Sign in to follow this  
bigmike811

brenneke?

hey ppl,

i have a smooth bore on my mossberg, i found this ammo recently that says on the box can be fired in smooth or rifled bores, im just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. they were like 5$ a box so i grabbed a couple when i saw them being that most slugs i see sold in stores are for rifled bores

with slugs used rifled slugs for smooth bore. the rifling on the slugs allow them to pass threw what ever choke you have and does not make the slug spin. rifled barrels use sabot slugs that are supposably more accurate but if your shooting at stuff that far you should stick with a rifle.

Brenneke is a quality shotshell maker, they are generally more expensive. I don't know if they make them anymore but I used their 16ga. slugs some years back with good results in an Ithaca Deerslayer which had a smooth bore.

Lightfighter, does your .45 take all hi-cap mags,Springfield,PARA,etc.?

Brenneke some of the best stuff as well as

DDupleks Monolit 32

I cannot remember which one is for smooth bore but it is like a old type sabot it flies like a shuttle cock

self righting and can hit a plate at 100 yards consistently the power is phenomenal

a 1 to 1/1/8th ounce slug moving at 1000 fps at 100 yards 50 caliber bullet

ouch... goes through a car door slick as snot and I do not think a aluminum block is going to like it either