See who gave reputation

1. Drew_Forge

Drew_Forge

2. wally

wally

• Recent Topics

• my father was a bastard i never got to learn anything from him. a few men tried to teach me stuff later on but eventually i learned everything myself through the school of hard knocks. and i still don't know stuff that i should by now. thats why i admired men that take their role as father seriuosly.  
    • Good time to teach them tracking, awareness method morals and manners of the wildlife around them and fishing and as they can cleaning fish, some children can be sensitive so this is age and maturity predicated. I can't recall exactly when I was introduced to processing wild game but as far back as I can remember I watched my father clean coon, fish, rabbits, squirrels, dove, quail, pheasant,  turkey hogs and deer and some others, large animals were already field dressed when I got to see them the hunting I was allowed to go on was small game and I only got to shoot now and again until I was about 10 then I had my own pellet gun I could go terrorize the woods near the house.The more important thing I remember was the fantastic meals my mother cooked with most of it she had her limits tree rat coon were not on her edibles list she did like rabbit and the rest, but dad had to butcher them into manageable pieces for her to wrestle in the kitchen. we had a band saw and meat grinder and a butcher paper and tape dispenser man that made butchering easy. Fish we had a nice oak plank with an electric pump and sink at the boathouse I was taught to filet all fish except perch my mother like them gutted and scaled head off and she would fry them whole.  As P210SIG said good times father and son bonding may father had more medals than a Portuguese rear admiral, survival knowledge of living in the depression of war and making do with what little you had and a life of working off times in construction and the oilfield and helping friends as military pay was low. I got to watch and help  him do all kinds of things he built most of our second  first home and I had to help at the time I did not understand what all that accumulated knowledge would do for me, help and even save my life a time or three. I had no clue that his words would follow me all my life about safety security and the what where and how of just about everything, I never did get that sex talk though today I think that is really important where as in my day it was doubtful you would die from local slap and tickle I guess he figured those military STD movies might work their magic.
    • Good times , father & son bonding outdoors. Now that my sons in college, we have less time, enjoying theses activities together. Lifetime memories, job well done there Drew_ Forge
    • now that was a good father son thing to do...congrats...