Sign in to follow this  
awake

Survival kit for EDC

We have our survival kit in two backpacks, which is enough for at least 3 days. Water is separate, 80lt in 4 jugs. I do have a 30mt rope on the side of one of the bags! We also have other stuff stored with it, tent/sleeping bags/more cooking gear etc, and a list attached to the bag, so if there is time we grab the bags, some water, then start at the top of the list and grab whatever else we have time to grab, the list means we dont waste time thinking, its all there, must add some ammo to one of the bags, a gun might be useful...

Yeah I will take paracord over almost any other cordage because it will hold 550 lbs and more ( the breaking strentgh is really closer to 650-700lbs) is fairly cheap and incredibly versitile. I know this has already been said but just putting in my two cents. Plus it also comes in many different colors which can be good for signaling purposes plus since it has gotten into the mainstream as a "stylish" thing to wear you can now carry your cordage on you ( bracelet, necklace, etc) and it won't seem out of place.

Two things...one has already been mentioned...and that was the paracord braclet.

Second thing is a military style belt. The reason? you can unravel it and use it for fish line, if memory serves the standard style belt is 4lb test weight. I don't know what the weight of the more dress nylon style ones would be.

I think most everyone on this forum has a selection of Paracord, its like... a default must-have in your BOB, its a given around here, that you need paracord. And chosing variable ways to carry/use your paracord can be fun. SO u have a braclet, ok.. thats what ? 25 feet? Useful, but you'll probably need more.