Sign in to follow this  
awake

Home Invasions

biblenguns,

I think you are just being prudent. I have a similar setup in my house, with a safe room and the like both upstairs and downstairs.

My goal is to protect my family from harm, and thieves can take whatever they can carry out. The plan is to hunker down and only use active measures if the invaders try to breach the safe room. I know some people disagree, but the lives of my wife and child mean more than the TV or a refrigerator.

good deal. now about those darn kids..........

dont let them ruin your spot. it dont take much for that to happen.

maybe a block meeting or something to let the other owners know that there are folks

that are aware of the goings ons. its a comfort to know that you have other people watching

as well as yourself for anything "strange" to happen.

Oh they know. "In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing." From Edward Burke. They know they are watched.

....but what I see in my part of the woods is a bunch of white under 30 punks who wanta be a black gangster..you know the type....hats on sideways....paints hanging off there ass.....and talking all kinds of trash....

I have a similar issue going on right now myself. We have had an increase in home invasions over the past few years so my radar goes off every time one of my motion sensor lights turn on or I hear any type of noise outside. I live in NY a little over an hour north of NYC in a normally quiet area. About a year ago a neighbor and his family moved in behind us (they share a common driveway with another neighbor that runs along the side my house) and their teenage son and his friends come in and out all hours of the night. I didn't think that much of it at first as I still remember what it was like at that age and they are usually quite and had not caused any trouble. Well about a week before christmas im laying on the couch at 1 am half asleep and my wife lets the dog out and is standing on the front porch waiting for him to do his business, all of sudden she opens the door and asks me to come out because a car keeps driving by the house real slow. So I usher her inside and grab the gun and stand out on the porch and wait for the dog. The car comes by again, goes past the house and down the hill towards a main road but stops on a pretty steep hill about 50' from the main road and is just sitting there with its foot on the break for about 10 minuets (not a place a person would normally stop). During this time I run and get my binoculars and I am watching the car, then suddenly the lights go off and the car gets put into park. So at this point my heart rate jumps up a level and I call 911, and they tell me they will send someone out to look into it. While we are waiting I decide to switch to a different vantage point to see if I could get a better view of what was going on in the car, as Im moving to a different window my wife starts yelling that some one is sprinting up the road, so I run over to the window to see this guy run past the house and turn down the driveway heading back to my neighbors house, which is a dead end. I lose sight of him and by the time I get to the back window he's gone and I can't find him, and the car he was in takes off. So at this point im at DEFCON 2, I tell my wife to lock herself upstairs in the bedroom with the dog, while I wait for the cops. Well another 10 minutes go by before I see the squad cars go by (Yea I know great response time, 20 Fing minutes). I tell them what happened and they go to the neighbors house to check on them. At this point I thinking that it was either the son who had snuck out and was coming home, however the parents tell the cops that the son was home all night and no one had come in. So now im really on high alert, but of course the cops weren't to concerned and rookie kept playing with the thumb brake on his holster, snapping it and then fastening it. I took everything in me not to scream at him. Anyway it was a sleepless night but nothing happened.

Long story made longer, I find out a couple of weeks later from a LEO buddy of mine that the son is actually running a little drug ring and that they have been watching him for a while. So now I am even more on edge then I use to be.

Edited by Juice94

sounds like if we live in the hood or the hills there is always someone that thinks theirs is whatever of mine they can take. that's why you have to take measures to protect yourself, your family and your property.