Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juzcallmesnake

Crossbow tech has reached a zenith

3 posts in this topic

I do not recall any posts on this if so pardon the step on toes.

Crossbow tech has reached a zenith, this places a crossbow into a realistic survival scenario accurate enough to be considered as a sub minute of angle or MOA @ 100 yard weapon. below is a link to the youtube video below that is the company website.

Sub-1 crossbow

Mission crosbow website

wally likes this

Cross bows are nice & powerfull, in a survival situation they are less than ideal to have in my books. Even compound bows are not ideal.

The best bows to have in a survival situation would be long & recurve bows.

If the cams, wires or string breaks your SOL .

One would need a special machine to restring a cross & compound bow, all the best fixing them in the woods or griddown situation.

A simple bow without all the added weight of cams & do dads on it, is way better. The cost of owning a simple bow is $300 or less vs cross bows & compound bows your looking at about $700-800 starting point. For a half decent bow.

Don’t own any cross bows, but have in my household 5 compound bowtech bows in the $800- 1,400 range, for each bow, some Japanese long bows & recurve  bows.

Another thing I can release more arrows faster than a cross bow or compound bow , something like 3 to 1 with a long or recurve bow.

That said, a takedown recurve bow is ideal when all hell breaks out in a SHTF situation.

My 2 pennies,for all its worth.

wally likes this

i have a crossbow and a recurve and a compound but i've only had 12 lessons with a longbow so i couldn't tell you one way or the other which is best accept for the recurve has less moving parts so would be more ideal in a SHTF scenario.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• Mini bikes are great on gasoline consumption, my view of them is that they lack the height clearance if one is heading into the woods, if their is a path / trail then your fine, not so easy to move around if one is heading into virgin bush forest areas. One of the areas I enjoy heading into Canada is Crown Land, where I’ll see at most is  about 1/2 a dozen folks in there, & that’s on a gravel road at best. Most people don’t dare going deep into uncharted areas of Crown Land,  that’s where I like going to explore the wilds of the land. No humans to deal with , just me & Mother Nature. From my evaluation of things , a dirt bike / dual sport / enduro motorcycle would be best suited to the terrain. Oh ATV’s will not cut it, deep in the heart of Crown Land / The Queens Land . In my guesstimation, less than 1 % of the Canadian population actually know where Crown Land is. Their are no-posted signs stating that your in Crown Land & I like it that way.
    • The simplest answer is an old mini bike, one with a magneto fired brigs and Stratton engine....but these are actually harder to find and more costly than one would think for as many of them were around when I was a kid, but any magneto fired bike would be a good start as they are as simple of an electric system as there is and the components are very durable.
    • I’ve looked at a used ZERO MX model at a motorcycle repair shop, that the owner purchased new in 2010, he’s willing to let it go for around $2500 Canadian. I have it on hold for me, until the end of the month. He says that it takes 3 hours for the battery to charge from almost empty to full charge.  I did ride it , it’s not as fast as the newer 2018 models. This used one will hit 55mph / 85kph ,still quite fast for a electric dirt bike.  I’ve poped wheelies with it, the torque is there if needed. It was a fun ride even though it’s used. The only maintenance is oiling  the chain & sprockets & your good to go.  
    • Yeah I'll looked at them a few times. They don't say the battery capacity , but it plugs into a standard outlet(110vac 15 amp (Max)) and charges "overnight" ....so 8hrs(?) and that would include a full discharged battery...right? Then a few solar panels and invertor dedicated to charging it and you would have a 100km plus every few days. Yeah in a hard grid down a really must have.....
    • Anyone own one of these electric motorcycles? I did a test ride on one 3 day ago. Wow , they are fast  & very quite when  your moving along, Stealthy indeed. A viable option as a bug out bike, in a EMP event I’m guessing the bike is toast, unless it’s stored in a EMP cage Buying one new is out of the question, pricy like $8,000 US funds. http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/ca/zero-fx