Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

that dang common cold.

hi all

i started using essential oils.started using the ones in the bible,frankencense, myrra,garlic,oregeno,thyme, sage,to name a few.i put it in a medicine bag,with cotton to hold the oils.it has a odor that some people like it and some don't.but i started experimenting with it nov of 05 and haven't had the flu or cold since.where i got almost every year before.but it didn't stop sinus infections,ear infections.but if i added olive oil to weaken the essential oils so the oils wouldn't burn the skin,i could put drops in my ears and it would knock out the ear or sinus infection in 20 or 30 minutes.if you research the black plague,the people that survived wore medicine bags.not the ones that didn't.one thing i do is tracking,by doing this i have noticed how important the sence of smell is.wether its a ant,deer,wolf,fox.deer,wolf,fox will walk up to a mint field then change directions,not to enter the mint.there are also many bugs that wont niether.i figure germs and such,follow the same rules as the other creatures.this is not done in a lab,just observation.i have no college,but then maybe the woodsand farmlands are my lab.and on some things,i am my own test subject.

hi all

i started using essential oils.started using the ones in the bible,frankencense, myrra,garlic,oregeno,thyme, sage,to name a few.i put it in a medicine bag,with cotton to hold the oils.it has a odor that some people like it and some don't.but i started experimenting with it nov of 05 and haven't had the flu or cold since.where i got almost every year before.but it didn't stop sinus infections,ear infections.but if i added olive oil to weaken the essential oils so the oils wouldn't burn the skin,i could put drops in my ears and it would knock out the ear or sinus infection in 20 or 30 minutes.if you research the black plague,the people that survived wore medicine bags.not the ones that didn't.one thing i do is tracking,by doing this i have noticed how important the sence of smell is.wether its a ant,deer,wolf,fox.deer,wolf,fox will walk up to a mint field then change directions,not to enter the mint.there are also many bugs that wont niether.i figure germs and such,follow the same rules as the other creatures.this is not done in a lab,just observation.i have no college,but then maybe the woodsand farmlands are my lab.and on some things,i am my own test subject.

so where can we learn more about this type of thing? you have a site you use?

Good post Rick and good advice, Femvet and others.

Consider Vit C as a supplement, it doesn't cure a cold and you'll still get them, but you might have a couple less down days due to URIs. Saline spray is helpful, Benadryl 50mg for sleep, and all the other symptomatic meds should be in good quantity in your preps...

Dr. Bones

Hi, Rick,

Have written a lot of articles on the subject. Check these out:

Must-Have Antibiotics, Antifungals, and Antivirals

http://www.doomandbloom.net/2012/02/must-have-antibiotics-antifungals-and-antivirals.html

OTC Drugs for When You're the Doctor

http://www.doomandbloom.net/2012/01/over-the-counter-drugs-for-when-youre-the-doctor.html

Antibiotics and their Use in Collapse Medicine (4 part series)

http://www.doomandbloom.net/2011/11/antibiotics-and-their-use-in-collapse-medicinetm-part-1.html

Dr. Bones

Edited by DrBonesNurseAmy