Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Food Stamps

Food stamps, the abuse of the system.

Trading food stamps for money to buy other things Snowflakes don’t really need.

I’m glad Trump is putting an end to this abuse.

Now they get American MRE’s and they are still complaining. 

In the Holy Bible it states, if a person is unwilling to work, nor shall they eat.

The free buffet is over.

What say you, is President Donald Trump doing the right thing.

the real problem is not the program, it is the lack of integrity of the people running the programs. All that has to be done is to e-verify the stores where cards are used any other dismemberment would be rejected, you cannot use a gas card for things other than fuel unless the card allowed for it, so you can't use it at liquor store or to bail out of jail.

It's only an opinion but most look at this problem from the wrong end of the telescope the big picture is the punishment is not severe enough for lawbreaker companies like complete confiscation of the business jail time and loss of property. There is more punishment for illegal hunting and fishing here if your caught they take all your tackle and your vehicle and a fine for each illegally caught or killed animal and a BIG fine it is not a secret. The Government has funds for signs but they need to advertise new better laws and punishments, they do it about DWI's,  For the card holder make it a felony similar to a DWI loose the card for a year a big fine taken from their already pathetic income and 90 days day for day jail time no exclusions no exemptions, children go to CPS.

There are a host of services these people get like help with, like rent,  once a year utilities help, medicaid, food bank and a lot of other helps. If a person that hold a card commits fraud, and that is what it is fraud, against the government that is a felony and all their services should be terminated on an absolute and escalating basis. like driving license if you get 3 driving while intoxicated or DUI's or DWI's you loose them permanently, but each time the penalty escalates.

WE NEED Drug testing if your supposedly unable to make enough to feed yourself or family then you cannot afford alcohol, tobacco or Illicit drugs and you should loose your services if caught committing crimes, and that should cause immediate termination of any and all services. How about truancy make it where if the children do not make it to school the parent gets a cut for every day the child misses and if they are not in school no benefits unless they are disabled.

This is simple, I can say that here if your drivers license lapses you cannot cash a check or access your account and sometimes they suspend your account, if you do not pay your property tax you cant renew your drivers license so all of these punishments can include and daisy chain / dovetail into welfare services. 

One of my pet peeves is the automatic increase of food stamps if another child is born, that is totally ludicrous, you don't get more insurance if you have more wrecks, go to a party and when your host hands you a drink pour it out and see how many more you get. these are the people that need to use FRIGGIN birth control and TOLD your not a baby factory we are not paying for you to be a whore we ain't your John or sugar daddy.

Security should be a photo on the card so no one else can use it anyone that does not check the card against the person in front of them, they get fired or arrested --- try to buy tobacco or beer in the U.S. I'm old but they card me any way and they know me and yet under law there is no excuse so every time I buy I get carded  PERIOD. This is laziness on the part of the store and the government to put limitations and demand accountabilit.

Another issue all people in government get votes from these food stamp card holders, non citizens / illegal aliens are allowed all the services working Americans are NOT this is the criminal act of government, defrauding the taxpayer funding their campaigns with our tax dollars to criminal aliens as they are illegally here and stealing our services we paid for. this is soft peddling to garnish votes pandering

Food boxes are waste, in this country we have EVERY nationality race creed and color and they all eat ethnic foods or individuals have allergies or diseases that will not allow them to eat MRE's certain drugs you cannot eat certain foods like dairy or grapefruit nuts or -- well allergies are too many to list it is better more efficient and puts dollars into the local economies.

The elephant in the room is all the extra garbage this will create all kinds of blowback MRE's type meals are mostly trash and it is not the garbage that degrades and if people do not like it they will still have to accept it and will trade it so the initial problem will still exist waste illegal trading and I know from my own experiences in the hoods of America it just will increase crime for cash prostitution and all the other petty peripheral crimes numbers gambling smash & grab purse snatching and  e dumps will be overflowing with this crap even our soldiers are not a fan I do know some that love them but, they are the few the proud and the ones who's mother never learned to cook or can't even though they try.

the other is the Ecological component or disaster, it is the extra fuel if it is only a gallon a day for area it is more for a zip code, more garbage more fuel, As far as what I heard it was not MRE's but more regional harvested foods so if you live in dairy country milk cheese butter yogurt etc etc if you have a milk allergy that kinda sucks every region has out of season foods so much of the year certain foods would not be available and need to be trucked in, and then there have to be workers to fill the food boxes, by the way boxes and bags do not magically appear they have to be trucked in,  And I have never NEVER seen any transportation without damage areas being missed wrecks of vehicles and the natural depletion of equipment like hand trucks tables the increase of space / rent -- the sending of food and clothing and house wares cleaning supplies is called the second disaster all the man hours to load, fuel, drive and disperse the stuff costs much more and more is damaged or destroyed and all along the chain people cherry pick the best for themselves or steal so you have the same problems  manifesting in unpredictable ways and new problems -- you get nothing for nothing and change for a mammoth like government is asking for a Titanic size Fork-up ! My garbage gets missed I have to call for a SPECIAL pickup more fuel same for a missed food delivery. then you will need a complaint department a reissue line and a person to do the special delivery and bring back and check it to make sure there is no scam going on, like the TV in a box scam.

If we cut off illegal aliens people with ongoing criminal records and users of alcohol tobacco or illegal drugs we could save more than this debauchery of an Idea I love Trump but this idea STINKS.

My ability to reason this ? because I have lived in the hoods been overseas where physically distributed food is more waste than actual help, some of it is thrown away and the piles of stinking garbage left is even worse.

Corruption is ripe if you think farmers are going to give their best or even good stuff you nuts, I worked in prisons the lesser is for the convicts and the better and best is sold for more money, so eventually we will be jailing more people for fraud corruption and conspiracy because money corrupts and food has value and thus it is money-- that is the cause for this ill conceived idea in the beginning instead of insuring only the card holder gets help we are adding another layer of corruption.

Digital cash is the least intrusive and inexpensive way to "help" those that abuse it need to be excluded from it, what this won't stop is the cash option on food stamp cards as there will still be cards they are decreased not eliminated so the problem is not changed at all it's just convoluted and will evolve into another monster.

Any dope dealer will tell you once anything passes through many hands it gets stepped on / diluted  some stolen it comes in pure and the  last in line gets the dregs, skimming a portion of a gram it does not take that long to amass a quantity of great value, it wont be any different especially if the government handles it.

You can bet your azz if some farm boy gets in he will be feeding his show hog off the stuff he can get,

Well I keep coming up with ideas how about refers (refrigerators) or AC and heat for the people to work and the food not to get soft and packing you cannot put bread or eggs on the bottom of a sack or box I tried and do not recommend it. We have had outbreaks of illnesses from fresh produce and fruit so again a tracking system and replacement and or if these are not separated the leaves of spinach touching the other vegetables contaminate them ? how about the increase in hospitalization for those illnesses, allergies and do not forget the warmer packs in MRE's if that is the way the government decides, you can bet some enterprising street hood will find a way to make a new drug or to enhance a drug or use the heat to make a drug out of the heat packs or a new way to employ them in crime or making nasty presents for those they don't like........

This is bad as an idea and as a potential problem/s that will crop up (pun intended) ----how about drought corn prices swing wild so, no more corn as it is too valuable in hard times --- look at Venezuela as the items they can get becomes scant the get more of what is abundant is added  or nothing at all, another is fresh rots quicker gets bruised Nature is too fickle that is why I'm a prepper, your a prepper, and shouldn't you be a prepper too !

Sorry got carried away :P

Well I'm back

Food is a valuable commodity so you would need security if it does not run 24/7 then another issue if 3 shifts so you need supervisors more money. workman's comp or on the job injuries lifting and repetitive injuries.

Logistically I have considered the equipment fork lifts, dollies, carts, hand trucks, metal racking / shelving, conveyors pallets, pallet jacks. mops mop buckets shovels or scoops cleaning items gloves, hairnets, lab coats chairs stools computers special requirements IE loading docks access to the produce or to get it from farm to warehouse. As far as I know even if it is just MRE's they only produce them in a half dozen locations and ship them via truck, ship and rail,

MRE packaging is composed of thick, but flexible, aluminum and plastic layers made into a pouch. It is essentially a can, but it is lighter and it is a flat shape, which makes it easier to carry and store.

The thermo-stabilized pouches provide a long stable shelf life without refrigeration. It is also designed to withstand rough conditions and exposure to the elements. The MRE package is officially known as a tri-laminate retort pouch. The pouch is opened from the top and easily provides access to the contents.

MRE pouches have been tested and redesigned where necessary according to standards much stricter than for commercial food. They must be able to stand up to abuse tests such as obstacle course traversal in field clothing pockets, storage outdoors anywhere in the world, shipping under extremely rough circumstances (such as by truck over rocky terrain), 100% survival of parachute drops, 75% survival from free failure drops, and severe repetitive vibration. there are 12 meals in a case it is 16"L x 11.5"W x 10"H and weighs 20lbs. 48 cases to a pallet the pallet size 49"L x 41"W x 49"H and weighs 1,000lbs. a truck carries 40 pallets on a 18 wheeler A 20' FCL container will fit 16 pallets.40' FCL container will fit 32 pallets. they also are available in Halal as well as Kosher  Judaeo Christian  cultures. some come with heaters some not so therein we need to know if the people we are delivering to have utilities or the money to pay for them to heat their food. Seems simple but poor people can't always pay their bills -- go figure.

I have carried cases of MRE's -- they are not light so what about cripples the elderly and children that cannot carry 20 pounds in a box this size -- have you ever tried to open a case of MRE's that box is damn near resistant to anyone but military personnel well fed in perfect health can you imagine your grand mother trying to get into a case ? MRE heaters can burn the young and old easily I personally think that is why they still have 30 round magazines and issue bayonets and SOF tomahawks. Det cord might be a better solution but it would open all the packages at once, but conceivably you could wrap it around the center and "split the meals.

there are a bunch of other factors some are not just technical or logistic in nature some are security related -----

I may not be dealing with a full deck but who does most cast off the instruction card and 2 jokers but I am  TELLING ANYONE THAT WILL LISTEN if there are no soldiers or healthy strong  dispersal crew this is not going to work it is not cheaper than people going and getting their own it does not inject cash in to struggling local economies where the local grocery depends on that money to stay afloat the employees depend on the store for their jobs or they will have to shudder their doors thus impaling the locals on the horns of a dilemma of job lossand  having to drive further to get their groceries and making them more poor or worse nut more the same deal with convenience stores ar higher prices.

AGAIN you get nothing for nothing  I don't know it all but I did stay at a (unnamed) motel and ate the free bagel and raunchy coffee.