Sign in to follow this  
juzcallmesnake

Snap shooting an ar

Here is an old read from Charles Askins

Snap shooting

Snap shooting is good to practice it is hard at ranges today as they got all kinds of rules but a good multiple bulls eye target or 4 square a bulls eye north south east and west or if you can on your range just get stick on spots and scatter them around and try to pop them.  When I was a kid we would throw dirt clods we did not have to worry about back stop no one lived in that direction --- and all woods until the next town about 10 miles off.  Today it's getting harder to find a open space to experiment with shooting strategy, tactics, off hand shooting and point shooting.  back in the day I like to copy the old movie cowboys two hand walking the can / target out with a string of bullets.

practice with either shoulder/eye, since it's stupid to fire right handed around the left side of cover, exposing your entire body to do so with a longarm. One thing that really helps is to V notch your luminous "normal range" wing of the rear sight. build up easily seen "wings" of acraglas epoxy. Darken them with layout blue, then marksalot pen ink. You can then use the gun very well even if you only have the use of one arm, carrying a kid, helping your wounded wife walk, etc.