Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

God told me........

what you guys think about this one?

I think I couldn't give two poops about anything the Huffington Post has to say.

About the video? What ever Pat thinks I guess. He's aloud to believe anything he wants, just as you or I am aloud to believe what we want. Fortunately, the media could care less what I think. :D

I'll play... on the message, not the messenger...

Economic collapse will be the big event... Seems plausible. Argentina and Greece are good recent examples even if their governments were messed up more than ours. Seems like much of the world is either in poverty or ready to collapse under debt.

That being said, I can't take anyone who says "God told me" seriously. I bet he's just reading the paper. :-p

I'll play... on the message, not the messenger...

Economic collapse will be the big event... Seems plausible. Argentina and Greece are good recent examples even if their governments were messed up more than ours. Seems like much of the world is either in poverty or ready to collapse under debt.

That being said, I can't take anyone who says "God told me" seriously. I bet he's just reading the paper. :-p

thank you for replying to the "message" part.

i agree with you on this. i too think pretty much most of the world is in trouble and a inch away from collapse.

The Huffington Post is a VERY left leaning organization, has been for a long time.

As to the actual message, I didn't listen to it all. I'm not going to call into question one's standing with God. I'm a born again Christian, I believe God can and does speak through people, even today. Some laugh at it and those who believe in it...oh well. However Pat Robinson has had some very radical statements proceed from his mouth in the past several years and THAT makes me leery of anything he says. I tend to agree with idea that America will fall from the inside. Look at all the past, Rome, for example. Very powerful nation, conquered most of the known world at that time. They fell from the inside. I believe that there is a coordinated effort, whether it be class warfare or branding citizens, such as the documents which came out a year or so ago stating that "White males, veterans, gun owners, etc" were potential terror threats, will be used to tear this country apart. While I don't know if one man will do it, Obama has most certainly done a good share of the work.

Not denying the message. Guess I snapped a little too quickly. My apologies to everyone, but when I see something from MSNBC, the Huffington Post, or ANY of them, (including Faux News and the like as well) I know they have an agenda......and it never seems to be one that I agree with.

Will there be an economic collapse? Probably. It's inevitable if you look at history. Is it going to be this year? Not sure I (being a Christian) want to jump on Pat Robertson's band wagon. I will just keep preparing the way I have been and hope for the best.

OK, I track this stuff fairly closely because I am often asked about "the Church's position" on this that or the other. I happen to think that economic collapse, followed by a pandemic as medical services fail is the most likely scenario based on history. I think anyone with a grasp of history can see it coming. All that said, there are a couple of things to consider about any 'end of world' prediction.

First, the canon of divinely revealed truth was sealed in the 4th century. Anything since then is a "private revelation" that may be believed or not as one sees fit. I think some are more worthy of belief than others but none can contradict Scripture.

Second, private revelation, even if valid, comes to us through fallible human beings. While Scripture has the guarantee of accuracy, private revelation does not. It may or may not be accurately passed along.

Palin had it right - 'Lame Stream Media'. I refer to them as 'Pravda' (Russian for 'Truth'; the name of the official Soviet newspaper; Truth - yeah, right) but in any case I have seen reports of events that I took part of and have to wonder if we were at the same event. They are pushing a progressive agenda and don't ever let truth stand in the way of their story.

The Parousia (second coming) has at least two conditions - one it will be a surprise ("no one knows the hour ...." per Jesus Himself) and two, certain conditions about Israel must be fulfilled. Since the conditions are not met and since these folks are pointing to a firm date I have to be skeptical.

Pat Robinson is entitled to his opinions/belief. I am under no obligation to put any faith in what he thinks. Where we agree, we agree but neither he nor I have any authority to speak for the Lord. If you are a non-Catholic Christian, you must believe that each person interprets Scripture for themselves. If you are a Catholic you must believe in the authority of the Bishop of Rome (the pope as successor to St. Peter) has been given the authority to interpret (not create or add too, but interpret) the scripture.

If you are not a Christian, even an atheist, Wiccan, Pagan, Hindu or what ever, you can look at history and draw the parallels with the Weimar Republic in Germany or France of the late 18th century or even Argentina, Soviet Russia or a host of other failed states.

Just my not so humble opinion, of course, but in this case I am very right.:confused:

Not denying the message. Guess I snapped a little too quickly. My apologies to everyone.....

none needed CCSir. yes the message was the important part, not the messenger.

jonM1911

i do not question the mans christian faith. thats not for me or anybody else to do. none can tell you for sure whats in anothers heart reguarding his relationship with God/Christ. he might be a little out there with some of the things he says, but sometimes so am i. there is no question the things the man has done over the yrs in the name of the Father. surely he will have his rewards.

OK, I track this stuff fairly closely because I am often asked about "the Church's position" on this that or the other. I happen to think that economic collapse, followed by a pandemic as medical services fail is the most likely scenario based on history. I think anyone with a grasp of history can see it coming. All that said, there are a couple of things to consider about any 'end of world' prediction.

First, the canon of divinely revealed truth was sealed in the 4th century. Anything since then is a "private revelation" that may be believed or not as one sees fit. I think some are more worthy of belief than others but none can contradict Scripture.

Second, private revelation, even if valid, comes to us through fallible human beings. While Scripture has the guarantee of accuracy, private revelation does not. It may or may not be accurately passed along.

Palin had it right - 'Lame Stream Media'. I refer to them as 'Pravda' (Russian for 'Truth'; the name of the official Soviet newspaper; Truth - yeah, right) but in any case I have seen reports of events that I took part of and have to wonder if we were at the same event. They are pushing a progressive agenda and don't ever let truth stand in the way of their story.

The Parousia (second coming) has at least two conditions - one it will be a surprise ("no one knows the hour ...." per Jesus Himself) and two, certain conditions about Israel must be fulfilled. Since the conditions are not met and since these folks are pointing to a firm date I have to be skeptical.

Pat Robinson is entitled to his opinions/belief. I am under no obligation to put any faith in what he thinks. Where we agree, we agree but neither he nor I have any authority to speak for the Lord. If you are a non-Catholic Christian, you must believe that each person interprets Scripture for themselves. If you are a Catholic you must believe in the authority of the Bishop of Rome (the pope as successor to St. Peter) has been given the authority to interpret (not create or add too, but interpret) the scripture.

If you are not a Christian, even an atheist, Wiccan, Pagan, Hindu or what ever, you can look at history and draw the parallels with the Weimar Republic in Germany or France of the late 18th century or even Argentina, Soviet Russia or a host of other failed states.

Just my not so humble opinion, of course, but in this case I am very right.:confused:

geez capt. at some point you will have to stop this madness, as im running out of mountaindew. :P

again sir i raise my glass. very well said here and easily understood for everybody reading.

im very glad we see eye to eye on yet another topic of interest.

oh and for what its worth, most of us tune in to your posts Sir to read your "not so humble opinion".

it does make a difference indeed. thank you.

I agree,comeing from a Southern Bastist upbring(Fire and Brinmstone,boy u best get saved) attitude and fear about the end times and whos going to do what?

Well after many years of study and going to many churches(Church of the Breathern)( United Methodise)(Pentacostal)(Independent)well all I got to say is"Dad is looking down having a lauph"

For me its about washing anothers mans feet,keeping it real and understanding if I need to know"Dad will let me know" see he is our DAD.

JMHO...I will go get the towels and basins boys,somebody heat up the water please.

And yes I have been in a Church that was 1000 years old in Germany,it was a Catholic Church and the spirit of God was there.

Edited by 101matt

Seems the consensus here is that "the event" will be economic collapse. If that's the case, where are you guys putting your "nest egg"? I have a little money still in the market and I'm scared as hell about that.

Gold's too damned expensive. Silver is reasonable. Cash in a mattress (and certainly in the bank) may never be worth much again. If you over-prep and nothing happens, your nest egg is spent.

Seems the consensus here is that "the event" will be economic collapse. If that's the case, where are you guys putting your "nest egg"? I have a little money still in the market and I'm scared as hell about that.

Gold's too damned expensive. Silver is reasonable. Cash in a mattress (and certainly in the bank) may never be worth much again. If you over-prep and nothing happens, your nest egg is spent.

well property right now is a good investment.

find you a good FDIC bank and put your mony there. thing is, never put all your eggs in the same basket anyways.

MikeE,

Interestingly enough, I think the preps you make for financial collapse are the same you should be making for almost everything. What I mean by that is to pay down debt and get the things you'd need if you're out of work for 6 months or so.

Cash is a good idea if you have the others taken care of. I suggest enough cash to live 3 months without a job. It makes a great "instant reserve". There will be a point after TSHTF and before everyone knows it is TEOTWAWKI when green backs will still be accepted. You might be paying $100 a gallon for fuel but IF you have the cash, then you can have fuel. If the banks are down for 3 weeks (post IKE) then you have cash for necessities. If the car dies and you need a repair, the cash is in the drawer. This is your emergency, the bank is closed and I MUST HAVE money source.

Not a fan of gold. Gold is for economic survival. If everything else is taken care of, sure, why not, but until the recovery is well started precious metals aren't worth much. If you are trying to buy something from me and what you have is a gold coin, then that's the price of the item - there won't be any change. Silver is better for this time. Which would be better for a tank of gas - 4 silver dollars or one gold maple leaf? Silver is much more flexible and can be made into bullets (ask the Lone Ranger) if need be.

The money I have in the market is mostly retirement stuff. At my age, I can get it out but I'm not doing so. Frankly, I don't consider it until I have cashed out so if it goes away, I haven't lost what I never had. In a couple of years, IF it is still there, I'll take it and retire. Until then, it sits where it is. IF the government survives TSHTF, it may well take steps to protect retirement plans or it may just make them a part of social security and there we are. What ever happens, taking it out early flags your transactions for scrutiny.

well property right now is a good investment.

find you a good FDIC bank and put your mony there. thing is, never put all your eggs in the same basket anyways.

Arrgh. Property. I thought so too. Having lived in my current home since the 80's, it's free and clear so the genius that I am, I decided to build my future retirement home (I'm 55 now) in coastal NC. Closed the loan in April of '08. I intended to sell my current home in a few years and pay off the new one with those proceeds. As they say, the rest is history, given the housing bubble burst later that fall. Unlike all the 20-20 hindsight a$$holes coming out of the woodwork now, saying they saw it coming, I did not. Now I own a home that's 30% underwater. So, I'm kinda stuck with that....and I can't even use it as a BOL since it's an 11 hour drive.

I agree with you (somewhat) Rick. Had I waited (my timing has always sucked. :D) I could get a comparable house for a lot less. On the other hand, many folks are saying to stay away from buying RE altogether...of course those are the guys that want to sell you gold, so who knows what to believe. If I had it to do all over again now, I would buy a small piece of farmland in BFE-KY

Capt.makes a great point,hold what you have.

JMHO..its about land,they dont make it anymore,but i saw land go from $900. an acre to $2000 and acre in 99 because of Y2K.Can you say fear and smart marketing by the local sellers.Its starting to come down a bit but not much.

As people need money they will sell,just research and remember the sales person gets a huge cut so dont beleve a word of the "SALES Pitch".

Im looking for 10 acres myself.

I agree,comeing from a Southern Bastist upbring(Fire and Brinmstone,boy u best get saved) attitude and fear about the end times and whos going to do what?

Well after many years of study and going to many churches(Church of the Breathern)( United Methodise)(Pentacostal)(Independent)well all I got to say is"Dad is looking down having a lauph"

For me its about washing anothers mans feet,keeping it real and understanding if I need to know"Dad will let me know" see he is our DAD.

JMHO...I will go get the towels and basins boys,somebody heat up the water please.

And yes I have been in a Church that was 1000 years old in Germany,it was a Catholic Church and the spirit of God was there.

One of my favorite sermons is from Jonathan Edwards - the "You are sinners in the hand of an ANGRY GOD!" sermon. OK, not exactly a "Catholic" sermon but it is an attention getter when properly delivered. This stuff sends chills down your spine!

My first year in Germany, my bride and I went to midnight mass at the monastery in Braubach, Germany. It was rebuilt the second time in 1490! The steps were worn into a groove from centuries of monks going into the chapel to pray. There is a church in Assisi that began life as a temple to Minerva 40 BC or so. There is a part of the floor that hasn't been covered over so you can actually see the original floor. You can 'feel' the presence of people praying for a couple of millennia.

The spiritual side of we humans is often over looked but we do that at our peril. The greater the stress, the more we recognize our need for the spiritual side of our lives. Not a great many atheist in the foxholes.

Problem is, of course, when the end doesn't come on schedule then the moral authority of the 'prophet' is gone. That does damage to not just his reputation, which is justified, but to the faith he professes and uses as a credential for his prophecy.

Yes and AMEN..

Thanks Capt.Bart,I just felt my fathers hand on my shoulder(biolical) and him asking if I was ok?

I smiled and said,Im ok be there when the Lords ready to have me.Aparentley hes not done with me.LOL