years written about (published in 1972).

My top stressor is losing my health, to the point of being unable to put all my preparations into practice.

# 2 is failing to consider what will turn out to be obvious in hindsight.

#3 is forgetting to enjoy the "now" while worrying about "then".

My top stressor is losing my health, to the point of being unable to put all my preparations into practice.

# 2 is failing to consider what will turn out to be obvious in hindsight.

#3 is forgetting to enjoy the "now" while worrying about "then".

Nice call out on #3.

yep #3

I have been prepping so long it really takes very little time so my life does not revolve around it

but I can see where it would seem so for non military and newb's it probably seems very daunting.

I have been to immersed in sh*t world for so many years I forget to realize that some never see

anything "BAD" except on the news and it so alien it does not register.