Post Pics of your EDC

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 tinderwolf

tinderwolf

• Members
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Thought this was funny so I thought i would share. Over the holidays my family was over at my house and while my brother and I were out smoking he saw that I had two knives clipped onto my pants, one in my regular pocket and one in a lower pocket. He asked why I had two knives on me and I said "you never know, you might break one or lose one and I wouldn't want to be without a knife." He just gave me a wierd look and shook his head because he thought it was odd. I didn't push the conversation any further because it would have been pointless but it just goes to show you the differance between those who are prepared and those who are not. ( ps. I actually had four total knives on me at that point because I had my leatherman on my belt and another knife in my coat that I was sharpening in the garage, but he didn't need to know that=)

#22 ricksconnected

ricksconnected

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

im tellin him. lol

#23 Ruger92

Ruger92

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

hey wolf thats is odd almost the same thing happened to me this past christmas......we had a sunroom added on to our house a few years ago and it has kinda become my mancave i have all my guns, knifes, computer and of course my I LOVE ME wall which is all the letters and certicicates i received while in the army...but anyways i keep mine and my wifes BOB in the that room....we had some friends over. Well we all ate and me and one of my friends decided to step outsiude for a smoke.....i closed the sliding glass and my friend said "hey whats in those green backpacks"....well i tried to explain to him about when the smoke is popped and SHTF.....well i could tell right off i was talking to someone who had no idea what survival was about.....and yep you are right some people just don't get it.
Train The Way You Will Fight In Combat Fight In Combat The Way You Was Trained

#24 Ruger92

Ruger92

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

hey CCsir,,,,thanks for the comment..i found it works well for me
Train The Way You Will Fight In Combat Fight In Combat The Way You Was Trained

#25 ricksconnected

ricksconnected

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

well i could tell right off i was talking to someone who had no idea what survival was about.....and yep you are right some people just don't get it.

ok ruger92, you, should you choose to accept it, have a job to do. recruit your friend and help him save his and his loved ones lives. teach him prep and survival. the way i see it, its our job to teach and train. as soon as someone rejects the info, stop and move on. you cant teach someone who doesnt want to learn.
you gotta figure bro, when someone doesnt have a clue, then all of a sudden he/her is pounded with tons of info on the subject and also they are learning some very scary things they never thought of before and learn just how close of a reality all of it could be in their own lives, thats some tough shiot to take in bro.
this is why im convinced that newbie have a better chance at getting others involved. why ya ask? well, a newbie has just enough info to make it "attractive" and interesting. the rest of us have enough info to scare the hell out of them lol.

#26 101matt

101matt

• Moderators
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:29 AM

I must tell you all about Christmas.
I gave the 4 nurses that I work with small flash lites with a bit of para cord on them .
They said "WHY" I responded that they started at 7am and it is dark in the winter and you leave at 7pm and its dark.So just in case you need some lite.3 out of 4 were polite and nodded,the other asked whats this cord?I responded that it could be used for different things,trying to be carefull not to OVER sell.I reminded her of what I carry in my lunch box,food in small cans gator aid(ready to mix)and a quart of mixed.
ok so it got 1 out of 4 thinking ....
Thats all we can do,You can bait the hook but the fish has to bite it.
JMHO
"you cant Fix stupid" so stop trying..................

#27 ___

___

• Members
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

current events make excellent bait for your hook

#28 Guest_survival101_*

Guest_survival101_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Okay, weighing in for the average citizen woman. Here's what I have, not what I know I should have. This has been my daily carry for a while. Plan to supplement it with a small folding poncho, a Platypus bottle and some hi-cal meal bars from Forge. Trailbar, fully charged cell phone, two lanyards, whistle, keys, shiny round keychain for signalling, plastic poop bags that may come in handy to keep something waterproof, survival bracelet, microfiber cloth, flashlight with wrist lanyard, two knives (one is multi-use), partial or full lip balms, lip gloss (mineral oil), two pens, ID/DL, Med cards, Debit card (you never know), half dozen bandaids for cuts and blisters, and some folding cash in a lightweight camo colored nylon purse with multiple compartments. It needs some improving, but it's better than a lot of folks. Advice is more than welcome. Janet

Attached File  003.JPG   49.76KB   33 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.JPG   57KB   49 downloads
  • Attached File  002.JPG   56.85KB   42 downloads

#29 ricksconnected

ricksconnected

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

willie better have something good happening to top that EDC.

#30 silverwolf55

silverwolf55

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:11 AM

survival101
Just a suggestion I would add a bic lighter, a small note pad, and maybe a button compass. It seems you have it covered otherwise. Excellent EDC

#31 Guest_survival101_*

Guest_survival101_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

will do. thanks.

#32 tinderwolf

tinderwolf

• Members
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

im tellin him. lol

Better not Rick!lol Thanks to others fro sharing their similar stories.

#33 ricksconnected

ricksconnected

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Better not Rick!lol Thanks to others fro sharing their similar stories.

geez where you been tinder?

#34 blacjac

blacjac

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

hi all
same type of story here.i guess like it says in the bible,of whats going to happen.and that most will be blind. so until it bites them ,they can't see it.

#35 heavy chevy

heavy chevy

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

So here is my attempt at reviving this thread.
I have this insulated lunch box type bag that I carry a small amount of backup stuff that never really gets any use aside from snacks and gum. I live and go to school in the city, So I'm never really in need. I mostly ride public transportation (bus and train) so i keep it minimal and in the this pouch so I can move it from pack to pack. I keep my keys and stuff and that little swiss knife sees many uses daily. Im pretty comfortable with my set up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 onetime

onetime

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

this entire "rotation" idea is stupid. You'll be reaching to the wrong place, grabbing the wrong thing, when under stress. Cops should not be wearing their taser for a right handed draw, but instead require that draw to be left handed. OK had a case where a cop meant to draw his taser and zap a downed, held (several cops) but resisting perp. Instead, the cop shot him dead. When your life is saved or lost in the next half second, dont have any question, subconscious or not, where you're going to reach, what you're going to grab, how it works or what you're going to do with it.  Several times in my life, my gun felt like it "grew out of my wrist", magically. I didn't at all remember the draw.  The speed and surprise prevented my having to fire.  If you hit somebody with a bullet, especially a woman or minority youth, it's going to cost you $50,000-1/2 million $ to stay out of prison and "un-sued".  So dont be so slow that the perp has no time to see your gun and stop his attack. Most attacks are not made with a gun. So theres often 1/2 second or so "in the mix" that will allow for a REALLY fast draw to change his mind!

#37 SuperMoose

SuperMoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

Ok, onetime. What you are saying is that a police officer can't tell the difference between his fully loaded side arm and his taser? The issue is not the speed of the draw...this is not the wild west. The issues is conflict resolution and descalation, which, apparently isn't taught to police officers anymore....

• juzcallmesnake, P210SIG and wally like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq