Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P210SIG

Firearm Customer Service Poll.

6 posts in this topic

This is poll on customer service, from your experience with firearm manufacturers.

Nothing scientific, just a random poll.

How long did it take for the firearm company to repair/fix your problem with one of their products?

What do you think is a fair & reasonable amount of time for a company to fix an issue on one of their firearms that you own?

1-5 days......

1-3 weeks.....

1 month.....

6  months or more.....

Over a year......

wally likes this

Failtec repair centre in Canada.

Product Sub 2000 Gen 1.

Took 11 months to get my firearm back, firearm not repaired.

Wanted to sell me a Gen 2 , that costs more than what I could get at a retail store. Go figure!...

Ended up selling the Sub 2000 to a gun smith for parts.

wally likes this

SIG Sauer - Just sent my P320 in for the drop-fire recall and my P220 in for a SSP tune-up with new night sights. The extractor needed to be replaced badly.

I got the P220 back in like 2 weeks with just the extractor replaced. I contacted SIG and asked why they didn't replace the springs and the night sights. They apologized profusely for the goof, comped me for the freight on the initial order, then sent me a shipping label to send the pistol back to them free of charge, and they gave me the option of upgrading the sights to the new XRay 3 sights or a couple extra mags for my trouble. I took the sights and they're awesome.

I got my P320 back in about three weeks with no issues.

My old man had a Gen 2 Glock 22 go a kablooie on him. He sent the pistol back to Glock, they fixed it free of charge and sent it back with like six extra magazines in four weeks, if I recall.

In my opinion, if the manufacturer really cares about you and their product, they should have a repair done in a month, two tops.

P210SIG and juzcallmesnake like this

yea a month is not out of reason because, we have to understand there are others ahead if they keep me notified of any changes that would be fine too. Compensation of accessories hey that's good stuff shows respect for the customers time and money for his original purchase and hopes to win a customer following. back in the day Ruger replaced the cylinder pin etc. for safety reasons took 2 weeks and I got an pair of grips as I sent it without them they didn't have to but I have not forgotten and that's been 25 years or more and I still buy Ruger. strange I have never had to use their rep[air facilities since, they make a good product generally there have been a few less than stellar but those are rare compared to other companies recalls IMHO.