Sign in to follow this  
heyboi

what 10 items would you pick for the Alone TV show?

This is an old list, a few things have changed. You can have a slingbow, you  can have 9 arrows, not just 6. the gillnet is now just 50 sq ft, making it worthless. You can't have a bear canister any more, the food rations are now just 2 lbs each, making them not worth taking.

Lots of YT vids about this show.  5 seasons now, fattest guy has always won.  Season four had 7 teams of 2 family members per team.

https://morethanjustsurviving.com/alone-season-1-survival-gear/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alone+tv+show

why a reaction instead of a listing of your gear choices? Many highly effective things can't be taken, like a gun, ENOUGH netting, steel traps, cable snares, water filter.  

Of the items possible, I'd take the 2 person cotton rope hammock, and the 12x12 tarp, and make netting out of both, as well as out of half of the 20x20 tarp. A 20x20 can be cut up to make 4   10x10's and they also give you a 10x10, so a couple of them is enough shelter. That leaves a 10x10 to be made into a poncho, chaps, cover for your seep well, water filter, etc. If another competitor outweighs you by 60 lbs (which is commonlyly the case) you have to find a way to eat 180,000 calories more than they do, or you can't beat them, unless they are foolish enough (like Fowler) to waste time and calories on doing un-needed things.

I'd take a Cold Steel shovel, modified to have 8" of saw edge, a modified Crunch multitool, a 5 qt skillet with lid, the fishing kit (as 8 treblehooks, 4 of them being big ones, for wiring wolves and big cats to drag logs) the snarewire, one of Chief Aj's slingbows (most arrows featuring fluflu fletching and 4-tined fishing heads,  the big roll of duct tape. If I was going to be on the sea coast, I'd take a sleeping bag ,but if not, I'd want the 3 lb block of salt. You've got to catch 600 lbs of fish in a month, and that means you'll have to preserve 150 lbs of fish. Dipping their flesh in a salty brine, before cold smoking them, will go a long ways towards preserving the dried fish.