Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juzcallmesnake

Weather

7 posts in this topic

This Am woke to a beautiful winter wonderland scene with snow covered trees lawn the street it was SCARY I thought I was north of I-20 !

This is a once a decade occurrence where we get enough snow to make even a snow angel The really great thing is middle of next week it will be in the 60's and 70's and from here a gradual up tick  to these better temps.

What I really wanted to gloat about was the fantastic breakfast, Omelet of Jack cheese morel mushrooms and coffee  soon could stand up in.  I am not much of a breakfast person but on certain weather events I choose to take some time and enjoy the moment it was great. Simplicity clarity and peaceful seems in todays world those moments are hard to find, It did help that I chose not to watch the news but I did happen to see Megyn Kelly on the morning show and was blow away by how much makeup it takes for her to show herself in daylight WOW ! looked like a made up vampire trying to look alive AAAgggghhha ! a second look was worse it looked like she could remove it like a mask and that gave me the shivers. I was impressed with the topic that your eyebrows are a tell of your health, if thats true how many layers of makeup does it call for to cover a major illness ? or maybe a mental disorder ?

I made Gumbo a few days ago and thats all gone for the next cold spell I think it is time for Lasagna I like mine with mozzarella provolone and ricotta and home made meat sauce I do not cook the noodles I layer them in and let the juice absorb and makes for a dense and moist but not wet dish.  For leftovers I cut it and place a single piece into a quart zip bag and freeze allows me meals when I don't wan't to cook I do cheat on garlic bread I buy a frozen Texas toast already uttered and seasoned and toast it in a frying pan over the stove top.

Winter is also a great potato or vegetable beef soup or chili  My vegetable beef is made with prime rib sear on both sides well and dice put it and all the drippings in the vegetable soup vegetables you like I watch for sales and buy my meat and freeze until I use them otherwise your paying top dollar and that is very expensive.  once in a blue moon I have prime rib.  eggs and hash browns. and when I was a drinking man a Bloody Mary with a double jigger of vodka.  You can eat health and simple but now and then you need to break out and like otherwise your going to die and miss out on all the good stuff that here IMHO.

wally likes this

Thanksgiving here in the Intermountain West was warm and pleasant. Reminded me of California Thanksgivings as a young boy!

All this past week, has been colder than a cast iron toilet seat...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recent Topics

• did you get the ruger or the cz for the trip?
    • Thanks Wally! I should have added, that no matter how hard I try,I continue being a poop magnet in life. Im going to get myself, some nice T shirts that read, “ Go ahead! poke the bear!” Or, “Of course, I’m an (insert favorite expletive here), I’ve been married longer than 40 years, my wife already let’s me know that!” I do think she would beat me severely were I to wear one of those!
    • what an adventure i am glad you made it back TP safe and sound...
    • So, we went out to the Midwest to see the son and his family. Trip out was uneventful, trip back was “interesting”.Hurricane Force north winds, driving snow and ice, and several idiots with vehicle keys that had no business operating any motor vehicle. Gangs of fun! No, seriously, it was the pits. Learned a lot, about our winter driving preps that we put into the vehicle for “just in case”scenarios like the trip coming home. No, we didn’t get stuck, or have to be rescued, we were merely inconvenienced as opposed to caught with our knickers down and twisted in knots. So, we are fanatical about never getting below half a tank, and that saved our bacon. We managed to get one of the last hotel rooms, in a nice small town, in a decent hotel, because we gassed up, upon arrival in town, before we did anything. We learned I-70 was closed and would remain so for about two nights. Well, in the a.m., it was opened for a very short window, and while others were in line at the gas (petrol for the Canuck) station, we and five FedEx tractor-trailer rigs hit the road. About 90minutes later, we were back down to 60mph sustained winds, with gusts going higher, and the folks behind us, got stuck for another night.  Of course, we had plenty  of TP, wet wipes, bags, water and food just in case, SUVs come in handy for hauling. If we had to be out in that crap we would have perished. Glad it wasn’t a century or longer ago!  So, while visiting with the family, we went out to dinner in the adjacent large metro area they live close to. I of course was legally carrying concealed, as was my bride, as we were leaving dinner, a few BLM knuckle-Haids, were trying to intimidate folks as a prelude to their strong arm robbery main goals. One of them, looked at me and said, accusing me of Oedipal relations with my mother, “why don’ you give me yer money?” My reply was 8ndeed polite. “Because, I don’t have to give you anything at all.” I calmly replied. His response was “interesting”, “ I’m goin’ to f*** you up!” My response was still polite, “No, you aren’t, and we’ve got nothing worth you and your associates dying for.” I looked him 8n the eye, and was prepared to draw and shoot him, until one of his associates said, “Dude! He be strapped. He be lookin’ to shoot a brutha! “ After be8ng called a few more invectives, which were neither original nor hurtful, nor threatening, (my wife WAS laughing), they jogged off.  Made me realize that my Glock 26 NEEDS a BUG buddy in my off side pocket, so I can still be “old man”polite and have my hand wrapped around a nice J frame equivalent. It dawned on me, that as I am getting older, still early 60’s and not feeling “old”, some jackass might think I’m an easy target. I would like to be grey man, and still be ready to go all Ninja-Pops on some Richard-head if needed. So, I’m now shopping for a new “friend” in earnest. I never “thought” I could be construed as an easy mark, even now. Huh! Learned something.  Oh, I did have my hickory cane with me, so, that item might have chummed him in, since he wasn’t an obvious intellectual standout. That was unintentional on my part.(really)  Have to have better wits about me from now on.
    • ....so the barrel is longer by a bit....but the slide and frame aren't? So you can just install the "evil" original barrel?