Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juzcallmesnake

It will never end

1 post in this topic

The argument over 9MM vs 45ACP or the 5.5645 is not enough and the 7.62x51 is to heavy / old antiquated AHHH!

I read an artical about what needs to be done on the small arms front or let is change calibers to 6.5 or a 6.8 MM round and leave behind full metal jacket bullets and opt for expanding and all the pontificating on that subject  I will go after the low hanging fruit first we have more survivors of war because of FMJ projectiles.  If we move to non FMJ projectiles so will all the other nations and i can say without worry that expanding or exploding projectiles will kill and maim more people and in those numbers I only worry about ours  !

I don't care what weapons systems that come out you will have half hate it and the other love it  Don't get me wrong the fact is none of the weapons we are sing are perfect, recall that war is diplomacy by other means and diplomacy is not perfect either.

A weapon by it's very nature has limitations either it's too long short not powerful enough not enough range the ammo is too heavy to complicated or dozens of other reasons.  Remember that money is the main reason for change at this point we have full auto but we are relegated to 3 round burst we care too much about an enemy and collateral damage that they the enemy use for cover  ON PURPOSE, and the collateral are for our enemy and not us so the sheep are with the wolves.

Here is what the changers want a hand held rifle that has more impact @ 500 meters that can be solved by barrel twist change and the use of 77 grain bullets but OH NO thats not enough change they want a 120 grain 6.5MM bullet fine so lets do the math it's twice the weight PERIOD  although you might use a different powder and a 5.56 case but the velocity is barley a change in power. What I see is a bastard of a short 308 case with a 6MM bullet

The 6.5 Grendle the 6MM PPC, the 6MM whisper etc etc are all formed from the imagination of people that want a FAT military contract each has ex officers and generals touting the power accuracy and every other aspect that they think is a failing of the present 5.56X45 or the &.7.62X51 and that is all opinion all the tests are tilted toward change is so someone will make a ton of cash and decades of contracts.

If you cannot take it out with a small arms that is why Americans developed air superiority from egg beaters to subsonic warthogs to supersonic fighters we can sustain in waves and resupply as well as keep the pressure on as the fastest get rearmed and return.  Anyone that thinks we need a 6.5 barrier buster is a dingle berry it is not or ever will be because a barrier is not a defined height and size is it a block of lead or a dozens of feet deep of piled sand is it a steel door if so how thick is it a bank safe door ?  If you bother to think you easily see where it is all B..S. they want change for change sake or cash money neither will improve the accuracy of people in battle under fire it.s a risk to expose your head to fire on a position and that risk will never be removed until we have a robot army. Why do they give medals ? because people risk their lives and "they" have to do something to make all the rest fell better. 

The NEW military is making changes to the retirement system and places the responsibility on the serviceman and want him to invest and save FOR WHAT  we are teetering on the brink of financial collapse and if we don't ok if we do all that financial planning and  savings will be turned into digital currency worth a fraction of it's original worth what next are are service people suppose to buy their own health care ? maybe they will port it over to obummercare LIKE ---LIKE it won't pay for sh*t. this is the government moving the goal posts and when that fails they will move it again all the time telling us it is better and portable you can "use your own doctor" remember that damn lie !

The government and many of the ex military are just as corrupt or bad as any other segment of society just as many hucksters scam artists and con men weapons dealers and dope peddlers, in fact they have caught many doing just those things.  They are always touting their ideas over what is now if we really wanted a battlefield weapon we would never have accepted the AR it ain't light and a lot depends on the mag capacity length butt stock etc. If there is anything I do like is it has so many accessories stocks rails etc that a troop can make it their own but again it adds weight every rail mount and optic it a hangnail what works in a desert hangs on everything in a jungle, in the multitude of environments America operates in no single system other than the basic AK47 design works IMHO.  my preference is a machined receiver with minimal rivets more of a mix of a H&K  and AK  dirt water and element resistant and instead of a rock & lock mag straight in mag.  Ambidextrous safety and charging handle,  Then a heavier polygonal barrel fluted chamber to alleviate cook off  a flash hider that can use the bullet trap grenade launcher w/ use a real length bayonet like the M9.  with the optional   40MM under barrel mount,   keeping the picatinny rail system if I had my Christmas wish it would be able to use magazines belts or drums.  It would be totally rad if the ejection port could be adaptable for right or left hand shooters. 

OH AND SANTA I want a real butt plate STEEL not aluminum,  plastic or rubber so when I butt stroke some meat head it's permanent not a temporary boo boo IMHO.

Optics well thats another wish

wally likes this