Sign in to follow this  
tinderwolf

Registered Prepper

A weird situation crossed my mind here before heading off to bed and I just wanted to see what you guys thought of this. I believe there was a link about this in another thread so sorry if i'm copying another discussion. There was a time when the US goverment made it illeagl to own gold durring wartime. What if a similar situation happend pertaining to food? What if a time comes when the govnerment says if you have "x" amount of food or supplies you have to register with some agency? Its not such a crazy idea seeing how large the human populations is getting and how small our farm land is becoming. An even crazier idea is what if to do any kind of shopping in the future, since everything is electronic and networked now, you have to use a card that inventories everything you buy and you have a limit on what you can buy during a certain period. I know this probably sounds a little paranoid but it just crossed my mind because I put a lot of time, money, effort into maintaining my "cache" for the safety of my family and it would be a crushing blow to have to basically hand it over if a big green truck pulls up to my door. I don'w know, what do you guys think of this?

Isn't that close to what one of the bills that is supposed to pass/ may have already passed does. Something like having over 7 days supply of food could get an American citizen detained at Guantanamo Bay indefinitely...

Off to find the link about it.

Isn't that close to what one of the bills that is supposed to pass/ may have already passed does. Something like having over 7 days supply of food could get an American citizen detained at Guantanamo Bay indefinitely...

Off to find the link about it.

ooo, do find scrappy, this is interesting.

Split it up, bury it, hide it. It is a possible or even probable scenario. One recommendation: leave something for them to find. They will investigate until they find something. (If this were to happen) Sadly redistribution of assets is normal politics now. It will spill over into more and more areas.

the remarks on that lds page say its not true, but the rumors about katrina 05, are jus that, rumors. i can't find a single story, other than the one i read a month after it happened, all in all, the true part, over 1,000 guns were confiscated from various owners including "one instance captured on film involved 58 year old New Orleans resident Patricia Konie. Konie stayed behind, in her well provisioned home, and had an old revolver for protection. A group of police entered the house, and when she refused to surrender her revolver, she was tackled and it was removed by force. Konie's shoulder was fractured, and she was taken into police custody for failing to surrender her firearm." - wikipedia ; but the rumor was, a prepper's food cache was confiscated and redistributed.

Fear not, I actually have enough guns to make most men green with envy. I just never bought a single one. Dad didn't know what to do with a girl so he treated me like the boys. Haha!

there is something to be said about a girl that has more toys than you do lol.