Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P210SIG

Elzetta flashlight ( Amazing )

5 posts in this topic

Came across this video last night about a waterproof flashlight.

I was amazed, have a look.

I just might get one, abit on the pricy side I must say, but then anything good doesn’t come cheap.

wally likes this

150 to 220 bucks  Ahhhhhh hell no.......LOL  I don`t do beach insertion so my dollar store knock offs work fine, besides anything that bright is a lead magnet IMHO

For 1st responders who won the lotto why not  :D

Have gone through 7 flashlights so far that stoped  working simply they were either droped in the snow, or rain got to them when I’m working outdoors doing something etc. They range from $5-60 each. Doing the math, I’ve spent likely close to $200 for all of them more or less. So I’ve been looking around for a water proof flashlight for about 2 years now that can  handle the elements that Mother Nature gives us.. Yes it’s pricey, but theirs no manufactured flashlight that comes remotely close to it at present time.

When it come to a waterproof flashlight, I’ll bite the bullet if I decide to purchase one, hey I can use the recite as a business right off. Certainly a win win in my thoughts.

Did purchase a Nebo  Larry Boss flashlight for my work about a week ago at a good deal for $53 taxes in from police ordnance in Canada. EBay & Amazon are selling them at about $70-80 with shipping.

Time will tell if this one will hold out, as time pass by.

I've had excellent luck with Streamlight flashlights - I was whitetail hunting in West Virginia, and dropped my old Streamlight Scion rechargeable in the woods. Didn't realize it until I got back home to Maine. It was a nasty winter that year, I figured it was a goner. 

The following year, I was keeping an eye open for the light, just in case. Lo and behold, i saw its shiny black anodized case sticking out from under some oak leaves. Score! Threw it back on the charger, and it's still working fine to this day - 10 years later.

I've left Streamlight Polytac lights and Microstreams outdoors, given hem to my teenager to use (and consequently abuse) - they never stop working.

I've had superb luck with Fenix lights these days, and it's what I mostly use. I have a PD35 TAC on the bedstand, and a TK20R in the bug out bag - it can be recharged via USB port, which is awesome when combined with a portable solar charger. The fact that it's watertight and so heavily built you could bludgeon an elk to death with it doesn't hurt either.

juzcallmesnake and wally like this

Do have 2 streamlights, not for EDC , their more for my firearms.

Both are TLR-1 .

They have held up quite well for their intended use.

Looked at the Fenix PD-35 in my area when they first came out, at $129 Plus taxes, your looking at $146 Canadian funds. I dout any Fenix flashlight would survive if it was sumerged under water & the parts removed & asembled back together, like the original first post with the video footage of the Elzetta flashlight.

If theirs any manufactured company that can match & beat it at a lower price point, I’d be all over it.

wally likes this