Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TPSnodgrass

Road Trip protection and “comfort”

5 posts in this topic

So, next week, we are going to see family and grandkids about 1600 miles from here. My wife has her Walther EDC, and I will have my G-26 with G19 mags and grip adapters, a .357 revolver, and a small 9 mm subcompact 9mm pistol for rest stop toilet breaks. Also, long gun will be my lever action .30-30 for critter control, be they two legged or peglegged, I’m not planning on doing any hunting at all, just like the ability to for farther with more.

Ive been seriously thinking, always dangerous, that I “need” a nice bolt action 7.62x39 caliber rifle. So, I’ve looked, researched and shot a few. While I love the CZ  version, I am more drawn to the Ruger American model, simply because if needed, I can use Mini-30mags in it. CZ is only a five rounder, and mags are pricey. I like the 7.62x39 round itself, and have found most loads I use to be extremely accurate in bolt actions. They also give me excellent groups out to 300 meters, which suits my road trip needs and concerns just fine. I can shoot a lot of rounds with little or no residual shoulder issues as well. Unfortunately, I’ve little faith in our politicians from any party, that they can tone down or eliminate their divisive rhetoric and intentional hate speech. I see the need to be prepared for “emergent contingencies”, while traveling. We’ve got a 90 day bucket of food, plenty of water, that goes with us, just in case. Yeah, it’s a heavy load, but, I don’t mind traveling “heavy”, because, I love my wife and kids, grandkids, and we don’t want to be anymore of a burden on them either, if I can limit or reduce needless suffering, why not?

Son and daughter in law are getting very well prepared as well in most areas, and when possible, we’ve assisted with protection preps that we can use as well, when we are in residence. I Have a feeling that civil unrest ala Zimbabwe is not too far in the future for our Republic. I sincerely hope and pray not, but, we will prepare for it, and hope love for mankind will prevail in the hearts of most. Just some thoughts on this Good Friday’s Eve. May this Easter season be a blessed one for all.

P210SIG, Drew_Forge and wally like this

well take care on your trip TPSnograss. i take it your going overland? make sure to get that book from the NRA about all 50 states rules on firearms for the states you will be crossing. ya never know....the CZ will probably be more PC if you know what i mean to get than the ruger....here is a link...

https://tinyurl.com/yam2xpza

Drew_Forge likes this