Sign in to follow this  
awake

EMP reading material

This was an ease the fear study for release to the public done in 2008 if you look at the study I posted in the BOV thread that study, EMP Mitigation - Protecting Land Mobile Vehicles from HEMP Threat Environment Publication Date: 02/2011. This report was briefed to DOD, NSC, DHS and the White House and is what the current U.S. projections are based on. The mathmatics for Faraday Cages and basic event numbers are posted in Questions about Faraday Cages page 2. To put it into perspective the Carrington Event was rated at 25 DB at 3 GHz I will let the math wiz's here convert it but it would be roughly 1500 times more powerful than your papers 50 KV/m and a five megaton atmospheric burst being roughly 4 times more powerfull than the Carrington Event.

Edited by warrior7r

Executive Brief

Electromagnetic Pulse & Geomagnetic

Storm Events

was presented and written by NERC (North American Electric Reliability Commision)

NERC established a partnership with the U.S. Department

of Energy to review the impacts of HILF events on the

bulk power system. This effort will be closely coordinated

with Canadian governmental authorities. NERC staff is

developing a charter for a joint government / industry

steering committee of subject-matter experts to continue

efforts to assess these risks and plan a fall 2009 or

winter 2009/2010 collaborative workshop. The goal of

this workshop will be to assess the effects of specific

HILF events and consider potential preventative and

planning measures to minimize their impacts on bulk

power system reliability. Recommendations and conclusions

resulting from this workshop will be used to set direction

for future activities.

In addition, in concert with its stakeholders, NERC will

work to coordinate various planning and mitigation actions

with North American governmental authorities and other

critical infrastructure sectors. A comprehensive, crosssector

approach will be needed to ensure North America is adequately protected from these threats.

NERC System Disturbance Analysis: 1989 Geomagnetic

Storm. August 1990.

http://www.nerc.com/files/1989-Quebec-Disturbance.pdf

For more information, contact:

Tim Roxey

Manager of Critical Infrastructure Protection

tim.roxey@nerc.net

Issued

This was an ease the fear study for release to the public done in 2008 if you look at the study I posted in the BOV thread that study, EMP Mitigation - Protecting Land Mobile Vehicles from HEMP Threat Environment Publication Date: 02/2011. This report was briefed to DOD, NSC, DHS and the White House and is what the current U.S. projections are based on. The mathmatics for Faraday Cages and basic event numbers are posted in Questions about Faraday Cages page 2. To put it into perspective the Carrington Event was rated at 25 DB at 3 GHz I will let the math wiz's here convert it but it would be roughly 1500 times more powerful than your papers 50 KV/m and a five megaton atmospheric burst being roughly 4 times more powerfull than the Carrington Event.

could you link us to that thread?

Warrior I looked at both articles and I don't see anything that indicates what you are saying. The first article is merely explaining how to protect a vehicle. The second article is much longer and although I didn't read the whole thing I was not able to find anything while scanning it to indicate what you previously mentioned. Could you cite the page#?

Warrior I looked at both articles and I don't see anything that indicates what you are saying. The first article is merely explaining how to protect a vehicle. The second article is much longer and although I didn't read the whole thing I was not able to find anything while scanning it to indicate what you previously mentioned. Could you cite the page#?

O.K. lets slow down a little the first paper I posted and the Faraday algorithms are from government studies not articles done by independent contractors and tests that were done for and at the request of the DOD recently. They directly refute the commissions publicly published findings but are in line with the DOD's nuke test findings from the fifties through the eighties and the commissions own shadow report to the POTUS, CotUS., DOD, NSC and DHS which is why the contractors were hired to find and report on possible solutions and why they have NERC briefing the DHS weekly I included the authors and contact info these reports while not classified are also not touted or referenced publicly. Take that for what it is worth, "exit" it is entirely on you I will offer nothing further than the unclass studies and findings I legally possess. They are in PDF format and I cannot load them to the Forum. So I give excerpts that are pertinet the the conversation you can ask on private email I didn't make it difficult Uncle already knows who and where we all are so there is no point in playing Cloak and Dagger especially for me Uncle has it all and has already probed every crevice of my life and recess of my mind. You do not always get the hard evidence (sometimes undeniable evidence or proof can send you away for a long time) so you have to judge for yourself based on the presented information. have fun with that. If someone else one here and you know who I am talking too wants to lay it out on the chopping block and is sure about there anonimity here is your chance

Guys,

Warrior is trying to make a delicate point. While things like Carrington events are well know and referenced, the exact force of the thing is hard to calculate since the instruments to measure it weren't available when it happen. That it did start fires in buildings and other structures that had wiring in them, not much else is known. No record of human injury other than some shock effects for telegraphers. Some telegraphers disconnected their batteries and ran for hours on the induced current (electron flow in a wire caused by a moving electromagnetic field - in this case the Earth's magnetic field).

The other type of pulse and/or EMP are those generated by nuclear weapons and in various labs. Anyone with detailed knowledge of these topics will not be posting their detailed knowledge for a couple of reasons. One reason is telling the bad guys how to make explosives (nuclear or otherwise) is a really bad plan A. The other is that much of what these folks know is classified to the highest levels. These levels are the ones where the guys in black suits with badges come, take you (note I did NOT say arrest), lock you in a little room, take the key and throw away the room! Identify yourself as having too much knowledge and any number of folks will be interested in 'talking' to you, not all of them friendly or nice.

I say this just to let everyone know that the occasional vague responses are not the result of being rude or uninformative. It may be that we are asking a question that we should not be asking. Every single person who has worked with security stuff works hard to stay within the public knowledge realm. Even if you no longer have a clearance, you are bound by the rules and your oath.

Thank you Capt for the on the money fine point I hate misinformation (pet peeve) people are here for info to make the best desicions for themselves and others andfeel that misinformation must be iluminated for what it is