Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CCSir

Post Pics of your EDC

37 posts in this topic

I must tell you all about Christmas.

I gave the 4 nurses that I work with small flash lites with a bit of para cord on them .

They said "WHY" I responded that they started at 7am and it is dark in the winter and you leave at 7pm and its dark.So just in case you need some lite.3 out of 4 were polite and nodded,the other asked whats this cord?I responded that it could be used for different things,trying to be carefull not to OVER sell.I reminded her of what I carry in my lunch box,food in small cans gator aid(ready to mix)and a quart of mixed.

ok so it got 1 out of 4 thinking ....

Thats all we can do,You can bait the hook but the fish has to bite it.

JMHO

Okay, weighing in for the average citizen woman. Here's what I have, not what I know I should have. This has been my daily carry for a while. Plan to supplement it with a small folding poncho, a Platypus bottle and some hi-cal meal bars from Forge. Trailbar, fully charged cell phone, two lanyards, whistle, keys, shiny round keychain for signalling, plastic poop bags that may come in handy to keep something waterproof, survival bracelet, microfiber cloth, flashlight with wrist lanyard, two knives (one is multi-use), partial or full lip balms, lip gloss (mineral oil), two pens, ID/DL, Med cards, Debit card (you never know), half dozen bandaids for cuts and blisters, and some folding cash in a lightweight camo colored nylon purse with multiple compartments. It needs some improving, but it's better than a lot of folks. Advice is more than welcome. Janet

post-1773-13851497797001_thumb.jpg

post-1773-13851497796711_thumb.jpg

post-1773-13851497796854_thumb.jpg

hi all

same type of story here.i guess like it says in the bible,of whats going to happen.and that most will be blind. so until it bites them ,they can't see it.

So here is my attempt at reviving this thread.

I have this insulated lunch box type bag that I carry a small amount of backup stuff that never really gets any use aside from snacks and gum. I live and go to school in the city, So I'm never really in need. I mostly ride public transportation (bus and train) so i keep it minimal and in the this pouch so I can move it from pack to pack. I keep my keys and stuff and that little swiss knife sees many uses daily. Im pretty comfortable with my set up.

F2859ABD-D19E-4CD8-BB50-94614A3A9489-8057-0000062AF08CA06F_zpsbb5bc33e.jpg

61F11FF5-E612-4CF2-BE07-9382F0B8370F-8057-00000629FBC610A7_zpsd0e55fe3.jpg

2F250DD9-C5FD-4227-8F0A-0AF4E7447E15-8057-000006297B8D0B8A_zps6b4e64d3.jpg

74E75ED8-B492-491F-AA97-67F0312F4FCA-8057-000006297322703A_zps3892de7d.jpg

this entire "rotation" idea is stupid. You'll be reaching to the wrong place, grabbing the wrong thing, when under stress. Cops should not be wearing their taser for a right handed draw, but instead require that draw to be left handed. OK had a case where a cop meant to draw his taser and zap a downed, held (several cops) but resisting perp. Instead, the cop shot him dead. When your life is saved or lost in the next half second, dont have any question, subconscious or not, where you're going to reach, what you're going to grab, how it works or what you're going to do with it.  Several times in my life, my gun felt like it "grew out of my wrist", magically. I didn't at all remember the draw.  The speed and surprise prevented my having to fire.  If you hit somebody with a bullet, especially a woman or minority youth, it's going to cost you $50,000-1/2 million $ to stay out of prison and "un-sued".  So dont be so slow that the perp has no time to see your gun and stop his attack. Most attacks are not made with a gun. So theres often 1/2 second or so "in the mix" that will allow for a REALLY fast draw to change his mind!

Ok, onetime. What you are saying is that a police officer can't tell the difference between his fully loaded side arm and his taser? The issue is not the speed of the draw...this is not the wild west. The issues is conflict resolution and descalation, which, apparently isn't taught to police officers anymore....