Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
P210SIG

What’s the best EMP proof motorcycle?

6 posts in this topic

While I’ve been away from the forums here at Survivalcache for a few months.

Been searching for a EMP proof motorcycle.

Ive looked at different makes & models from 2 & 4 strokes.

All enduros or trail/dirt bikes.

Still haven’t purchased a bike yet.

Ive looked at Honda’s & Yamaha 230 cc , Husquarna 250 cc, KTM 300 cc & Honda 650 cc.

Im not a newbie into riding motorcycles & owned road bikes from the early 1970’s to the mid 80’s

Bikes that I’ve owned or riden are ( Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Special 2 stroke, RZ 350 , Kawasaki H2 750 tripple 2 stroke, Suzuki GSXR 750  & Yamaha VMax 1200 cc ).

My question is to fellow owners of dirt/ enduro bike riders / owners , what would you consider is the best EMP proof bike out there?

I’m all ears, & thanks in advance for all information given.

A tall order all I know is it either needs to be stored in a Faraday cage or have little to no electronic parts and if so you need to have spares in a EMP proof can and have a way to cut off the battery when you park it or if struck the voltage surge can burn out bulbs coil and electronics as well they need a kick start in case the electric starter goes bad.

From your post you have mechanical skills so a rebuild kit or few or a 2nd non running for spare parts not commonly available from parts stores. I think any model from the 70's  in the 250CC range as the power and torque and speed  weight ratio  would allow for the most riding flexibility in all terrain I recall the Honda Elsinore was a beast for it's availability for it size and weight I had a Yamaha and the 2 stroke pump failed and toasted the motor I would also eliminate any pump and premix fuel.

Some of the op performers were Bultaco BSA  Honda Husqverna  The Honda was the most available the world over so IMO I would look for the largest seller with most availability of parts and information I do recall CZ and Ducati but I'd be willing to bet parts are rare to impossible to find for most of these.

Not that you could get one, they are not easy to find at all, but the M1030M1 Marine scout bike would be an interesting choice. Not sure if the are hardened in any way or not....otherwise an older bike, gravity feed fuel system, kick start only, 4 cycle or premix, Dynamo over alternator basicly no electronics even lights. You might even think about the old "mini bike" with the Brigs and Stratton engines that were rather common when I was a kid. 

wally likes this

My thoughts over the weeks in my research, their is no best EMP motorcycle out there for the masses.

The best way to over come an EMP attack, is to have spare electronic parts in a  EMP proof cage/container for what ever type of vehicle you might have. 

Well this will be my answer to it. 

I like 2 stroke motorcycles so that’s what I’ll be looking to get.

wally likes this