Sign in to follow this  
kuzmajr

Best Fixed Blade under $50

Just starting out here and would like to purchase a fixed blade knife. I have plenty of pocket knives but am seeing a need for the fixed blade. All of the ones that I think look great are over my budget. What are your thoughts and reasons for choosing the fixed blade you have. What should I look for in a survival knife? I have a fixed blade Gerber skinner/knife for hunting but need something else for survival, and Oh, I would like to be below $50 and where should I start looking?

Thanks,

Ed

kuzmajr,

How big of a knife are you looking for? You may find something you like from here:

http://www.crkt.com/

I carry a Triumph N.E.C.K. Knife on my GHB and find it to be substantial enough for most things I need.

http://www.crkt.com/Crawford-NECK-KydexSheath

Although some people don't like Bear Grylls, there is no doubting that Gerber still makes some excellent knives and tool.

http://www.gerbergear.com/Survival/Knives

Are you familiar with Mora knives? They simply excellent at any price - and most of them are under $15.

My favs. Check them out for sure.

Also a knife that I originally hated but know Im starting to love is the Condor Bushlore. $23 I think.

Condor has many models also to fit many needs. Check out the Sapien, bushcraft's, and Nessmuk. And the Golok Machete.

Also for outdoors/ survival---

Gerber Big Rock, LMF

Cold steel - Finn Bear, Finn Wolf, pendelton lite, outdoorsman lite

Kershaw - antelope hunter, Bear hunter

Svord - Kiwi

SOG Seal Pup, Field Pup

All of these are high value knives under 50.

kuzmajr

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area.......check this out.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-hunting-survival-knife-90714.html. It's a rather large knife and shiney, but very light weight and has a few needed accy's. I wrapped a rubberized type of friction tape on the handle for a better grip..... I have 3 of them thanks to the price and the back saw actually works!! Besides, if you get into a confrontation... it's nice to have a long reach

Full tang it's not........maybe about half....... it's still pretty solid though. The heel is inbedded into the Bolster pretty darn tiight. I've put mine thru it's paces and it's still holding up pretty good. If someone was to pull this on me... it'll make me think twice!!!!!

Thanks for all of the replies. I will have to do some checking. I would like something maybe 12" overall length at the most, full tang, decent sheath. I really do not know what stayle just wondering what others are using.

Thanks,

Ed

i want to know what knife that is that cody lundin carries around his neck. anybody have any ideas?
I believe its a Mora #2 with a custom sheath. The knife is around $11.

Also I picked up mu Seal pup at Walmart for $47. Its the satin finish

Edited by droptrd

cold steel bushman

do not think its tough try to break it and it can be used as a spear and you can hammer its spine

through the toughest wood and it sharpens like a razor.

i have one of these as well. its BADASS! and strong as nails too.

wont bug out or go camping w/o it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• HELLO! WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF ILLUMINATI WORLD RICHES. Are you a business Man, politician, musical, student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati brotherhood, and receive a monthly salary of $500,000 USD. We are ready to change your life, we can make your Dreams come true, also we are going to give you everything that you need in this Life .... *Riches  *Power *Famous *Wealth  With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish,So have you make up your mind that you want to join the great Illuminati brotherhood to become rich and famous in life population and also you will be protected from all evils against you and your family.
      If you're really ready to be a member of the great Illuminati Brotherhood then contact us via WhatsApp:  +1 315 203 9948 or our official Email: {officialilluminati999@gmail.com} Visits our Websites for more info: https://illuminatiofficial666world.wordpress.com

• INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
      Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months! See how it works
      Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
      via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
      machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
      stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
      buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
      and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
      you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
      services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
      Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®
      Make up you mind before applying, straight deal... Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us

services, we are here for you anytime any day. Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS: Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
      Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!! The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
      email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com} Visit our Website for more Info: https://automatictellers.webs.com
      ®

®