Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
juzcallmesnake

Weather

7 posts in this topic

This Am woke to a beautiful winter wonderland scene with snow covered trees lawn the street it was SCARY I thought I was north of I-20 !

This is a once a decade occurrence where we get enough snow to make even a snow angel The really great thing is middle of next week it will be in the 60's and 70's and from here a gradual up tick  to these better temps.

What I really wanted to gloat about was the fantastic breakfast, Omelet of Jack cheese morel mushrooms and coffee  soon could stand up in.  I am not much of a breakfast person but on certain weather events I choose to take some time and enjoy the moment it was great. Simplicity clarity and peaceful seems in todays world those moments are hard to find, It did help that I chose not to watch the news but I did happen to see Megyn Kelly on the morning show and was blow away by how much makeup it takes for her to show herself in daylight WOW ! looked like a made up vampire trying to look alive AAAgggghhha ! a second look was worse it looked like she could remove it like a mask and that gave me the shivers. I was impressed with the topic that your eyebrows are a tell of your health, if thats true how many layers of makeup does it call for to cover a major illness ? or maybe a mental disorder ?

I made Gumbo a few days ago and thats all gone for the next cold spell I think it is time for Lasagna I like mine with mozzarella provolone and ricotta and home made meat sauce I do not cook the noodles I layer them in and let the juice absorb and makes for a dense and moist but not wet dish.  For leftovers I cut it and place a single piece into a quart zip bag and freeze allows me meals when I don't wan't to cook I do cheat on garlic bread I buy a frozen Texas toast already uttered and seasoned and toast it in a frying pan over the stove top.

Winter is also a great potato or vegetable beef soup or chili  My vegetable beef is made with prime rib sear on both sides well and dice put it and all the drippings in the vegetable soup vegetables you like I watch for sales and buy my meat and freeze until I use them otherwise your paying top dollar and that is very expensive.  once in a blue moon I have prime rib.  eggs and hash browns. and when I was a drinking man a Bloody Mary with a double jigger of vodka.  You can eat health and simple but now and then you need to break out and like otherwise your going to die and miss out on all the good stuff that here IMHO.

wally likes this

Thanksgiving here in the Intermountain West was warm and pleasant. Reminded me of California Thanksgivings as a young boy!

All this past week, has been colder than a cast iron toilet seat...